Removal of "School of Hard Knocks" Achieve

90 Draenei Warrior

I do NOT want to hear from those folks who say they got it in one try, it's easy!

Most of us who have it didn't get it in a single go.
It took some of us hours.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warlock
Oh dear not this time of the year again, should just make one dedicated thread for all you noobs to whine in please, sick of it clogging up half the forum.

Here i'll explain it for you;

NO ONE said you have to have the achievement, it's totally optional
"But, but, but it's a part of a meta which gives a phat mount"
NO ONE said you have to have a mount either, it is also 100% optional

Bro achievements and mounts are totally 100% optional, if you're not good enough to get an achievement or mount, you dont deserve it, it doesnt need a nerf or to be removed, there are plenty of easier ways to gain mounts, work on them, please stop asking for things to be handed to you on a plate.
Said by someone in full PVP gear.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Add me to the list of unhappy PVE-ers forced to try to get a flag. This is my third year of trying to get that one achievement and all I have left is Warsong Gulch. I spent a few hours this morning trying to get close to the flag as Hordie surround it and protect their flag runner. I did get cussed at plenty, died a ton of times, waited for queue a bunch, saw lots and lots of other unhappy players with orphans...etc. etc.

I do NOT want to hear from those folks who say they got it in one try, it's easy!

I DO want to hear from Blizz why Blizz does not remove School from the meta. Heck, they made a lot of other things easier over the years, what's up with Blizz refusing to remove the one achieve everyone complains about the most? Does Blizz really secretly hate all us PVE players???

For me I've come to dread this one week of the year and where I find myself once again trying for something that, for me, is most likely impossible. I think it's time to seriously rethink whether I still am having fun playing this 'game'?!?!

You don't need PvP gear to complete it. There are plently of games where the EFC is alone at times. Grab the berserker buff and blow him up. School of Hard Knocks is nothing compared to other PvP achievements.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warlock
Add me to the list of unhappy PVE-ers forced to try to get a flag. This is my third year of trying to get that one achievement and all I have left is Warsong Gulch. I spent a few hours this morning trying to get close to the flag as Hordie surround it and protect their flag runner. I did get cussed at plenty, died a ton of times, waited for queue a bunch, saw lots and lots of other unhappy players with orphans...etc. etc.

I DO want to hear from Blizz why Blizz does not remove School from the meta. Heck, they made a lot of other things easier over the years, what's up with Blizz refusing to remove the one achieve everyone complains about the most? Does Blizz really secretly hate all us PVE players???

For me I've come to dread this one week of the year and where I find myself once again trying for something that, for me, is most likely impossible. I think it's time to seriously rethink whether I still am having fun playing this 'game'?!?!

You don't need PvP gear to complete it. There are plently of games where the EFC is alone at times. Grab the berserker buff and blow him up. School of Hard Knocks is nothing compared to other PvP achievements.
In my experience other PVP achievements are nothing compared to this.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
Kuri - When I did this achievement I had 0 PvP gear.

Suck it up.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin

In my experience other PVP achievements are nothing compared to this.

Returning 5 flags in one WSG is more frustrating than just 1 with an orphan out?
Capping a node in AB is worse than defending 3 in one AB?
Capping a flag in EotS is harder than killing 5 flag carriers?
Assaulting a tower in AV takes longer than the All Star achievement?

k
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warlock

Suck it up.

Not everyone is good at PVP, and most of the people who would like this achievement taken off the meta simply don't like it.

I don't see how telling someone to "Suck it up" helps, at all.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior

Suck it up.

Not everyone is good at PVP, and most of the people who would like this achievement taken off the meta simply don't like it.

Telling somebody to "Suck it up" means for them to do just that; Go out and do it until they get it.
It's what most people who have the achievement had to do. Most people did not get it in their first few goes.

And I was a beginner player in general when I got it last year. That's the baddest of the bad, imo. I just wasn't lazy.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
The one counter-argument that PvPers have to PvEers that loathe having to do these BGs is that they have to drudge through an instance (Utgarde Pinnacle) just to finish this meta.

God forbid King Ymiron or anything else in that dungeon does something you can't just look up on the internet.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
The one counter-argument that PvPers have to PvEers that loathe having to do these BGs is that they have to drudge through an instance (Utgarde Pinnacle) just to finish this meta.

God forbid King Ymiron or anything else in that dungeon does something you can't just look up on the internet.

Implying you can't just google how to go click a flag.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warlock

Telling somebody to "Suck it up" means for them to do just that; Go out and do it until they get it.
It's what most people who have the achievement had to do. Most people did not get it in their first few goes.

And I was a beginner player in general when I got it last year. That's the baddest of the bad, imo. I just wasn't lazy.
I'm not lazy, but this achievement isn't fun to attempt at all, it's just frustrating, and I don't play WoW to be frustrated.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
I CALLED IT.

(Schwert should add me on real ID!)

Oh I should!

I'll go roll a toon and throw it at you.

Am I doing this whole "Childrens Week Fun Tiem" thing right?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior

Implying you can't just google how to go click a flag.

I think he's talking about how you can't predict human behavior, such as all the people being utter @*!#s to people who just want to get the achievement done.

Throwing pumpkins at people is fun, this is just frustrating.

This is called working for something.
We're defending our ideals on that achievements shouldn't be handed out like candy and be just that; and achievement.

The ignorance is astounding coming for "you" people whining about not being able to do something that's not only easy - but gets easier towards the end of the week.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior

Oh I should!

I'll go roll a toon and throw it at you.

Am I doing this whole "Childrens Week Fun Tiem" thing right?

I'm online on Neryssa right now :P

Hell is about to freeze over.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warlock
I think he's talking about how you can't predict human behavior, such as all the people being utter @*!#s to people who just want to get the achievement done.

Throwing pumpkins at people is fun, this is just frustrating.

This is called working for something.
We're defending our ideals on that achievements shouldn't be handed out like candy and be just that; and achievement.

The ignorance is astounding coming for "you" people whining about not being able to do something that's not only easy - but gets easier towards the end of the week.
It was easy for YOU, YOU got lucky. Not everyone is going to have your experience.

No one is saying you shouldn't have to work for it, but this one is absolutely ridiculous. Every other PVP based achievement was easy compared to his one.

I just love that selfish attitude of "Oh, ti was easy for me, it MUST be easy for absolutely everyone else"
Edited by Kurisuto on 4/29/2012 12:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
WTB Blue post explaining, "We hate PVPers, so we'll completely disrupt BGs for a week and give you at least 20 worthless teammates every time. We also hate everyone else, so we make them compete against 40 people in the same group and 40 people on the horde side to complete 4 PVP achievements".

Children's week achieves suck for everyone.

Make PVPers kill raid bosses or fish 1,000 fish in PVP zones to get their gladiator title, or better yet... keep them separate. Look through the forums on this topic- you won't find even 5% of people saying, "Wow, children's week PVP achieves were fun and just the right level of challenge, they made me enjoy the game even more".
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Children's Week is only one week. People in Battlegrounds can't just let these guys get the specific part of the achievement? I mean, they don't like doing the achievement any more than you enjoy their presence in a BG. The sooner they get it done, the less non-PvPers you'll have in a BG and you can get your precious Honor and/or Conquest.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]