LNS Selling Heroic Madness Achieve/Title Thrs

85 Worgen Death Knight
I think the little wee gnome is getting angry... quick, someone pour water on it!
Reply Quote
Dargoxx - this is for you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWNaR-rxAic&ob=av3e

;)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Dargoxx - this is for you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWNaR-rxAic&ob=av3e

;)

Brb, pouring acid in my ears.
Reply Quote
88 Worgen Death Knight
04/26/2012 11:36 PMPosted by Karnagé
I think the little wee gnome is getting angry... quick, someone pour water on it!

Are you angry because your bad? you don't raid and have lost more 2's matches then you have won. 1459 rbg rating isn't anything special either.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Nice, this threads about who's small e-peen is bigger than the next persons. Infandus, with a 15% nerf.. everything is easy, we full clear DS in under 3 hours. I'm pretty sure Madness takes the biggest hits from the increasing nerf then all the other fights in DS. So your comment on how it took us more attempts at a lower % is invalid.
Edited by Despoina on 4/27/2012 10:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

Are you angry because your bad? you don't raid and have lost more 2's matches then you have won. 1459 rbg rating isn't anything special either.

I love how instead of attacking each other in pve, someone had to talk about arena.. and in a bracket that means jack !@#$. I sure hope that isn't the toon you actually do pvp with, otherwise you have no room to talk. (not saying my pvp is much better, but I'm not the one bragging here)
Edited by Despoina on 4/27/2012 9:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Good read.
Reply Quote
88 Worgen Death Knight

I love how instead of attacking each other in pve, someone had to talk about arena.. and in a bracket that means jack !@#$. I sure hope that isn't the toon you actually do pvp with, otherwise you have no room to talk. (not saying my pvp is much better, but I'm not the one bragging here)

all I was saying is he has nothing on that toon that shows is he good at anything. I suck at pvp I do battlegrounds for fun, I was making the point that for all we know that guy is some durotan troll that does nothing but troll people. you are right about mixing pve and pvp things but I'm just calling him a troll is all that was, and I was not by any means bragging, I am upset that they actually made the nerf affect heroic, Killing stuff with a nerf is not an accomplishment.
Edited by Tult on 4/27/2012 11:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
04/27/2012 07:16 AMPosted by Tult

Very few people on this thread are allowed to talk about arenas.

Infandus - That was by chance the worst thing you've ever sent me. However, message received. ;)
Reply Quote
88 Worgen Death Knight
04/27/2012 11:23 AMPosted by Dargoxx

Very few people on this thread are allowed to talk about arenas.

Infandus - That was by chance the worst thing you've ever sent me. However, message received. ;)
I know your just a troll dargoxx lol
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
04/27/2012 07:16 AMPosted by Tult

If having a real life makes me bad, ok. Im bad. You got me there. Im bad cause i have a daughter to look after and all; im bad because I choose to have a social life outside of wow... Im so bad.

I dont raid cause i dont much have a taste for it; my 2's rating is crap because I just run them to kill time and for fun, so i could care less about the rating and wins/losses. I havent ran rbgs in weeks cause i am busy with other things. So, sorry Im bad; and sorry you took offense to the water-on-the-gnome comment; so so sorry for making a smart alec comment out of fun. I pwomise I wont anymore, k?
Reply Quote
88 Worgen Death Knight

If having a real life makes me bad, ok. Im bad. You got me there. Im bad cause i have a daughter to look after and all; im bad because I choose to have a social life outside of wow... Im so bad.

I dont raid cause i dont much have a taste for it; my 2's rating is crap because I just run them to kill time and for fun, so i could care less about the rating and wins/losses. I havent ran rbgs in weeks cause i am busy with other things. So, sorry Im bad; and sorry you took offense to the water-on-the-gnome comment; so so sorry for making a smart alec comment out of fun. I pwomise I wont anymore, k?
So you don't raid but you felt you should come in here and give your 2 cents... ok. At least everyone else who had something to say raids.
Edited by Tult on 4/27/2012 12:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
lolololol
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin

Lololololol. This is the most cliche excuse for being bad I've ever heard. If you're so very busy with your daughter, get off the forums and stop making an !@# out of yourself.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
I'm the best...ask anyone. Especially when I show up to raids drunk, which is pretty much every single raid. Time for a beer.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
04/27/2012 02:03 PMPosted by Ballidor
I'm the best...ask anyone. Especially when I show up to raids drunk, which is pretty much every single raid. Time for a beer.

Ballidor is my hero <3
Reply Quote
88 Worgen Death Knight
04/27/2012 02:22 PMPosted by Dargoxx

Ballidor is my hero <3
mmmmm beeer
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
1. Two raid weeks ago was Madness. Last raid week was Achieve+Heroic run (heroic on fights we could handle doing both the achieve and it heroic like ultra, not hagara). That was on Tuesday. On Thursday we full cleared Heroic FL and tried out some heroic rag attempts. Also spent some time screwing around with Sinestra. Got in maybe 5-6. Took Sunday off. This week Tues Morchok through Spine heroic. Tonight Madness. Probably taking Sunday off again.

Oh no, we must be baddies because we decided to take it easy and chill out after heroic DS instead of going back to last tier's content! Damn us for making different decisions!

I wasn't going to say you were a bunch of bads...but since you opened the door...I don't understand what you mean by attempts on heroic rag. I mean, I understand what the actual words mean, but I don't understand how with your current gear and assumed skill level, you only got more then 5 minutes into the fight...and just one time. Looking at the death reports, people are dying to lava waves, sons reaching the hammer, and random splash damage. The druid in the logs must be a surfer IRL. I could go on, but I'm sure you get the point.

I looked at your Sinestra attempts as well. I was not really surprised to see that wrack and shadow orbs were too much to handle since those are basically the only two mechanics of the fight that you can't straight up just outgear your way through. Dem mechanics will getcha. If only your raid had an ilvl of 60 greater then what was expected when the encounter was relevant instead of 30...then just maybe...nope, mechanics will still getcha.

4. Players value all sorts of random dumb stuff. Just because you are not insane about achievements does not mean someone else out there does not want to have his or her Heroic Madness achievement while the content was still relevant.

People that value raiding achievements while they are still relevant are called raiders. In most cases, they have enough pride to get them on their own with their own guild. They most likely don't pay the 3rd best guild on the server to help them get in 6 months faster so no one will care even less.

5. The achievement and title are pretty rare on Durotan right now. Your analogy fails because this thread is in no way aimed for people that are not thirsty. Nor is it aimed at people that are thirsty and poor.

Yes, I was amazed to see any guild had it tbh. I was happy to see Aesclipius and company doing so well. Anyhow, instead of using analogies that are apparently lost on you, let me be more direct: There are 2 things that you can get that are rare currently and require a decently skilled raid group to accomplish. The mount and the title. In 6 months one of those things will be free if you are bored and able to read trade chat, and the other will have a drop rate on par with Ashes of A'lar (read: impossible to get). Which do you think is worth 100k gold and which do you think is not?

6. Having a small chance of getting an extra 100k-200k gold was not worth the detriment of scaring away people who do not have enough gold. I felt like it was a good starting point. I have no idea what someone might pay for the achievement and title.

People will be scared away because they realize 2 things A) There is no chance that you can carry them smoothly (or otherwise) to a kill and B) This isn't worth doing because they can just Friday night pug it in November for nothing. If you want an idea for what these things cost, you can look around on servers where more successful guilds are selling it. If any even are. (By the way, that should also be a clue that this might beyond the scope of what you can do).

Keep in mind this was an experiment as we have never sold a carry of any kind before.

This statement was already understood.
Reply Quote
1. People were definitely playing bad for those attempts you looked up. The fights were short because 1. sons hit because people failed to understand how I wanted to set up the hammer phase and 2. Nobody had done the fight before and we had decided to try Rag on a whim so we were basically winging the strat and thus died a bunch of times to the seed guys- I did not even know they had damage increase based off of how many were in the area. So blame me I guess for not having everything prepared but I thought it would be fun to just gun it based off of random kill videos I had seen. So it was something like, ok the sons spawn differently, rag comes out at the end and you gotta handle meteor freezing, putting him in green thing when he is about to go wild, and a mage should go 'firefight'. No excuses for the surfers though.

4. You are generalizing again. This post was not aimed for the 99.9%. Just because you don't know someone of the grouping (rich enough | wants achievement now | etc.) does not mean that someone cannot exist. The original post here took a couple minutes to write, plus add the couple of seconds here and there for random whispers in game. So my utility cost was a few minutes of my time, and the expected value of the ordeal was 100k*p, with p being very very small, plus the added utility of having the fun of trying something new out, plus the added utility of having the possibility of having someone come in that is actually good enough and wants to join our raid group (smaller than p), plus the added utility of the possibility of someone whispering me "I'll fill in if you don't charge me if you don't find anyone for the deal" (happened), MINUS the utility of wasted time due to wipes or other crap by having a fill in.

So I am not sure what you are trying to prove with your comment on that. Are you trying to show that not a single WoW player in existence would have any interest in paying for the achieve and title? Because I think that is false, and I knew coming in that the probability of finding such a player was extraordinarily low, but putting up the advertisement had almost no cost to me.

One last point: you also make the assumption that an interested buyer must be a rational or fully informed actor. Hordes of people act irrationally or misinformed all the time. Funny example- I've had a buddy buy an enchant scroll off the AH at a cost astronomically higher than that to buy the mats. He was in no rush, and later went farming since he did not have that much gold, at a rate assuredly lower than the gold per minute saved cost of buying the enchant mats and having it made by one of the enchanters that was on in the guild at the time. Complained about having to farm too.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
04/27/2012 05:35 PMPosted by Infandus
1. People were definitely playing bad

Yes.

The fights were short because 1. sons hit because people failed to understand how I wanted to set up the hammer phase and 2. Nobody had done the fight before and we had decided to try Rag on a whim so we were basically winging the strat and thus died a bunch of times to the seed guys- I did not even know they had damage increase based off of how many were in the area. So blame me I guess for not having everything prepared but I thought it would be fun to just gun it based off of random kill videos I had seen. So it was something like, ok the sons spawn differently, rag comes out at the end and you gotta handle meteor freezing, putting him in green thing when he is about to go wild, and a mage should go 'firefight'. No excuses for the surfers though.

I looked up those fights because they were the most recent tries. Anyhow, I saw the sons causing wipes. This is a normal mode mechanic. Sure they have more hp, but I would assume that is a given since it's heroic. Also...lava waves claimed the lives of several. They were first deaths too, not just suicides on a wipe call. Anyhow...

4. You are generalizing again. This post was not aimed for the 99.9%. Just because you don't know someone of the grouping (rich enough | wants achievement now | etc.) does not mean that someone cannot exist. The original post here took a couple minutes to write, plus add the couple of seconds here and there for random whispers in game. So my utility cost was a few minutes of my time, and the expected value of the ordeal was 100k*p, with p being very very small, plus the added utility of having the fun of trying something new out, plus the added utility of having the possibility of having someone come in that is actually good enough and wants to join our raid group (smaller than p), plus the added utility of the possibility of someone whispering me "I'll fill in if you don't charge me if you don't find anyone for the deal" (happened), MINUS the utility of wasted time due to wipes or other crap by having a fill in.

I guess you're right, there is small possibility a crazy person with tons of gold exists on your server who was just refreshing the forums daily, waiting for this opportunity. I guess I can't make you understand why your proposition has almost no value save to a rich crazy person.

So I am not sure what you are trying to prove with your comment on that. Are you trying to show that not a single WoW player in existence would have any interest in paying for the achieve and title? Because I think that is false, and I knew coming in that the probability of finding such a player was extraordinarily low, but putting up the advertisement had almost no cost to me.

I'm not really trying to prove anything. When talking about WoW in it's entirety the sample size is too large to assume not one crazy person with wealth exists, but when you narrow it down to your server and faction, the sample size becomes more reasonable. I don't think anyone meets the criteria of which you seek. I realize it costs nothing but 1 minute to make a post, but why draw so much negative attention to yourself? From what I can tell you managed to piss off a rival guild, and that's about it. Maybe that doesn't matter to you. Idk and idc.

One last point: you also make the assumption that an interested buyer must be a rational or fully informed actor. Hordes of people act irrationally or misinformed all the time. Funny example- I've had a buddy buy an enchant scroll off the AH at a cost astronomically higher than that to buy the mats. He was in no rush, and later went farming since he did not have that much gold, at a rate assuredly lower than the gold per minute saved cost of buying the enchant mats and having it made by one of the enchanters that was on in the guild at the time. Complained about having to farm too.

I understand crazy people exist, but there are varying degrees of crazy. We sell Rag mounts each week. I think those people are crazy. But I understand why they are making this purchase. The value in the mount is that it will be very hard to acquire not too long from now and they have little to no way of getting it for themselves. It also counts towards some meta achievement or whatever. I don't think there is a similar thing with titles.

Anyhow, I just opened this thread because I remember you being an eager mage many years ago and I was curious to see what became of you. Also...is that hunter in your logs THE Gorkain?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]