Leader looking for a guild - Alliance Only

90 Night Elf Hunter
Hey all,

I am currently looking for a guild, but I am looking for a guild that I can take a higher position in. Of course, I'll explain why. I am a recent graduate with a Marketing degree and working on my MBA this summer. I want to take some of my principles, philosophies and theories and put them into play within an environment that's applicable.

My experiences:

- I have started and ran two guilds in my WoW career of seven years. My first guild was a BC guild, we made it successfully through Tempest Keep during the time it was a challenge to get through. My second guild was a WotLK guild. We started it at the start of WotLK and ended it right after we successfully went through Ulduar, not in complete full hard mode, with some activations done.

- I was apart of two guilds with over 200 members as an officer that lead us through many achievements (guild) and was in charge of increasing the amount of active members and getting everyone achievements.

- I am currently working on my Project Management certification and am very knowledgeable with Six Sigma.

- I have other small things worth of experience, but aren't really worth noting here. Just some conversational pieces.

I have two 85s, an 80, and about five characters that are above the level 50 threshold. I have a tank (DK) and a DPS (hunter). My hunter is my main, you can click on her picture for more information. My tank is just now getting gear, but has tank gear beyond the requirement to get into RF DS.

If you have any questions, want to get ahold of me, etc. Please post here and I will get into contact with you ASAP. Or send me a in-game mail, or add me as a friend and contact me.

PLEASE NOTE - I am not picky about guild size, guild level, or anything of the sorts. But what I am looking for is a guild that wants to make progress as a community. Even if you are a small guild that just wants to make a mark in the game, get into contact with me.

Thank you all for your time. Have a fantastic day!
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
This reminds me of when some group wanted to do a study on players when the ZG epidemic hit to see how humans might react in a real life outbreak, people take this game way too seriously :(
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Well, you have to think about it. If millions of people play this game, then its the perfect way to simulate things. When it comes to management, this is the perfect scenario. Guilds are nothing more than small businesses/big businesses. It all follows the same process and uses the same theories. It's absolutely amazing to me. But it's also the cheapest way to test things out and screw up utterly. I can lead a guild and try something new and bomb out, and know that that certain thing may not work quite so well in reality.. So yes. It does have it's perks. Plus, this kind of stuff is fun to me and is relaxing. I like to actually use the stuff I am reading in books, like Great by Choice and really make it applicable, instead of reading it and just letting it die off.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Open trade.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Loser looking for a guild-Alliance only*
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Why the hate?
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
You're never going to get your MBA with no enchants, my friend.

Also, you're more than welcome to lead us.
Edited by Farnsworth on 5/1/2012 5:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
05/01/2012 08:36 AMPosted by Oliva
Loser looking for a guild-Alliance only*

wtb Rictus
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
You're never going to get your MBA with no enchants, my friend.

Also, you're more than welcome to lead us.

Pardon?
Reply Quote
78 Human Priest
I didn't want to believe this thread was real but ok. He's saying people aren't going to take you seriously as a leader if you don't even hold yourself to any standards.

And for your own sake, I hope you don't truly believe that a college education will apply in any way to managing World of Warcraft players in a guild setting. You know what the qualifications are for raid leading? Know the fights and be vocal. Boom bam. Qualifications for pvp leading? Know the objectives and be vocal.

Unless you're learning the math behind capping nodes in AB at school, I'm not sure what your almost-MBA has to do with anything in this game. This thread is pathetic.
Reply Quote
You all are retarded.
Reply Quote
78 Human Priest
05/03/2012 11:21 AMPosted by Missyk
You all are retarded.

You can't seriously believe I don't know that's you, OP. This must be very embarrassing for you! I thought people in college were above calling people "retarded." So was I correct to assume this is a troll thread, or what? Why hide on the alt, anyway?

Awaiting your response sincerely. :)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
05/03/2012 11:50 AMPosted by Merrz
You all are retarded.

You can't seriously believe I don't know that's you, OP. This must be very embarrassing for you! I thought people in college were above calling people "retarded." So was I correct to assume this is a troll thread, or what? Why hide on the alt, anyway?

Awaiting your response sincerely. :)

Do what? Your smile just makes it all sound like its going to be so much fun! :D haha. Though to correct your statement, people in college don't outgrow terms such as "retarded". The social corrections people might outgrow that.

Also, no that was not me. But to go after what you said earlier. I agree completely with what you said earlier. It's completely stupid to have a raid leader going after current content when content has been cleared by numerous guilds, and the "leader" hasn't even downed the first boss. Same with PvP since PvP is very strategic minded. That wasn't my original intent, and I guess I can see where I failed to clarify that.

I like doing the internal parts of things, I really do. I like setting up the events, marketing the guild, setting up goals and trying to align guilds to stop being so flaky and doing what they say they are trying to do. There are some good guilds out there, but are complete crap because the guild leader doesn't know how to communicate and become flaky, and the people in the guild are just as bad. I want to actually exercise these theories and practices that make small groups and such work.

That was what I meant. Now I will be awaiting your reply! :D
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
But you haven't even marketed yourself effectively within this thread. As a manly man, I would recommend you create your own guild, on your own time, with your own members, to exercise these theories and practices. It would take all of a day to recruit enough players to "test things out and screw up utterly" if you had any marketing ability. So what's stopping you from doing so?
Reply Quote
78 Human Priest
05/03/2012 01:01 PMPosted by Medialynn
Also, no that was not me.

Yes it was. The rest of what you've said in this thread has been invalidated.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
05/03/2012 05:44 PMPosted by Merrz
Also, no that was not me.

Ignorance?

05/03/2012 01:22 PMPosted by Farnsworth
But you haven't even marketed yourself effectively within this thread. As a manly man, I would recommend you create your own guild, on your own time, with your own members, to exercise these theories and practices. It would take all of a day to recruit enough players to "test things out and screw up utterly" if you had any marketing ability. So what's stopping you from doing so?

Very valid point. I have thought about that, and actually tried to make it happen. But I just can't seem to even find a few people. I thought maybe it was the realm, since few people are on anyway. But I guess you are right, I'm just not exercising my marketing ability.
Reply Quote
78 Human Priest
05/03/2012 08:18 PMPosted by Medialynn

Ignorance?

Ignorance is posting on an alt and thinking I won't know.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter

Ignorance?

Ignorance is posting on an alt and thinking I won't know.

And how do you know?
Reply Quote
78 Human Priest
Because I do. The fact that you're even now responding to the point--defensively, at that--only lends credence to my assertion.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
05/03/2012 08:46 PMPosted by Merrz
Because I do. The fact that you're even now responding to the point--defensively, at that--only lends credence to my assertion.

So, now you are turning this into a trolling thread because you had no other expectations and you want those expectations met? Fantastic.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]