MoP Pet Battle System is Complete Overkill?

90 Tauren Death Knight
You gotta problem with Pokemon?
04/26/2012 11:09 AMPosted by Mursh

Are you sure?

Source.
I dont think you want to see the source where these numbers are comming from.

hehehe The joke is it's her !@#.
90 Human Warrior
If it means Blizzard can stop designing raids around people who don't enjoy raiding I'm all for it.

Having raids be your only content at 85 (other than dailies and Archaeology, eugh) was absolutely terrible for everyone. Those that enjoy raiding got watered down garbage, and those that don't enjoy raiding, aren't going to enjoy it regardless.
90 Tauren Druid
I am looking forward to the battle system.

I'm also glad it didn't go the way of the dance studio.
90 Pandaren Priest
I'm sure if you ask nicely, Blizzard will stop designing a game that 10 million people can enjoy and design one just for you <3
85 Night Elf Warrior
You want to know the saddest part?

It still isn't as deep, mechanic wise, as Pokemon. Even with all the work Blizz is doing.

If they add IVs, Natures, EVs, and the like, though, I shall worry. Because, then, it WILL be Pokemon.
20 Orc Warlock
04/26/2012 12:32 AMPosted by Kaletha
Your post is uninformed, and invalid.

Hi, I'm the Internet. Have we met?
84 Human Death Knight

It still isn't as deep, mechanic wise, as Pokemon. Even with all the work Blizz is doing.

If they add IVs, Natures, EVs, and the like, though, I shall worry. Because, then, it WILL be Pokemon.

On the other hand, it'd be the closest thing we'd have to an actual Pokemon MMO.

Madre de dios...
85 Human Death Knight
EVERYONE HATES CHANGE, once people accept it we will move on to other things
94 Orc Warrior

They should throw in some Shin Megami Tensei-style monster fusion, too.
94 Orc Warrior
04/26/2012 08:50 PMPosted by Adelaide
I'd quit WoW to play a pokemon MMO.

I want an SMT MMO that's not outsourced to Cave... :(
100 Undead Warlock
For years and years and years people asked to be able to "Change color of armor or Change look of armor" Where are you getting your facts?
90 Night Elf Druid
There's nothing wrong with it. It's a fun, OPTIONAL addition to the game.
10 Human Paladin
Like Gary always says " Yeah, whatever"

I beta tested the pet battles for the short time they were up and its a worthy feature that will be superior to your dance studio you want so bad.
90 Draenei Shaman
Also Monster Rancher.

:3

I miss Monster Rancher. The anime was actually better in many respect to pokemon.

Look we can argue all we like about whether they should or should not add a feature. Really no matter how much you complain its going to be a feature of WoW.

Saying that this new feature is somehow taking resources from PvP or PvE is a pretty big stretch considering we are getting about the same number of raids and heroics and BG zones as Cata provided.
Edited by Zerde on 4/26/2012 10:28 PM PDT
85 Human Mage
04/27/2012 12:18 AMPosted by Dntgnkme
I don't know why you think Blizzard has an unlimited budget for every expansion. They don't.
And I don't know where you are getting all these numbers on how much they spent, or how many man hours it took.

That being said, I have played this game for four years. People have always wanted something to do with their vanity pets, or after their dailies/raids are done. Looks like Blizzard once again listened to their player base and killed two birds with one stone. Something to do with vanity pets and more options of things to do at max level.

I love going on a good dungeon crawl just as must as the next guy. But after what has it been now,..4 months of HoT heroics, and over a year of the other heroics. Heck, I am not even a freaking Pokemon fan as I thought it was silly when I was in my late teens when it hit big. But heck, I'd even give it a go to see what is up with it.

And If I don't like it, then I can do with it as I have done with so many aspects this and other MMO's I have played and not participate in that one aspect of the game.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]