How in the world do you find people?

85 Human Warlock
You have to work your way up. Just like everyone else..

If you have no achievs, play with other people without them. If you're actually a 2200 player like everyone thinks they are, you should be able to get randoms to 1550.

Once you play with your team to some kind of wall, find new people at the wall and find your next wall.
Rinse and repeat.

Eventually you'll get high enough to get good players for teammates or you'll find people you work well with. As long as your realm has them at least, which iirc you're on Illidan so you should be fine.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Warrior
You have to work your way up. Just like everyone else..

If you have no achievs, play with other people without them. If you're actually a 2200 player like everyone thinks they are, you should be able to get randoms to 1550.

Once you play with your team to some kind of wall, find new people at the wall and find your next wall.
Rinse and repeat.

Eventually you'll get high enough to get good players for teammates or you'll find people you work well with. As long as your realm has them at least, which iirc you're on Illidan so you should be fine.

I like how you suggest you should repeatedly dump partners when the going gets tough.

Don't forget the negative comments about your former partners' foibles in trade chat! Makes everyone forget the drudgery for a little while.

@op - you think you got problems? Try playing a joke class like mine.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Warrior
Also Blae is correct, I didn't mean to suggest otherwise with my sarcasm, it's the only way to advance.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
If you all got your achievs together I don't really think it's dumping them.

But if you don't feel like you and your teammates have synergy going on and you don't feel comfortable with them there's not all that much reason to keep playing.

If the very first people you play with mesh well with you, stay with them, more power to you. But that usually isn't the case.

Team hopping is pretty much the standard.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
In wotlk i just grind away at the rating until i got to a decent benchmark. Other than that i just played enough to sort of get my name out.

I usually have 1 or 2 people trying to get me to play with them at any given time. Get people to know you and try not being a jerk and people will wanna play with you.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
Wow... Out of an entire thread, less than a handful of non-trolling responses that actually contain information... And they say Blizzard is killing this game...

Anyway, I appreciate the real responses that I've gotten. I had no intentions of not earning my ratings, my only difficulty is finding competent players that can share the same goal. I've learned my class (not mastered) to a competitive level, I have my arena 123 macros for targeting, fearing, spell locking, and death coils and use them every time I play. I feel as if I can play to a good level, but as people here have said, I get caught up with people who seem to have no goal to progress. I kid you not, I played 2's with a sub rogue on my frost mage that swore up and down to me that Tricks didn't boost my damage, only transferred threat.

Ticatwo, the whole "not being a jerk" thing is already well taken care of, my only true issue appears to be networking.

Lifecoach, I've tried playing in low MMR rbg's, and no matter what group I get into, the players that form viable comps with me only play like mid-fighting WSG heros, or have no intention of doing any serious 3v3.

I suppose I'll keep trying, but my previous statement still stands. Any people that would like to form a serious team, or any higher rated players that would like to play with a low rated guy to pass off some experience/knowledge and help improve rating, please contact me.

Wonder how many more trolls will manifest themselves....
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]