Raid Finder

100 Troll Mage
04/26/2012 09:10 AMPosted by Helagoth
He didn't say this, he just said it would say the names, but it makes no mention of not starting.

reread his last paragraph. He wants a way to stop people from starting encounters, and a way to know who is clicking "no" so they can be booted.

Yes exactly, except i am interpreting the way to stop people from starting encounters as you know who started it so if people aren't ready then you can kick that person for not wiping.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Warrior
04/26/2012 08:45 AMPosted by Hiroran
Just because a few peole say they aren't ready doesn't mean much. There is a chat function that allows you to explain yourself.

You're naive or trolling, and I always give the benefit of the doubt on these forums since I think Waste isn't actually a troll.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
04/26/2012 05:16 AMPosted by Janaire
Those players who usually start the encounter? They'll turn into the players who always click no.

Require just a majority to click yes, and they won't be a problem.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Warrior
04/26/2012 10:12 AMPosted by Kathuckae
Those players who usually start the encounter? They'll turn into the players who always click no.

13 people will click yes to anything without looking.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
04/26/2012 10:14 AMPosted by Asane

True...but they won't do it twice if they wipe the first time, especially if the ready check says something about there not being enough players.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
04/26/2012 10:10 AMPosted by Asane
Just because a few peole say they aren't ready doesn't mean much. There is a chat function that allows you to explain yourself.

You're naive or trolling, and I always give the benefit of the doubt on these forums since I think Waste isn't actually a troll.

I am not naive nor am I trolling. If the group doesn't wipe people rarely get kicked, when people do wipe they tend to actually buckle down and attempt to fix the problem. Is the the idea perfect? No. Is it an improvement imo? yes.

Based on my experience in lfr from 5 characters almost every week since its release I think it will be a great idea.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
OMG WE WIPED, KICK STUPIDHEAD FOR STARTING IT, EVERYONE CLICKS YES ANYWAYS

Edit: a solution to all of this would even be to forbid the start of the encounter without everyone in the instance and phased into the proper area. A lot harder to design than a simple "Hey, %T (or whatever an NPC needs) says you're all ready, so here we go!"

Zone out to grief, don't even need to leave trade trolling.

There's already a system in place that makes you the equivalent of afk if you're not in the instance.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
I disagree, computer-based self-checkout at grocery stories has solved my problem with having to be social to buy groceries.

"good afternoon" and "thanks, have a nice day" are now being social.

the inaccuracies and slow pace of the self-checkout lines has pushed me to go back to using the regular lines because they are faster and easier.

Until you get stuck behind the old lady counting out pennies to pay with.
hai Tsilyi
Edited by Gorno on 4/26/2012 8:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Stupidhead - Stupidserver wants to begin [Madness of Deathwing (25 - Raid Finder)]. Are you ready to continue?

[ Yes ] [ No ]

(2) players are not ready:
Grieferbutt - Stupidserver
Griefybutt - Stupidserver

-------------------------------

I really don't need/want anything super elegant, just a way to stop people from ninja-starting scripted encounters while tanks or healers are offline/being replaced and a list of people that are declining so griefers attempting to abuse the check on buttheads can be kicked.

You realize.. people are going to sit there and Intentionally NOT hit the button right to grief?

what are you going to do about them.. Kick them.. ok that's good.. Now.. They are kick immune.. now what?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
04/26/2012 10:14 AMPosted by Asane

13 people in wow would jump off a cliff irl if you told them there was epics at the bottom for them.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]