there are warlocks everywhere now

90 Human Warlock
04/25/2012 05:07 PMPosted by Vreivai
Basically, a bunch of people ignorant of most warlock mechanics looked at warlocks in early beta and assumed we were going to be the new FOTM in MoP. Now, the bugs/design flaws that caused us to be so absurdly OP in early beta have mostly been fixed, though these people don't know it because they don't know the class, and fail to recognize that we currently look to be in a much worse state in MoP than we are on live.

I thought the same thing at firste , but after looking closely I figured out that these changes probly will make us worse! At 85 we will be okay ,but at 90 we are gonna drop of a little because everone elses 90 talents are way better than ours. 200% larger AOES is useless,cast while moving looks super clunky ,and that other one is pretty bad not to mention all 3 of these are super boring. I thought we wanted to move away from boring.....
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
I just wanna cry...no hellfire...I love popping demon form and running around hellfiring.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Didn't I see a thread from a "Savior of Azeroth" warlock a few weeks ago asking fellow warlocks to have Mage alts for back up? And now this. You warlocks are so silly.

And yea I'm in the same boat to make a warlock alt myself.
Edited by Compadre on 4/27/2012 7:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
04/24/2012 05:00 PMPosted by Evillocksp
Going to be hillarious seeing the new locks fail when they try our class. Ive been playing mine since BC days as well as a few of my friends, and have been talking about that. Already encountered some of them on the Beta, asking me my rotation, u can tell becuz they got the premade character armor set. haha

it's going to be hillarious that they come to realize during that time the class is still broken (just an observation on our current condition) and that they wasted all of that time leveling and getting the gear for the class and then the warlock population would decrease and say that our class sucks or that we QQ a lot of our future problems in the next expansion... Ridiculous psychology people have...
Reply Quote
52 Human Warlock
Not all of us are jumping on a bandwagon :> I personally made a lock simply because out of all of the classes available, it interested me the most. Naturally weak or strong doesn't matter :P it is about what you enjoy, eh?
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Warlock
It's because Monks stink and will be a flop because they were afraid of creating another DK. Sooo, MoP will be the Warlock Expansion. Happy lil 3 spell rotations for all .

meh , boooooo!
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Death Knight
Been rocking my Lock since early Wrath, but yep, I have noticed an increase in Locks.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
She suspects something brothers. Silence her before she disturbs the master's plans.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
The warlock class in MoP is going to be like the DK in wrath in my opinion. Everyone will have one, and only a small fraction will do well at it. However, the DK is wrath is also the warlock from BC...and possibly vanilla.
Reply Quote
84 Human Warlock
It makes me sad to know that there will be so many "terribad" demonology warlocks being made just for MoP...

bad players will try it, fail, and leave. No harm, no foul.
Good players will try it, succeed, and stay if and only if Warlocks are actually viable.

To the OP, the changes to warlocks in MoP are completely revolutionizing warlock playstyle. It's not just a tweek here and there but a total tear-down and re-build. So a lot of players want to be able to try out the new toys.

Except for affliction, which they're finishing off with a bullet to the head after 2 straight content cycles of post-S3 gutting.

Affliction was fun because your dots hit hard and you played by sucking the life from your foes to sustain yourself. You could aoe grind doing this, and you were actually more than free honor in pvp.

Now you just get to babysit 2 hard-casted spells, one is 40% of your damage and requires shards, the other is CHANNELED, just to have dots as strong as baseline SPRIEST..

Further insult, locks lose siphon life, healing from haunt (which was already a terrible nerf from the baseline dot power, siphon life, and drain life when LK started), and SPRIESTS get it INSTEAD!
Edited by Yuzuha on 4/30/2012 10:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
Started my lock in the release of wrath but played a rogue during BC. This class is by far the hardest to play.
Reply Quote
86 Goblin Priest
04/30/2012 10:14 PMPosted by Yuzuha

bad players will try it, fail, and leave. No harm, no foul.
Good players will try it, succeed, and stay if and only if Warlocks are actually viable.

To the OP, the changes to warlocks in MoP are completely revolutionizing warlock playstyle. It's not just a tweek here and there but a total tear-down and re-build. So a lot of players want to be able to try out the new toys.

Except for affliction, which they're finishing off with a bullet to the head after 2 straight content cycles of post-S3 gutting.

Affliction was fun because your dots hit hard and you played by sucking the life from your foes to sustain yourself. You could aoe grind doing this, and you were actually more than free honor in pvp.

Now you just get to babysit 2 hard-casted spells, one is 40% of your damage and requires shards, the other is CHANNELED, just to have dots as strong as baseline SPRIEST..

Further insult, locks lose siphon life, healing from haunt (which was already a terrible nerf from the baseline dot power, siphon life, and drain life when LK started), and SPRIESTS get it INSTEAD!

In our defense us Spriests have always been cooler than aff warlocks.

Here's what I see myself. "Mists of Pandaria, Rise of the Warlock Hipsters"
"I was demo before it was cool"
"I hard casted as destro in pvp back in Cata"
"I've been spamming shadow bolt for years newbs"

;) I'm reviving my old 60 lock myself hoping destro is fun in pvp
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
I've been playing my lock since vanilla and to this day still my only toon that ever made past lvl 30. with that being said I've been on beta for a couple of weeks now and been playing demo. People who are rolling lock cause they are FoTM are gunna be like WTF. All our spells are situational with the exeption of filler spells. So gl to the people who don't know the class. LOL HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
04/30/2012 10:40 PMPosted by Kiyasu
;) I'm reviving my old 60 lock myself hoping destro is fun in pvp

Are you implying this isn't the case at the moment on random bgs?
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
Dat Lock :3
Reply Quote
84 Human Warlock
oh the insult trains keep coming.

Feral druid rip is undispellable and in beta is bleeding out over 130k hp over 16 seconds on premades..

one dot, 130k hp, no sign of haunt or MG there, and they can stun their targets and shift out of snares/roots to assure application, then shift out and heal.

but damnit, giving locks dots like this which are subject to dispel magic is out of the question!
Edited by Yuzuha on 5/1/2012 4:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
86 Goblin Priest
oh the insult trains keep coming.

Feral druid rip is undispellable and in beta is bleeding out over 130k hp over 16 seconds on premades..

one dot, 130k hp, no sign of haunt or MG there, and they can stun their targets and shift out of snares/roots to assure application, then shift out and heal.

but damnit, giving locks dots like this which are subject to dispel magic is out of the question!

I feel like I say this all the time. THE NUMBER PASS HAS NOT HAPPENED YET. No numbers in the game at this moment matter. At all. (Speaking of Beta of course). On my beta destro lock I happily spam 10k fel fires that regularly crit for 20k. Just spam the crap out of it. Irrelevant.

Also comparing a warlocks dots to any other classes dots is as stupid as saying "Hey my warriors slam doesn't hit as hard as that death knights obliterate" |

After the numbers pass, then you complain.
Reply Quote
Somebody say Warlock?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Going to be hillarious seeing the new locks fail when they try our class. Ive been playing mine since BC days as well as a few of my friends, and have been talking about that. Already encountered some of them on the Beta, asking me my rotation, u can tell becuz they got the premade character armor set. haha

Clearly you don't have beta access yet. All warlock specs use less than 6 buttons now, we're more or less comparable to a fire/frost mage. Learning curve has definitely been reduced.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warlock
04/24/2012 07:45 PMPosted by Ridiculator
Are there any classes that warlocks are a hard counter to?

I think we make those pesky blood DKs think about respeccing when they are feared away from death striking and melt down.

Healers hate us. Well, at least I hate warlocks when I heal.

I see RBG groups pugging for warlocks pretty frequently. Maybe that's why a bunch are coming out of the woodwork.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]