All Major Hunt PvP Issues in MoP Super Thread

This is a thread of all of the MoP hunter issues that have been discussed over the past few days on these forums.

Many of you have seen how strongly I feel about these issues, and I will tell you the only reason I feel the way I do is because I love this game and the hunter class.

If these issues are not addressed, especially the first one listed, I may not be playing MoP.

No matter how much nice stuff we are getting, and we are receiving many pretty eye catching things, I cannot accept our class's skill cap and general design being changed in such a negative manner.

Reasoning behind these issues

These issues listed either
1. Create a lack of choice between possible options
2. Destroy main mechanics that define our class
3. Puts a class that already has horrible arena rep 2200+ in a bad position

Concussive Shot and Expertise
In MoP a baseline spell for PvP and kiting in general, concussive shot, is being taken out of the game.

To "replace it" in MoP they are making hunters take a MAJOR glyph to combine the unglyphed version of concussive shot that we have now with one of our most common spells, arcane shot.

This is a huge issue for PvP hunters and hunter kiting in general.

Also because our min range has been taken away hunters now need to have expertise.

Issues in bullet points

1. It costs 20 focus to put a slow on a target. If a hunter needs to slow a healer coming into a fear he needs to sacrifice potential damage done to the kill target.

2. Expertise prevents us from always getting slows since it is impossible to get expertise capped for PvP, which can totally screw us over.

3. Blizzard thinks we will love this because we will be able to put slows on multiple people at once but doesn't understand how hunter PvP works.Solution

Hunters got expertise from not having min range, and then the glyph so we could always still get slows out in pvp (concussive shot is now on a 6 second cd)

What needs to happen is for expertise to be taken away, and if min range being kept in is needed to keep "balance" then so be it.Level 75 Talents

These talents seriously lack any utility. Though they may be buffed in the future with damage I suggest that "A murder of crows" disarms the target. Stampede

The cooldown of this needs to be reduced to about 8min with a minor damage nerf.

When used in arena you should still be able to use all of your pets' moves but not more than 2 of the same moves.... for example 5 monkey blinds going out at the same time would be insane.

Glyphs

Glyph of Camo: needs to be buffed up to about 35% slow
This makes Camo pointless in combat. Someone would only need full stealth camo in combat to stop melee damage. A 50% slow makes it impossible to stop melee damage unless you disengage, but a hunter can avoid melee damage by disengaging and using normal Camo anyway.

Glyph of Icy Solace: Needs to be turned into glyph of scatter shot
For Hunters to land traps without a massive amount of skill...and luck we need to stun the target we are trapping. There is no point in having our traps take off DOTs when we will be unable to trap our target in the first place...because DOTs will break our stuns. Opposing players could also use traps to clear DOTs on themselves making the glyph completely counter productive
If they made the glyph, glyph of scatter shot, then we would be able to trap effectively without worry about DOTs.Making Certain Abilities Baseline

Silencing Shot: This ability needs to be something acquired through normal leveling and not a talent. It dominates its section of our talent tree and very few people will take anything else for PvE and PvP.
It could be replaced with a suggested knockdown trap/ability which slows the target.

Entrapment: This passive ability ,that is now specifically for survival hunters, is vital to make snake trap worth the time it takes to put it down. This is the case for both PvE and PvP, I bet alot of you remember how useful it was during the magmaw fight.Design Philosophy Issues

Right now Hunters are a very unique finesse based class. Much of our damage output and reduction is based off of good positioning and leading the target.

In MoP we are much more RNG based because of expertise and therefore have much less control. To combat this they have given us more heals so we are beefier.

In general blizzard intends for us to not have guaranteed control, like we do now, over our target.

This makes our class have a MUCH lower skill cap and floor, and as a result makes us much less enjoyable and viable in PvP.

Thanks for Reading

Thank you for reading, and if you feel as negatively about these issues as I do then please be as vocal, and mannered as possible.
TL;DR

Our design philosophy is being changed in a negative way IMO.
Edited by Darkråi on 4/21/2012 8:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter
D3 in less than a month!! WOOOOOOO
Reply Quote
04/21/2012 08:19 PMPosted by Hovercar
D3 in less than a month!! WOOOOOOO

Yeah...still can't replace WoW for me though v-v
Reply Quote
leh bump for hunters everywhere.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
I agree on pretty much every point.

Having shots get dodged is going to suck so bad, I would MUCH rather keep minimum range.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
I am supporting this 100%, good job dark!
Reply Quote
As i said before, i try to remain optimistic about what blizz is trying to do for hunters. And it looks pretty good, except for the complete reliance upon RNG, that is one thing i am not optimistic about, we have little dodge for it to be considered balanced as it is, and our kiting toolset is delicate at best and like you said dark, it takes some finesse to put it together and make it work right.

I play other classes to learn how they work, and they are okay.. But if blizz proves me wrong and my favorite class to play cant hit anything, cant keep people away, or becomes some gimmick designed around keyboard turning arcane spammers, and makes me lose duels all the time, and the only excuse being RNG, allowing others to troll me by assimilating RNG to skill, Silentârrøw will be deleted alongside my account with battle.net and i will eat my words.

I still have yet to form an educated opinion about it, thus i am not in the beta yet (i went for the opt-in, which means i might not get in until its actual release lol, blizz and its millions of subs have to come first i guess).

Really, no offense but, unless u have another hunter whos been lvl 85 for more than two months, your opinion dont count for much, so keep it to yerself !!!. Ive seen you posting all over the hunt forums , stating this and that, lets wait and see, im sure it will work out.... As far as im concerned take yer Silentarrow and boogie.....

As far as op states.. pretty much bang on !! Except i wanr conc back as was !!! (And ya can stuff stampede imo!! It's some kinda cutesy, kids will love it ,like a poke'pet battle gimmicky crap spell) No more spells dammit !! I wanna shoot stuff !!
Edited by Sreves on 4/22/2012 2:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Thanks for the nice responses ^_^
Reply Quote
04/22/2012 12:41 PMPosted by Tehstool
Really, no offense but, unless u have another hunter whos been lvl 85 for more than two months, your opinion dont count for much, so keep it to yerself !!!. Ive seen you posting all over the hunt forums , stating this and that, lets wait and see, im sure it will work out.... As far as im concerned take yer Silentarrow and boogie

lol he's now been 85 for over two months, can you give him his forum privileges back that you revoked from him earlier?

PEEZE?

Edit: i hit 85 a year and 2 days ago, is that around the time required as an 85 to be posting on the forums?
Just don't worry about this instead of the issue at hand.

How we look in MoP.
Reply Quote
Our shots are getting dodged left and right on beta. I think a rogue even dodged my TRAPS in a duel. This is so lame and makes hunter pvp so rng-dependent.

Sometimes I just wonder what Blizzard is thinking.
Edited by Kelleni on 4/22/2012 2:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Our shots are getting dodged left and right on beta. I think a rogue even dodged my TRAPS in a duel. This is so lame and makes hunter pvp so rng-dependent.

If you agree with this can you post it on the beta feedback forums for me?
Reply Quote

Really, no offense but, unless u have another hunter whos been lvl 85 for more than two months, your opinion dont count for much, so keep it to yerself !!!. Ive seen you posting all over the hunt forums , stating this and that, lets wait and see, im sure it will work out.... As far as im concerned take yer Silentarrow and boogie.....

As far as op states.. pretty much bang on !! Except i wanr conc back as was !!! (And ya can stuff stampede imo!! It's some kinda cutesy, kids will love it ,like a poke'pet battle gimmicky crap spell) No more spells dammit !! I wanna shoot stuff !!

Oh, so if i havent been subed since vanilla, and devoted most of my natural life to this game my opinion somehow counts less than yours? Get off your high horse bro, I know alot about my class because i took the time to research it, and apply it. You cant just sit there say you somehow have more right to express your opinion than i do, its shallow and narrow minded and downright disrespectful. It takes alot more than just any scrub to beat me 1vs 1 on my server, thanks to the help of zumio and a few kind players that helped me develop some strats.

basicly idgaf

Im going to keep giving my input whether you ike it or not, and if you dont, you can just take your lock alt and boogie.

and with this can we stop discrediting feedback based off of experience rather than explaining in detail how what they think is wrong?

kk thank ya
Reply Quote

Id be mad, but now that i have insane op heals i don't mind.

I can guarantee you that those heals wont make it live

No way in heck.

And even if they did supplement with OP heals...we would become more of a mindless class.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter

I can guarantee you that those heals wont make it live

No way in heck.

And even if they did supplement with OP heals...we would become more of a mindless class.

Yeah i know its going to get nerfed, but i can dream.

/eats popcorn and watches stool own
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]