Blizzard - Will you ever consider...?

90 Goblin Death Knight
...adding discontinued profession recipes to the profession trainers?

I've just spent the last few hours of my game time killing murlocs in Hillsbrad and highborne spirits in Winterspring for two enchanting recipes with no luck in a drop. I'm assuming the Formula: Enchant Gloves - Fishing and Formula: Enchant Weapon - Icy Chill no longer drop, among other recipes like Formula: Enchant Gloves - Mining.

Needless to say, I'm pretty disappointed. I'm a person who takes his professions pretty seriously. Lately I've been spending hours of my game time farming these old-world places for jewelcrafting and enchanting recipes, just to be able to say to people one day "I have every recipe in the game". I'm disappointed that as a result of the game mechanics, I will never be able to do that.

Blizzard, would you ever consider bringing these recipes back for avid collectors like me?
Reply Quote
27 Gnome Rogue
From what I'm seeing Formula: Enchant Gloves - Fishing still drops from a rare in the area. The other two were lost in the Cataclysm. It's possible for them to return.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
Lots of recipes were removed from the game. I also think that provides a great reason to no longer want them.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
I could have sworn at the start of Cata, that scribes would be getting the ability to randomly create lost patterns such as those removed from the game or only learned from quests (and were hence lost after the profession was dropped).
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
Now that is a cool idea!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
I think this would be a great feature to add to archaeology. Put lost recipes in lootable artifacts (like Canopic Jar). Keep them rare, but at least make them available somehow.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
Archaeology and Inscription are both fine ways. Just add them in somehow, please Blizzard?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
They either will, or they won't.

Its been requested, in every possible way, thousands of times, since Cata came out.

Requesting it more is moot.

They know which recipes are missing.

They will either put them in or they won't.

They don't need ideas on how to do it, they'd simply do it if they wanted to do it.

I've seen the "scribes" idea, hundreds of times.

Recently, in another thread, I saw an idea that archaeologists could do it (like "digging up" the lost recipes.) This really made even less sense, again they'd simply put it in if they wanted to put it in.

They'd be unlikely to put them back in with a tradeskill method, since that gives one tradeskill a thing to sell at inflated prices. They'd just put them back in the game, if they were going to, on some vendors.

This is a known suggestion, often repeat suggested, Dead Issue.
Edited by Kybeorie on 4/27/2012 7:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest

The squeaky wheel gets the grease. What's the harm in someone asking again?

You may have seen it dozens of times, but until Blizzard gives a firm position and statement about it, people will still talk about it. (And I suspect even with a Blizzard response, people will still discuss this issue.) Perhaps, if enough people are interested in old patterns, Blizzard will bring them back.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight

The squeaky wheel gets the grease. What's the harm in someone asking again?

You may have seen it dozens of times, but until Blizzard gives a firm position and statement about it, people will still talk about it. (And I suspect even with a Blizzard response, people will still discuss this issue.) Perhaps, if enough people are interested in old patterns, Blizzard will bring them back.

This is what I'm hoping for. It looks like a good amount of people want them back on this forum, so as long as we keep pushing the issue then hopefully it will get resolved.
Reply Quote
70 Human Rogue
with all the work that went into re mapping the world and sorting out what stays and goes and all the new quests that had to be written in to existing lore not to mention all the fixes of the cataclysm. some aspects of this game were deemed low in priority to what was deemed neccesary content...and some stuff just had to go. thats why i think the proffesions and lack of any real effort to add any meaningful content was a matter of not having the resorces and time to give us content that would keep us busy long after the endgame. nothing cool at all or appealing besides alchemies vial of sands and the fortune cards. with mists around the corner...one can only hope that the proffesions get everything and more when it comes to blizzards time and resorces. put a whole team of monkies cough cough"developers" on proffesions. did path of the titans and the time spent on it take away developing the proffesions and their secondaries? hmmm..i wonder. path of the titans sounded soo good at the time..too bad that never developed. =/
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Both the Fishing and Icy Chill enchants drop, they're just really f'ing rare. A number of enchants are like that (shield - lesser parry, and chest - greater stats come to mind). Where those are concerned, I'd be glad that they drop from specific mobs

Honestly, with the time you'd spend farming for it, I think you'd have better luck just farming gold and buying them on the AH.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
Both the Fishing and Icy Chill enchants drop, they're just really f'ing rare. A number of enchants are like that (shield - lesser parry, and chest - greater stats come to mind). Where those are concerned, I'd be glad that they drop from specific mobs

Honestly, with the time you'd spend farming for it, I think you'd have better luck just farming gold and buying them on the AH.

True. There are some that genuinely no longer exist though, like the Mining one.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
This is true.

And, amusingly enough, I just bought an Icy Chill Formula for 3500g today.

Relisting that sucker.
Reply Quote
04/27/2012 12:00 PMPosted by Tadkins
Archaeology and Inscription are both fine ways. Just add them in somehow, please Blizzard?

They're never going to do either one of those because that would require effort on their part. More specifically, someone would have to pay attention to professions outside of the 3 week window before an expansion drops. And they really don't like to do that.
Reply Quote

I wouldn't say it's a dead issue. Some things like group D/E in dungeons, Blizzard has actually mentioned. As far as I know not a single blue name has ever mentioned these specific issues in regard to professions because it is very difficult for them to acknowledge the problems without admitting that they took the lazy route (I'm probably going to get another forum vacation for that, but whatever, there's a definition for providing a sub-standard result simply because doing so requires less time and energy than doing it the proper way).

There isn't any harm in asking for these issues to actually be addressed or at least acknowledged, even if someone were to come out and publicly say "Those professions are gone, we currently have no plans to restore them to the game in any fashion whatsoever" at least that would be a definitive answer and evidence that someone at Blizz HQ is actually aware of the screw ups.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
05/01/2012 02:52 AMPosted by Thunderthorn

They're never going to do either one of those because that would require effort on their part. More specifically, someone would have to pay attention to professions outside of the 3 week window before an expansion drops. And they really don't like to do that.

It shouldn't be hard for them to get a list of each recipe that was discontinued, and transfer them to a profession trainer or something. It'd make a lot of people happy, from what I'm seeing.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
If the squeaky wheel really got the grease:

We'd have got an additional character slot seven years ago, instead of getting one with MOP.

Continually repeating the same suggestions, over and over again, doesn't make them more likely to happen. There is no meter, which suddenly tipped at the 10 trillion mark and made them put in another character slot.

Also, tradeskills come dead last.

----------------

They know they are missing.

They know people doing tradeskills want them.

They are not your parents, who cave when you really REALLY want that ice cream cone.
Edited by Kybeorie on 5/4/2012 10:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
05/04/2012 10:33 AMPosted by Kybeorie
If the squeaky wheel really got the grease:

And I suppose we can't reorganize the characters on the character selection screen, and can't modify our armor to look like something else.

Blizzard is not one person. You do not need to convince a single Blizzard employee that an idea is a good one, you need to convince a great many of them with multiple different angles and arguments so they pass it on to the higher ups that don't read the forums.

If people believe this is a good idea, then there is no harm in suggesting it again.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
...adding discontinued profession recipes to the profession trainers?

I've just spent the last few hours of my game time killing murlocs in Hillsbrad and highborne spirits in Winterspring for two enchanting recipes with no luck in a drop. I'm assuming the Formula: Enchant Gloves - Fishing and Formula: Enchant Weapon - Icy Chill no longer drop, among other recipes like Formula: Enchant Gloves - Mining.

Needless to say, I'm pretty disappointed. I'm a person who takes his professions pretty seriously. Lately I've been spending hours of my game time farming these old-world places for jewelcrafting and enchanting recipes, just to be able to say to people one day "I have every recipe in the game". I'm disappointed that as a result of the game mechanics, I will never be able to do that.

Blizzard, would you ever consider bringing these recipes back for avid collectors like me?

lol they prolly wont, atleast not anytime soon. this type of thing is considiered unimportant meaning blizz doesnt give a crap about them. If they dont reappear w/ the expansion you mindaswell say goodbye forever
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]