most complex healer?

100 Blood Elf Priest
05/01/2012 11:14 AMPosted by Jarshie
(altough aoe healing, was a bit of a pita even with hots going on everyone)

The AoE's pretty easy and OP. Jab Jab Uplift, Jab Expel Harm Uplift, Jab Jab Uplift.

Need more? Jab Jab Uplift Expel Harm Thundersomething Tea Uplift.

Even that not enough? Jab Jab Uplift Jab Expel Harm Zen Sphere Zen Sphere Jab Jab Uplift.

Now, the single-target? That's what sucks. The real art seems to be avoiding using single-target abilities at all costs. Faceroll the AoEs hard enough to keep the tank topped off, no matter how much you're overhealing the group. If you have to stop and single-target, you'll fall behind on Chi and your hots will fall off and on top of that you'll burn half your mana bar trying to accomplish anything.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
(altough aoe healing, was a bit of a pita even with hots going on everyone)

The AoE's pretty easy and OP. Jab Jab Uplift, Jab Expel Harm Uplift, Jab Jab Uplift.

Need more? Jab Jab Uplift Expel Harm Thundersomething Tea Uplift.

Even that not enough? Jab Jab Uplift Jab Expel Harm Zen Sphere Zen Sphere Jab Jab Uplift.

Now, the single-target? That's what sucks. The real art seems to be avoiding using single-target abilities at all costs. Faceroll the AoEs hard enough to keep the tank topped off, no matter how much you're overhealing the group. If you have to stop and single-target, you'll fall behind on Chi and your hots will fall off and on top of that you'll burn half your mana bar trying to accomplish anything.

jab? did i miss a spell or is that a attack? cuz i dont think ive heard that (although it has been a few days since ive played and dont have down the names all too well)
Edited by Jarshie on 5/1/2012 12:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
It's an attack. It's melee, spammable, fairly cheap and generates 1 Chi.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
05/01/2012 01:04 PMPosted by Kaels
It's an attack. It's melee, spammable, fairly cheap and generates 1 Chi.

zomg did not think about that... -_- ty
Reply Quote
28 Dwarf Paladin
I hate jab, you never have to use it to heal as a mistweaver if you don't want to. I've tried it both ways. I prefer to not melee at all and just keep expel harm on cd and use lightning/mists a lot.

It's less reliable than jab chi generation wise, but lightning will do more healing than jab for less mana. If they change it so mists/lightning have a 100% chance to generate chi but add an ICD it will make them more reliable. Sometimes you get no chi in a full channel, sometimes you get several.

I hope they make ranged chi generation more reliable soon, the changes in the last build push monks back towards prefering melee. I'm not sure if the AP from int thing actually works yet, I know I don't jab for much compared to lightning ticks.

Edit: According to numerous people in the beta forums the AP from int isn't working, so I wouldn't melee much as a mistweaver atm.
Edited by Parsnip on 5/1/2012 7:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
FFS
AA/A disc priest IMO.
Reply Quote
86 Goblin Shaman
In regards to wow, a "complex" healer would be one with the largest variety of tools at their disposal.

Priest
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
I would go with priests, with disc edging out holy. I'm no expert but I've played all 5 healing specs at least through raid finder DS. Priests just have a very large toolbox to work with and even have 2 separate dispels compared to all other healers' 1. Holy has more of a mana management side to it while disc is more CD oriented. Disc has to watch penance, rapture, holy fire (if attonement), PoM, and their other situational CDs. Holy is more mana oriented but they still have PoM, circle of healing, chakra/holy words (especially placement of sanctuary) and their situational CDs. Prayer of healing is a little different to get used to being group based and don't forget renew on tanks.

I would say the other three are pretty well matched with difficulty/complexity. Druids have wild growth, harmony, LB on tanks, various raid hotting and efflorescence placement, and their HoT style can take a little adjustment if coming from a pally. Shamans have totems, healing rain placement, earth shield/riptide management, water shield management, and, most annoying of all, chain healing the right person. There's always that hunter outside the group who is low on health because he's not grouped up but if you chain heal him it won't jump at all.

As for pallies they have holy power to watch, judgement (which is substantially easier now), holy shock, holy radiance placement, beacon of light (which is quite easy), and they also have a higher mana cost for all their spells. All the other healers still have their regular CDs with pallies having one or two more, and, of course, mana management. So if I had to order them I would go Disc, Holy priest, resto druid, holly pally, resto shaman. The last three are very close though and in the end it's all a matter of opinion.
Edited by Állerro on 5/2/2012 6:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
In regards to wow, a "complex" healer would be one with the largest variety of tools at their disposal.

Priest

Yeah, what this guy said. I was going to post this earlier today, but I had class/errands. People are confusing "complex" with "difficult". Some people find the number of spells a priest has in its arsenal difficult to manage, others find classes with very few used spells to be difficult due to lack of utility.
Reply Quote
62 Night Elf Druid
Priest, druid and paladin player here. I always get tripped on my priest for some reason. Maybe druid is normal for me because I have like 3 of them.

Should prob say I play Disc priest mainly. Haven't played much Holy.
Edited by Lux on 5/2/2012 10:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
Paladins are the most complicated and refined. Skill cap is over 9000.
Edited by Eväyle on 5/2/2012 10:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
HC

Priest

I don't see number of buttons adding to complexity, I think usage and how much awareness in terms of abilities has more to do with complex than anything else. I all healers to be equally easy to play, and all healers have the same level of awareness. So to me all healers are equal because no healer is harder than the other(Nothing about a class is hard, it's the awareness that comes with it and they all have to be aware.)
Edited by Sensations on 5/2/2012 10:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
66 Orc Shaman
in dungeons i just tell everyone group up and spam chain heal all the way through..
Reply Quote
I've got them all and for me druid is the most intuitive and priest probably the one I have to think about the most. My shaman I'm starting to just not like at all (which is sad it's the last one I leveled and really thought I was going to like it) I wouldn't say it's the most difficult, just the most annoying.

Telluric currents is for the birds...
Edited by Feyranna on 5/3/2012 12:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
When I first hit 85 on my disc priest: OMG....there's too many spells!!! I eventually figured it out but I still find her difficult at times.
Reply Quote
druid

Disc is easy

PWS / POH / POM

Everything else is just a bonus.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I've played holy/disc priest and resto druid.

Disc is simplest for me; bubbles along with nice burst healing makes for very few tense moments. Evangelism is fun, but for me it's still a boring class/spec.

Holy brings awesome AoE heals, but I only use it if we need more AoE heals or there's an AOE intensive boss coming up.

Resto druids seem the most complicated, imho. There's only a handful of CDs to keep up with, but I have almost not burst heals, unless I want to drain my mana pool too fast. Managing all my HoTs is like managing lots of mini-CDs, and I feel really engaged in any kind of fight.

But yeah, these are just my opinions based on my own playstyle. All classes bring unique, fun, and complex game-play to the table.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
DRUIDS = SO EASY

im sorry but the people are saying druids are hard please learn the class cause really you only hit 4 buttons over and over unless something goes really bad

just saying put ur druid in 10man raid and be damn this stuff so easy and #1 healing unless u got a pally in your group :/
Edited by Nillie on 5/3/2012 10:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
92 Night Elf Priest
people keep saying disc priest but idk, i always been good with the D priest. tryed healing on a druid and dam, talk about horrible. maybe im just use to when i go to heal the health bar fulls up right then and there, not 30 secs later. and besides, bubbles for everyone!
Edited by Konokachan on 5/3/2012 4:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]