Help With Rogue.

90 Worgen Rogue
Hey guys, I've been playing a rogue for a while now and pretty geared (383 item level), but the problem im having is-is that im pulling way low dps then I should be. Im roughly sitting on around 18k min to 25k tops in Raid Finder, whilst lower geared rogues are pulling way more than I do and secondly they dont have Fear nor Vengeance. I am currently Assassination Spec and always have been through the years, but i honestly don't think that has anything to do with it. Here is my Armory Link http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/dathremar/Nitrobladez/simple please get back to me if there is any problem you see please. If there any website links with great information id much appreciate it if you could here aswell please. Lastly can you please tell me your Assassination rotation please.

Thankyou Nitrobladez
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
I would suggest combat hun
Reply Quote
10 Worgen Mage
Try loading your character profile into

http://shadowcraft.mmo-mumble.com/

Using this you can optimize your reforges and gems. This will help plenty.
Edited by Fishbiscuit on 4/24/2012 9:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
You are sitting at 30 expertise when you shouldn't really be focusing that at all as assassination. You also are not spell hit capped, which is very important when the majority of your damage is from poisons. Cap your spell hit, lose some of that expertise and your reforging should be okay so just make sure you are using the right rotation. Good luck.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
I checked everything and that seems to be the biggest thing. A direct copy from Shadowcraft would be

Reforging:

Reforged Jagged Edge of Time to -45 Expertise Rating / +45 Hit Rating
Reforged Alurmi's Ring to -68 Haste Rating / +68 Hit Rating
Reforged Windslicer Boomerang to -40 Haste Rating / +40 Hit Rating
Reforged Batwing Cloak to -64 Crit Rating / +64 Hit Rating
Reforged Signet of Grasping Mouths to -62 Crit Rating / +62 Hit Rating
Reforged Molten Blood Footpads to -96 Haste Rating / +96 Hit Rating
Reforged Blackfang Battleweave Tunic to -105 Haste Rating / +105 Hit Rating
Reforged Blackfang Battleweave Gloves to -84 Expertise Rating / +84 Mastery Rating
Reforged Blackfang Battleweave Helmet to -95 Crit Rating / +95 Mastery Rating

Gemming:

Regemming Batwing Cloak socket 1 from Adept Ember Topaz to Delicate Inferno Ruby

Regemming Belt of Flayed Skin socket 3 from Adept Ember Topaz to Delicate Inferno Ruby

Regemming Signet of Grasping Mouths socket 1 from Adept Ember Topaz to Delicate Inferno Ruby
Edited by Doleo on 4/24/2012 2:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
I JUST DID ALL THAT!

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

:D
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
I ran assassination through Firelands. After DS when LFR came out I realized how strong combat spec was with the right gear and simple rotation. The problem with assassination is not being able to get behind all the bosses in DS.

Combat lets you beat on them face to face if you have to.

Also what Doleo said... (not Gyro) :P
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
strong combat spec was with the right gear and simple rotation. The problem with assassination is not being able to get behind all the bosses in DS.

Combat lets you beat on them face to face if you have to.

Also what Doleo said... (not Gyro) :P

:P Thanks!
Edited by Doleo on 4/24/2012 4:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
04/24/2012 11:53 AMPosted by Hebhes
The problem with assassination is not being able to get behind all the bosses in DS.

Not exactly, although that's the specific problem with Ultraxion.

In general, combat and subtlety simply perform better given the present fight mechanics.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
xD we all know whats BEST, but whats efficient and practical is whats best in every case. We can all agree, sub is best, but for THIS EXPANSION... its combat. Nuff said.

Some like to duel spec pve, but i do pvp and pve, so i dont like it. I do combat for everything, and I still top the charts. Go Combat, so that for the next expansion we can say that "sub is the best, but for this tier its _____________ (fill in the blank)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]