I found this thread intriguing since I've been debating when we would be selling Madness titles/mounts. We have been selling H. Rag mounts for some time now for 100k and we get off server xfers who gladly pay that amount...as it goes for upwards of 300k on some servers.
I have a few questions and I realize these probably won't get answered, but it can't hurt to ask. Also, I'm simply curious as to what your reply, if any will be. On a side note...I do recall you from my days on Durotan. So without further hesitation:
1. I was going to ask if you were already selling the vastly more popular H. Rag mounts, but then I looked at wowprogress and noticed your guild hasn't killed it yet. Why/how is that?
2. Since your first Madness Kill was just last week, I have to infer that you didn't find the encounter easy, so do you really think a 5% nerf will propel it into faceroll status?
3. Healing is one of the more difficult tasks on that encounter. Do you A) feel that you can find a good enough healer who also has that kind of money/interest and B) trust them to just pick up the encounter in a few tries?
4. Since you've had 1 kill, do people in your guild not want the mount?
5. If the mount doesn't come along with the title, why are you selling this? The mount is what has value since Blizzard will probably reduce the drop % upon MoP, but the title, much like Light of Dawn will be easily farmable to pugs.
6. Only 100k?
Just to reiterate, I'm not trolling or insinuating that you're bad. I'm curious as to the thought behind this. Also, on a side note...I will say that looking at Durotan's wowprogress made me smile.
1. Our raid group started as a ragtag pug near the end of FL. We got to 4/7 Heroic before DS came out, and then focused on that. Our raiders have lives and don't have time for old content, so we couldn't really afford to spend random extra nights on FL. Each week I maximized the amount of heroic progression we could get allowing us enough time to clear the rest on normal, no more, no less.
Edit for clarity: After HC Morchok back in winter, when we had a mix of people taking breaks or leaving, since we were also undergeared coming in, we put off HC Yors and instead did HC FL (during the time we would normally be doing progression) to get gear upgrades, rep for the ring, achievements, and work on my staff.
2. Our first kill was 4/16, two raid weeks ago. We did an achieve run last week. Our first Spine kill was 4/12. We spent only a night and a half of working on it. Check the logs on WorldOfLogs - 18 total attempts for the kill. The first 2 attempts were less than 2 mins as we just wanted to test some timings. 2 times we wiped because a healer did not carried to the last platform. 2-3 times we wiped because of someone lagging. So figure about 12 real attempts.
Do you think ~12 true attempts to kill the last heroic of the expansion counts as difficult? Please.
3. A) Not from what our healers said. B) Not much for them to learn as we have general strategy handled.
4. People in the guild want the mount, which is why the deal is only for the title right now.
5. Value for you is different from value for others. Just because it is not worth it for you to buy a $100,000 watch that you might wear a few times, there are people out there that would find it worth it.
6. Question 5 seems to contradict this one. Not sure what you're going at.