Is there a time gap between Cata and MoP?

90 Blood Elf Rogue
That's it? I've heard people say it was years...
Reply Quote
91 Draenei Death Knight
No one has given conclusive evidence of any time gap at all between Wrath and Cata. Issues like "Well Ogrimmar had to be rebuilt!" can quite easily be explained with "Blizz is not going to phase that work in over a span of months." And things like "But Anduin got older!" are answered by "He's been getting older all along. Blizz isn't going to update him once a year." And so on. No one has given any evidence of a "time skip" in lore that isn't easily answered with game development dynamics.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
04/29/2012 09:44 PMPosted by Valdiis
No one has given conclusive evidence of any time gap at all between Wrath and Cata. Issues like "Well Ogrimmar had to be rebuilt!" can quite easily be explained with "Blizz is not going to phase that work in over a span of months." And things like "But Anduin got older!" are answered by "He's been getting older all along. Blizz isn't going to update him once a year." And so on. No one has given any evidence of a "time skip" in lore that isn't easily answered with game development dynamics.

I think Blizz's excuse for Orgrimmar rebuilt/Stormwind expanded was "it happened while you were in Northrend"
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
04/29/2012 09:44 PMPosted by Valdiis

Very good points there. I've just been wondering since Blizz doesn't like to give definite answers.
Reply Quote
80 Human Paladin
Any "time lapse" between expansions in terms of official timeline progression is easily dealt with by pointing out that each expansion is only supposed to occupy a year's worth of narrative; yet our characters, by virtue of being played in real time, experience two or more.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Orcs went to sleep one night and Thrall was there.

The next morning, their life got turned upside down.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter

To be fair, he did hand leadership of the Horde over to Garrosh in-game.

...several times.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Warrior
04/29/2012 08:05 PMPosted by Mirrath
I could've sworn seeing somewhere that, after we boarded Deathwing and brought him down, the Skyfire crashed into Pandaria.

But that makes no sense

Pandaria, as far as I know, is the 'southern continent' that nobody's seen until now

Deathwing could never have gotten anywhere near there, since his flight began in Northrend
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
Orgrimmar was actually already being built with metal before the Cataclysm, Cairne notes how everything looked different with the metal.

But that makes no sense

Pandaria, as far as I know, is the 'southern continent' that nobody's seen until now

Deathwing could never have gotten anywhere near there, since his flight began in Northrend

The Wandering Isle isn't part of Pandaria though, it left there thousands of years ago and wanders the world.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Warrior
04/29/2012 10:33 PMPosted by Vicara
The Wandering Isle isn't part of Pandaria though, it left there thousands of years ago and wanders the world.

... I'm literally not talking about The Wandering Isle. I never once mentioned it in my post. D:

As far as I knew, the actual Pandaria continent is far south. :T
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Warrior
04/29/2012 10:58 PMPosted by Avaruu
The Skyfire didn't crash into Pandaria. It crashed into the Isle. So it doesn't matter where Pandaria is.

ohhh

that makes sense.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock

To be fair, he did hand leadership of the Horde over to Garrosh in-game.

...several times.

He whistled for a wyvern when he left.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]