Just spent the weekend playing TERA..

04/27/2012 11:36 AMPosted by Bloodletters
Once I saw the flying pink panda in the prologue I knew this game wasn't for me.

Wait...there was a flying pink panda in the prologue? Totally don't remember that...

And I'm serious here, of all the things I remember seeing, a flying pink panda isn't one of them.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
04/27/2012 01:06 PMPosted by Doreid
Yeah, because there's no difference between a midget (i.e. gnomes) who is fully developed physically and a teenager who isn't. *headdesk*

Elin are taller and look just as old as a female gnome. Just sayin'.

*thumbs up* to western audiences. Keep it classy guys!

EDIT:
04/27/2012 01:21 PMPosted by Nyketa
And I'm serious here, of all the things I remember seeing, a flying pink panda isn't one of them.

^^that o.O
Edited by Arianenna on 4/27/2012 4:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Rogue
04/27/2012 03:29 PMPosted by Arianenna
Keep it classy guys!

I'd say the same to Eastern audiences.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
I totally agree with you. Definitely loved the game.

Only thing I'm wondering is how the endgame will be. It won't keep me interested for long with a poor endgame. I encourage everyone to at least give it a try though. Lots of fun
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
04/27/2012 01:21 PMPosted by Nyketa
Once I saw the flying pink panda in the prologue I knew this game wasn't for me.

Wait...there was a flying pink panda in the prologue? Totally don't remember that...

Yeah, there was. To be fair, the panda was on a flying mount but still he was flying, talking, and one big pink panda.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
04/27/2012 03:29 PMPosted by Arianenna
Elin are taller and look just as old as a female gnome. Just sayin'.

Not true. Female gnomes have a bustline, hips, and a mature face.

The Elin do not.

Wow's female gnomes don't look any more child-like than the males do. The Elin, however, are very child-like not only in their figure, but also in their faces and in their body proportions--like most children, their heads are slightly larger in proportion to the rest of their body.

The Elin are designed to be child-like, not only their bodies, but also in their gestures and mannerisms. Add to it their dress-- Yes, it's been toned down for the Western audience, and yes you really don't notice the players' Elin characters. But I very much noticed the NPCs I interacted with. One in particular I remember wearing anklet socks with high heel shoes, gloves, and a vest/dress that showed her black panties. It was a pedo-fetish's wet dream.
Edited by Ryaskybird on 4/27/2012 5:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/27/2012 04:57 PMPosted by Bloodletters

Yeah, there was. To be fair, the panda was on a flying mount but still he was flying, talking, and one big pink panda.

The fuzzy guy seen here? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCUR1OJte8E&feature=player_detailpage#t=940s

That was a Popori, who are anything but big and definitely not pink. The one in the prologue had light brown fur. The lighting does give a pink tint to the character though.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior

The fuzzy guy seen here? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCUR1OJte8E&feature=player_detailpage#t=940s

That was a Popori, who are anything but big and definitely not pink. The one in the prologue had light brown fur. The lighting does give a pink tint to the character though.

Let's not get all semantic on the whole thing, my statement was mostly a joke. Anyway that dialogue/voice acting, and the music and bright colors was enough on its own. The pink panda or Popori was icing on the cake.
Reply Quote

Let's not get all semantic on the whole thing, my statement was mostly a joke. Anyway that dialogue/voice acting, and the music and bright colors was enough on its own. The pink panda or Popori was icing on the cake.

Fair enough, lol.

There are definitely a lot of areas that aren't quite so...bright...but I hear ya. It's not an aesthetic that everyone will like, though for those of us that do not every area is quite so...pastel paradise. From what I've seen the different areas are pretty diverse.
Edited by Nyketa on 4/27/2012 7:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Pink gear, you say?

http://i.imgur.com/pnt8V.jpg

Armor dyes, #1 gold sink for me.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
04/26/2012 09:13 AMPosted by Fandil
It's still Korean, and will never be truly accepted by Western MMO players. Aion is a perfect example of this. It's by all accounts an amazing game by Korean standards, but US/EU players just have a different idea of what they're looking for in an MMO.

AION felt pretty stale from the start to be honest. Though I do have to admit the 'grind' in lots of these newer games are NOTHING compared to games with ungodly amounts of grinding needed to level.. such as rateless Ragnarok Online, Flyff and dare I say.. MapleStory.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
It's a pedo training game, but it's not fun either, I got to level 9 and said nope.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
can't get into the art style.

the second I saw the Elin, I closed down the youtube video I was watching.

Sorry guys :(
Reply Quote
ITT: Players that can't handle games because of 5% of the content.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
04/28/2012 03:17 PMPosted by Nyketa
ITT: Players that can't handle games because of 5% of the content.

I will not play Tera because I don't like how they handled their storytelling. As I said in another thread, the quests are dull, the lore muddied, the translations mediocre and damn near silly at times.

However, speaking as someone who used to work with adult victims of childhood sexual abuse, that 5% of the game is a pretty big freaking deal.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Rogue
04/28/2012 09:51 PMPosted by Destian
Tacky, to say the least...

You're the one playing a game for pedos.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
04/28/2012 09:51 PMPosted by Destian
I will not play Tera because I don't like how they handled their storytelling. As I said in another thread, the quests are dull, the lore muddied, the translations mediocre and damn near silly at times.

I don't think I've seen any evidence that you've played enough (or at all) to see anywhere NEAR enough of the plot to make that kind of judgment call. I've also never seen any of these translation issues you keep on about...

Don't even get me started on what a silly pile of crap WoW's "storyline" is...

Lol, believe what you will. But I had reached level 26 on my Castanic warrior. I also tried an Aman berserker, an Aman sorcerer, and a human archer, though I didn't get any of them past level 10. Plenty of playing time to judge the quality of the PvE.

However, speaking as someone who used to work with adult victims of childhood sexual abuse, that 5% of the game is a pretty big freaking deal.

Did you actually just say something this colossally ignorant?

Elin no more encourage sex crimes against children than worgen encourage sex crimes against animals.

And seriously, using alarmist BS like this in a argument about MMOs? Tacky, to say the least...

Worgens (and taurens) are humanoids. They walk upright, speak, have a complex and rich culture, and do all the things that sentient beings do. They are no more animals (or are as much an animal, depending on your point of view) than humans are.

Elin, on the other hand, are drawn as pre-teen children and are presented in such a way that sexualizes them. If you can't see how very inappropriate it is to depict what is, in essence, an 8-10 year old as a fully mature sexual being, regardless of the medium, then I don't know what to tell you.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]