25m to 10m conversion

85 Night Elf Druid
Hello all,
we're thinking about combining some of our 10m groups to a 25m (heroic modes). We were thinking of doing something like 25m's on tuesday thursday, but someone brought up maybe doing 25m heroics on tuesday, and then breaking into a 10m on thursdays to finish things up. Is this still possible? I remember doing it in ICC days, but wasn't sure if you could split down the 25m into 10m's on heroics in this day and age. Any help on this would be appreciated.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Hello all,
we're thinking about combining some of our 10m groups to a 25m (heroic modes). We were thinking of doing something like 25m's on tuesday thursday, but someone brought up maybe doing 25m heroics on tuesday, and then breaking into a 10m on thursdays to finish things up. Is this still possible? I remember doing it in ICC days, but wasn't sure if you could split down the 25m into 10m's on heroics in this day and age. Any help on this would be appreciated.

Not possible. You can finish up on normal 10 man but once you pull a boss on 25 heroic you are locked into the size for all heroic attempts that week.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Blah, thanks ninja, not what i was hoping for but that's what I thought.

One additional note:
We're like 2 achievement's away form the meta, if we do, say Ultraxion on normal mode but all ther est on heroic, can we still do heroic DW?
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
05/02/2012 07:14 AMPosted by Kieble
We're like 2 achievement's away form the meta, if we do, say Ultraxion on normal mode but all ther est on heroic, can we still do heroic DW?

No. You need to do 6/8 H to unlock Heroic spine and you need to kill Heroic spine to unlock Heroic Madness.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
05/02/2012 07:14 AMPosted by Kieble

no, madness requires all 7 be done on heroic
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Thanks everyone for the quick responses! Double blah, as both things weren't as I was hoping, but again thank you very much.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
It is not possible to drop a 25m heroic to a 10m heroic raid. Blizzard has never provided an explanation for why this is not possible, but I can only assume it was done intentionally to punish 25m guilds and make them break up faster.

/sarcasm, sort of... actually maybe not.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
05/02/2012 07:17 AMPosted by Billeemaze

no, madness requires all 7 be done on heroic

i heard this is false, up to hagara can be normal if you want.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
They don't want guilds doing 25 mans for all farm heroics to gear up a ten man elite team faster for realm/us/world first progression when other guilds may not have access to 25 raiders (remember the whole goal of blizzard was to allow people do 10 mans with no consequence right?)

Not saying it's right, just saying one of the rationales.

OP:

If you've killed heroic madness, have a normals night to make a mockery of the instance and finish your meta would be my recommendation. It'll give your guild a week to relax and it's not like there won't be months of killing heroics left until Mists.
Edited by Kelras on 5/8/2012 8:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
The most important thing in WoW is your group.
What's most important to your group? Mounts/Titles/achievements or Gear?

Hopefully the group you run with understands the importance of things that last. Gear will be there next week... and replaced in a couple of months. Those mounts will last forever :D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]