All Major Hunt PvP Issues in MoP Super Thread

90 Troll Hunter
04/26/2012 05:36 PMPosted by Sevalle
making Silencing Shot a talent

wasn't it already a talent?

The whole dodge issue may work, but it would depend what happens when we get dodged, what can be dodged, and how long until its available again.

If that fails, Expertise -> Hit on a hunter baseline, IMO. I don't see a reason to not make hunters have a use for Expertise, personally.
Reply Quote
04/26/2012 06:11 PMPosted by Zulgaro
making Silencing Shot a talent

wasn't it already a talent?

The whole dodge issue may work, but it would depend what happens when we get dodged, what can be dodged, and how long until its available again.

If that fails, Expertise -> Hit on a hunter baseline, IMO. I don't see a reason to not make hunters have a use for Expertise, personally.

Yeah but many of us think it should be baseline since it is the only real viable pick for pvp right now.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Is that why you have 7% hit in PVP gear? Is that why you've never broken 1550 in any bracket? Is that why, instead of responding with legitimate arguments, you say "ur troll bro lolol im gud"? Even if I give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you reforged some hit for PVE... you certainly don't look like you know "plenty" about your class.

This argumentum ad hominem crap we can do without. When I read this kind of insulting nonsense I don't even care what side the current debate this poster represents, he simply loses credibility because he can't stay on point.

Present your positions, be factual, be passionate, relate your experiences and explain why you see the issue the way you do. But please stop the personal attacks.
Reply Quote
If anyone should be attacked for their ideas it should be me.

I made the thread about these ideas.

You all should critique them.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
@Darkrai, your ideas suck. Happy?

Wait, did you want an attack or a critique?

How about:

DARKRAI!!! Your ideas are bad!
And you should feel bad!
Reply Quote

How about:

And you should feel bad!

tell me why my ideas are bad and I will be happy ^_^
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter

How about:

And you should feel bad!

tell me why my ideas are bad and I will be happy ^_^

>.>
<.<

Scuttles away to safety!

(V) (;,,;) (V) woop woop woop woop woop woop!
Edited by Prieto on 4/26/2012 10:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Hunter
Right now we need someone to do a collection of issues that hunters currently have going into MoP and find a way to present it to Blizzard. Not that they'll read it anyway considering they don't even read the forums when it comes to hunter issues.

Good call, here's my list. Let me start by saying that I really believe that Blizzard has good intentions when trying to implement Hunter abilities. However, I think they some times fall short when it comes to seeing how those abilities often lack synergy and end up counteracting. Anyhow, in no particular order:

1. Dodge: I really don't like the MOP dodge mechanic, but I don't see any evidence of it going away. This gives two classes (rogues and druids) a very distinct advantage, and casters aren't affected in the same way. My thoughts are that concussive shot and scatter shot should get the same treatment as interrupts and be unable to miss. In saying this, I think that other classes abilities like throw down, and kidney shot should also not miss. I think that would be fair.

2. Conc. Shot Glyph: The current run speed glyph is extremely useful, and is a niche hunter ability in a field where hunters lack a real niche. In reverting back to concussive shot, I think it would be proper to re-implement the glyph.

3. Camo: I've poked about this topic in this thread all ready, but i'll lay it out again. In combat, I'll wager you'll almost always have a dot ticking on you which will knock you right out of camo. If you manage to avoid dots, the slow run speed will most often put you in a position to be aoe'd right back out. So what really is the point of the glyph? I do like the thought of starting out in camo to help set up an aimed chimera opener, but really, all of that can be done without the glyph.

I propose that the glyph gave us a dot wipe, which would give some players to use it in pve and give pvpers a much needed dot mitigation tool. Also, make the movement in camo baseline. I just have a hard time seeing how I can justify using this over others with the lack of real utility it brings in it's current form.

4. Explosive trap and black arrow: This is a case of bad synergy and abilities counteracting one another for SV hunters. SV hunters are basically out of luck for using the knock-back glyph if they're SV. Currently black arrow and exp trap are tied to the same cooldown, meaning if I use black arrow to try and trigger lock 'n load, I can't use exp trap. Conversely if i try to use exp trap for the knock back, I've basically blown my opportunity for LnL.
Exp trap and black arrow should be untied and LnL should only proc off of black arrow.

5. Dispel protection: This topic also revolves primarily around SV PVP. For an ability with a (newest information) 18 second cooldown, it seems a little harsh to have it arbitrarily dispelled without and repercussions. Especially when it triggers our burst. I would suggest that if it were dispelled, it would either reset the cooldown on black arrow, or instantly trigger lock and load, or stun the target for x amount. Something like that.

6. Glyph of icy solace: This glyph gives me hope in that it's an indication is listening to us. However, they picked the wrong ability to attach this glyph to. Again, for SV hunters, it appears that it will be important to not only apply black arrow, but also serpent sting, as it now provides additional focus. When scatter trapping, coupled with a long trap arming time, one errant dot tick will free your trap target, and leave behind a free dot wipe for your opponents. Just another prime example of how abilities counteract with one another. Simple fix though, have the glyph apply to scatter shot (as long as it doesn't miss ;).

7. Stampede: Essentially with five extra pets auto attacking, we would say that our pet gains 5x auto attack power for 10 seconds every 10 minutes, minus the additional pet travel time and buggy pathing of course. I don't think this ability warrants a level 87 ability. Unless I can kill command with all of the pets at the same time, I think this ability needs to just be scrapped. I know development can do better. Also, though it's not game breaking, it irritates me that my fancy new level 87 ability can't be used in the arena. I strongly encourage development to rethink this ability and come up with something that's not so lack luster.

8. Silencing shot: Make it baseline. All specs should have a ranged interrupt. It's silly not to.

9. Focus regeneration: I'm worried that we're going to be really focus starved in MOP when the 2 piece bonus goes away. I see that there are some abilities that are being implemented to help increase focus, but I worry that it will turn out to be some form of the t4 focus increase this season. I propose to just make the current 2 piece bonus baseline in MOP.

That's all I've got off the top of my head. Feel free to rip it apart in the name of good discussion.
Reply Quote
04/27/2012 12:20 PMPosted by Macobre
. Focus regeneration: I'm worried that we're going to be really focus starved in MOP when the 2 piece bonus goes away.

I honestly don't find the 2 piece bonus that useful. Sure, there are times I find myself focus starved, but it doesn't happen all the time. I agree they need to fix our focus regen, but there must be a better way than giving us twice the focus per cobra/steady shot.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Hunter
04/27/2012 12:38 PMPosted by Tacohandz
I honestly don't find the 2 piece bonus that useful. Sure, there are times I find myself focus starved, but it doesn't happen all the time. I agree they need to fix our focus regen, but there must be a better way than giving us twice the focus per cobra/steady shot.

I find it quite effective concerning the up time of my attacks. If I am focus negative with Chimera getting ready to come of CD, I can fire one two secondish long steady shot and have enough to fire my chim shot, as opposed to having to fire 2 steadys for that amount of focus. This is compounded further if your casting speed is slowed. I just find that the 2piece makes things much more fluid for me.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
04/27/2012 12:48 PMPosted by Macobre

I find it quite effective concerning the up time of my attacks. If I am focus negative with Chimera getting ready to come of CD, I can fire one two secondish long steady shot and have enough to fire my chim shot, as opposed to having to fire 2 steadys for that amount of focus. This is compounded further if your casting speed is slowed. I just find that the 2piece makes things much more fluid for me.

As Focus-starvation is primarily a PvP problem, I've been a supporter of moving this to the 4 PC PvP bonus. The 2 PC bonus removed any semblance of skill involved in Focus management form PvE by always giving you enough Focus to do whatever you need to do. That is what makes this a powerful bonus. As a 4 PC bonus, PvE Hunters will not seek the bonus because of the negative effects to DPS and PvP Hunters will feel rewarded for reaching that mark.

Of course, this will probably provide cause many to retain last season's 4 PC set until they acquire 4 pieces from the current season.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]