LNS Selling Heroic Madness Achieve/Title Thrs

Hello,

This Thursday one lucky healer will have the opportunity to pay for the Heroic Madness achievement and Savior of Azeroth title, which only two Alliance guild have, and no other Alliance guild seems to be getting any time soon unless nerfs occur ASAP.

Raid starts 9PM server on Thursday. Doing Heroic Rag and Heroic Sinestra after; if you are good you might be able to run those with us as a bonus.

Price is 100k gold but negotiable. Expecting 390+ ilvl and you to not be a !@#$ healer. Must carry own weight- we will handle the difficult parts.

Respond here or whisper/mail me on this character in game if you would like to remain anonymous.

Peace,
Infandus
Edited by Infandus on 4/24/2012 10:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
04/24/2012 10:36 PMPosted by Infandus
you to not be a !@#$ healer

damn....

:(
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
"Looking for a healer to buy a Heroic madness achieve but you have to be capable of doing heroic madness"
Reply Quote
Well yeah, if we take someone that is braindead they might wipe us with every corrupting parasite he or she receives for example.

Replace $@$! healer with $!#! player if you care.

So you're a decent player but don't want to spend months working your way up to heroic Madness and have gold laying around. Boom, achieve and title.

Maybe another week we essentially 9 man Heroic Madness with someone that is rich but awful. But for this week it will be much more fun for all parties if the person that fills in is at least decent.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
I think this is more for good players who are in guilds that may not down h madness this exp, not people who couldn't do it period.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I found this thread intriguing since I've been debating when we would be selling Madness titles/mounts. We have been selling H. Rag mounts for some time now for 100k and we get off server xfers who gladly pay that amount...as it goes for upwards of 300k on some servers.

I have a few questions and I realize these probably won't get answered, but it can't hurt to ask. Also, I'm simply curious as to what your reply, if any will be. On a side note...I do recall you from my days on Durotan. So without further hesitation:

1. I was going to ask if you were already selling the vastly more popular H. Rag mounts, but then I looked at wowprogress and noticed your guild hasn't killed it yet. Why/how is that?

2. Since your first Madness Kill was just last week, I have to infer that you didn't find the encounter easy, so do you really think a 5% nerf will propel it into faceroll status?

3. Healing is one of the more difficult tasks on that encounter. Do you A) feel that you can find a good enough healer who also has that kind of money/interest and B) trust them to just pick up the encounter in a few tries?

4. Since you've had 1 kill, do people in your guild not want the mount?

5. If the mount doesn't come along with the title, why are you selling this? The mount is what has value since Blizzard will probably reduce the drop % upon MoP, but the title, much like Light of Dawn will be easily farmable to pugs.

6. Only 100k?

Just to reiterate, I'm not trolling or insinuating that you're bad. I'm curious as to the thought behind this. Also, on a side note...I will say that looking at Durotan's wowprogress made me smile.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
04/26/2012 10:30 AMPosted by Moogoogaipan
I will say that looking at Durotan's wowprogress made me smile.

Made you smile in a good way, or a bad way?
04/26/2012 12:39 AMPosted by Infandus
So you're a decent player but don't want to spend months working your way up to heroic Madness and have gold laying around. Boom, achieve and title.

Curious as to how long it took your guild to achieve this title and achievement... oh yea, last week. My bad. So im guessing your looking for a "decent" healer to fill the vacant "decent" healer spot your guild raid team lost? Im just a little confuzzled by that. What if a "decent" tank or a "decent" dps wants to fork over the gold for said title and achievement? Can they go too?

Its nice to see our favorite Death Knight has started a trend on Durotan, though i think he has more merit to run "decent" players through H DS. Just sayin...
Reply Quote
I found this thread intriguing since I've been debating when we would be selling Madness titles/mounts. We have been selling H. Rag mounts for some time now for 100k and we get off server xfers who gladly pay that amount...as it goes for upwards of 300k on some servers.

I have a few questions and I realize these probably won't get answered, but it can't hurt to ask. Also, I'm simply curious as to what your reply, if any will be. On a side note...I do recall you from my days on Durotan. So without further hesitation:

1. I was going to ask if you were already selling the vastly more popular H. Rag mounts, but then I looked at wowprogress and noticed your guild hasn't killed it yet. Why/how is that?

2. Since your first Madness Kill was just last week, I have to infer that you didn't find the encounter easy, so do you really think a 5% nerf will propel it into faceroll status?

3. Healing is one of the more difficult tasks on that encounter. Do you A) feel that you can find a good enough healer who also has that kind of money/interest and B) trust them to just pick up the encounter in a few tries?

4. Since you've had 1 kill, do people in your guild not want the mount?

5. If the mount doesn't come along with the title, why are you selling this? The mount is what has value since Blizzard will probably reduce the drop % upon MoP, but the title, much like Light of Dawn will be easily farmable to pugs.

6. Only 100k?

Just to reiterate, I'm not trolling or insinuating that you're bad. I'm curious as to the thought behind this. Also, on a side note...I will say that looking at Durotan's wowprogress made me smile.

1. Our raid group started as a ragtag pug near the end of FL. We got to 4/7 Heroic before DS came out, and then focused on that. Our raiders have lives and don't have time for old content, so we couldn't really afford to spend random extra nights on FL. Each week I maximized the amount of heroic progression we could get allowing us enough time to clear the rest on normal, no more, no less.

Edit for clarity: After HC Morchok back in winter, when we had a mix of people taking breaks or leaving, since we were also undergeared coming in, we put off HC Yors and instead did HC FL (during the time we would normally be doing progression) to get gear upgrades, rep for the ring, achievements, and work on my staff.

2. Our first kill was 4/16, two raid weeks ago. We did an achieve run last week. Our first Spine kill was 4/12. We spent only a night and a half of working on it. Check the logs on WorldOfLogs - 18 total attempts for the kill. The first 2 attempts were less than 2 mins as we just wanted to test some timings. 2 times we wiped because a healer did not carried to the last platform. 2-3 times we wiped because of someone lagging. So figure about 12 real attempts.

Do you think ~12 true attempts to kill the last heroic of the expansion counts as difficult? Please.

3. A) Not from what our healers said. B) Not much for them to learn as we have general strategy handled.

4. People in the guild want the mount, which is why the deal is only for the title right now.

5. Value for you is different from value for others. Just because it is not worth it for you to buy a $100,000 watch that you might wear a few times, there are people out there that would find it worth it.

6. Question 5 seems to contradict this one. Not sure what you're going at.
Edited by Infandus on 4/26/2012 3:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/26/2012 10:55 AMPosted by Karnagé
I will say that looking at Durotan's wowprogress made me smile.

Made you smile in a good way, or a bad way?

Curious as to how long it took your guild to achieve this title and achievement... oh yea, last week. My bad. So im guessing your looking for a "decent" healer to fill the vacant "decent" healer spot your guild raid team lost? Im just a little confuzzled by that. What if a "decent" tank or a "decent" dps wants to fork over the gold for said title and achievement? Can they go too?

Its nice to see our favorite Death Knight has started a trend on Durotan, though i think he has more merit to run "decent" players through H DS. Just sayin...

Honestly, it's a matter of preference, not a matter of capability. If someone comes in and pulls a laughable 9k HPS, we will probably still get the kill. Read above - this fight is not hard, and never has been compared to Spine.

As said before, it was two weeks ago, and only took us 1.5 nights, about 12 real attempts to get it down.

Not sure what your comment about Variat/Disbanded is supposed to mean. With only 5% less nerf, it took them 26 pulls to kill it, not counting any that were not shown on WoL. It then took them 12 pulls the following week to get it down. No PUGs in that run as far as I can see. Something is clearly wrong to wipe on this fight 12 times after killing it with what was then a 10% nerf.

And if you'd like to compare how long it took us to finish DS compared to them, try raiding an entire patch where you have zero fill ins except for when you had 1 fill in for a 2 week span. Plus, we only raided 3 nights a week, and if you look at how long it took from Reg Madness to Heroic Yors down, realize we lost a handful of our core raiders to various reasons, and on top of that we had to deal with people taking breaks and going on vacation during the winter months.

I have respect for most people in DR, but they have a few members that like to try to act like big cats when they have nothing but laughable results.

(BTW: Mage Lessons still available at the rate of $50/hr. Lessons worked wonders for the player in our group that face-pulled Ultra this week while we sat there buffing up)
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
I gotta stop with the 6 beer after work; your entire reply was just condensed into one long line of what?.... sry.

So i dont get another 72hr ban for voicing my opinion, I will choose not respond to the whole respect and DR thing you mentioned....

Kthxbye
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
This thread made me giggle.
Reply Quote
88 Worgen Death Knight
Just because a guild group was formed at the end of firelands doesn't mean they are not capable of doing this, some people have real life issues that prevent them from completing a tier and thus holding back a whole group during progression, so assuming that someone can't do it because of the limited things that can be seen from the outside is just ridiculous.
Edited by Tult on 4/26/2012 4:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
With only 5% less nerf, it took them 26 pulls to kill it, not counting any that were not shown on WoL. It then took them 12 pulls the following week to get it down. No PUGs in that run as far as I can see. Something is clearly wrong to wipe on this fight 12 times after killing it with what was then a 10% nerf.

LOL OH SNAP. Infandus gettin' a big head for his little gnome body bwahahaha.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I haven't been so tempted to troll a thread in a long, long time. I'm not sure I'm strong enough to resist the temptation for long. I think I'll pull strength from the fact that if I did get started, it would be one long-!@# post, so I'll just save myself the effort and remain silent.

I will leave this thread for the time-being with the postulation that your group most likely had to deal with the random Madness bugs, such as having your tank / healer fall through the world in between platforms, far less than we did. And our follow-up week, while we didn't have "pugs" in the sense that pugs are defined, we did bring in two new people who had yet to experience the fight. One of which has a fond penchant for showing up drunk lol....Yeah, I'll just leave this thread at that.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
such as having your tank / healer fall through the world in between platforms,

omg that happened to me for the first time ever a little bit ago. Priest fell through too, sucks man. ): always on the way to the 4th platform too.....
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

1. Our raid group started as a ragtag pug near the end of FL. We got to 4/7 Heroic before DS came out, and then focused on that. Our raiders have lives and don't have time for old content, so we couldn't really afford to spend random extra nights on FL. Each week I maximized the amount of heroic progression we could get allowing us enough time to clear the rest on normal, no more, no less.

Ok. I wasn't asking why you didn't kill it while it was relevant, though it would be a good explanation for that. I was asking why you STILL haven't killed it. While it is still one of my favorite replies even back when it was relevant when raiding did require a time commitment greater then watching a feature film, falling back on "having lives" doesn't quite cut it. It takes roughly 3 hours in a week to clear both Heroic DS and Heroic FL. Also, some BiS items still drop from heroic FL. idk, was just curious, but I like the snarky answer.

2. Our first kill was 4/16, two raid weeks ago. We did an achieve run last week. Our first Spine kill was 4/12. We spent only a night and a half of working on it. Check the logs on WorldOfLogs - 18 total attempts for the kill. The first 2 attempts were less than 2 mins as we just wanted to test some timings. 2 times we wiped because a healer did not carried to the last platform. 2-3 times we wiped because of someone lagging. So figure about 12 real attempts.

Do you think ~12 true attempts to kill the last heroic of the expansion counts as difficult? Please.

Ok. Heroic Madness is a fairly easy encounter comparative to say H. Spine or H. Ragnaros (pre-nerfs). It took us 6 actual days between Spine and MoD. I don't know how many attempts we put in because it was nearly 3 months ago. This was at 5%. I don't think it's difficult at 15% with 10 appropriately geared people. I do think it would be more challenging with 9 people, using the last spot as an undergeared healer...especially for a group that couldn't get it at 10%. And yes, everyone deals with the bug where someone falls jumping platforms.

3. A) Not from what our healers said. B) Not much for them to learn as we have general strategy handled.

It's not challenging for people who are primarily healers and used to such things and have gear appropriate to the content. Assuming you 2 heal, then having a pug handle 50% of something they aren't familiar with would be fun to watch if there was a spectator mode. And if you aren't 2 healing...then yeah.

4. People in the guild want the mount, which is why the deal is only for the title right now.

Ok. Which is why the deal has virtually no value since you can have the title in 6 or so months for free. The mount on the other hand will become just short of impossible to get once MoP comes out. Which one of those two things sounds more likely to be worth gold?

5. Value for you is different from value for others. Just because it is not worth it for you to buy a $100,000 watch that you might wear a few times, there are people out there that would find it worth it.

This analogy doesn't fit. A more appropriate analogy would be "I have this bottle of water, and you're not that thirsty. You can have it for $3,000 now or you can just wait till you get home in 3 hours and get it for free". The rarity of something is what brings value to it.

6. Question 5 seems to contradict this one. Not sure what you're going at.

My point is why are you selling this for just $300k. You would be the only people on the server capable of doing this. A fool who would pay $100k for such a thing would surely pay $200k, if not $300k.
Reply Quote
I haven't been so tempted to troll a thread in a long, long time. I'm not sure I'm strong enough to resist the temptation for long. I think I'll pull strength from the fact that if I did get started, it would be one long-!@# post, so I'll just save myself the effort and remain silent.

I will leave this thread for the time-being with the postulation that your group most likely had to deal with the random Madness bugs, such as having your tank / healer fall through the world in between platforms, far less than we did. And our follow-up week, while we didn't have "pugs" in the sense that pugs are defined, we did bring in two new people who had yet to experience the fight. One of which has a fond penchant for showing up drunk lol....Yeah, I'll just leave this thread at that.

Honestly dude, I didn't even want to bring it up.

But it hit a breaking point where I got tired of getting absolutely no respect whatsoever for our raid group or anything we've done.

How you felt when you read the comment about how many attempts you took, and the fact that there was a lot of stuff under the surface that would explain a lot of things, is something we have had to deal with for months now. It's pretty annoying.
Reply Quote
1. Two raid weeks ago was Madness. Last raid week was Achieve+Heroic run (heroic on fights we could handle doing both the achieve and it heroic like ultra, not hagara). That was on Tuesday. On Thursday we full cleared Heroic FL and tried out some heroic rag attempts. Also spent some time screwing around with Sinestra. Got in maybe 5-6. Took Sunday off. This week Tues Morchok through Spine heroic. Tonight Madness. Probably taking Sunday off again.

Oh no, we must be baddies because we decided to take it easy and chill out after heroic DS instead of going back to last tier's content! Damn us for making different decisions!

4. Players value all sorts of random dumb stuff. Just because you are not insane about achievements does not mean someone else out there does not want to have his or her Heroic Madness achievement while the content was still relevant.

5. The achievement and title are pretty rare on Durotan right now. Your analogy fails because this thread is in no way aimed for people that are not thirsty. Nor is it aimed at people that are thirsty and poor.

6. Having a small chance of getting an extra 100k-200k gold was not worth the detriment of scaring away people who do not have enough gold. I felt like it was a good starting point. I have no idea what someone might pay for the achievement and title.

Keep in mind this was an experiment as we have never sold a carry of any kind before.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
This thread still makes me giggle.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]