LFR yor'sahj blobs (red-black-green)

90 Blood Elf Paladin
The last few weeks there is a lot of aggro in raid chat whenever this combo happens.

Sometimes people have an addon that spams to 'kill black', and what usually happens is half the group goes red and half green. Then there's a big argument from the people who went red about how "green doesn't do anything" (huh?) , "LFR is different to normal" (while that person is themself oblivious to how green works) and the people who went black complain about everyone else not following instructions.

In the end what happens is no blob dies, the group kills the boss anyway because the damage is so low, and then everyone stops !@#$%ing eventually.
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Paladin
04/30/2012 09:15 PMPosted by Lusignan
"LFR is different to normal" (while that person is themself oblivious to how green works)

If I remember correctly in LFR green doesn't do any splash damage.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
Green doesn't do splash damage in LFR. It really doesn't matter which one you kill there, and if your healers are half competent, you don't even need to bother killing any of them.

Of course, on normal/heroic, green and red together is virtually a guaranteed wipe.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
red-green-black i'd kill red...but certain combos, like that one you can leave all 3 up no problem.

purple you got to kill because not many have practice with it.
yllow its good to kill because you might have a tank problem and you'll end up healing a billion stacks.

others you can leave all up, really. if no purple and no yellow you can stay on boss.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
04/30/2012 09:28 PMPosted by Vreivai
Of course, on normal/heroic, green and red together is virtually a guaranteed wipe.

We keep red, green and black or red, green, purple up on Heroic 10 fairly easy.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
green-red-yellow-black is the only time its ebatable and we kill green so we can aoe black. I never saw green + red both reach in heroic. (25).
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Killing black allows for more damage being done to the boss. In LFR, I'd actually recommend doing that if people will listen. In other difficulties, you only want red/green up if you're 10 man and know the routine for handling it.

The "green doesn't do anything" argument really annoys me though. It does do something, it just happens that one of the mechanics was taken away to make up for clueless people.

The only time I've ever seen a wipe on yor'sahj LFR was when he absorbed purple and the healers nuked us. I've come close when the tanks weren't swapping at all and no one, tank included, was using a cooldown to compensate. Pretty sure those are really the only ways to wipe on him.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
04/30/2012 09:15 PMPosted by Lusignan
Then there's a big argument from the people who went red about how "green doesn't do anything" (huh?) , "LFR is different to normal" (while that person is themself oblivious to how green works) and the people who went black complain about everyone else not following instructions.

I love when people use this argument because green doesn't splash. It still does more overall damage than red ever will if people are stacked up properly, which you should ALWAYS be stacked for LFR Yor.

The ooze order is ALWAYS Purple > Yellow > Green. Red is useless, blue is slighty annoying at best, and the adds from a black die in like 10 seconds or less.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
green is jsut a weaker red in lfr...for all intents and purposes it doesnt do anything. the splash is what makes green dangerous and it doesnt splash so...its just heal-through damage.

when I look at a new boss I always look for the abilities in terms of "this one we heal through"...and 'this one we counter". green as well as red in lfr is 'heal-through'.

blue is the only color you really go out of your way to respond to.
Edited by Robokapp on 4/30/2012 10:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
04/30/2012 10:01 PMPosted by Arbearday
I love when people use this argument because green doesn't splash. It still does more overall damage than red ever will if people are stacked up properly, which you should ALWAYS be stacked for LFR Yor.

People in the correct positions for raidfinder? ahahahahano.

Purple>Yellow>something else, it doesn't really matter. It should probably be black or blue because raidfinder dps is terrible, but you'll never get people to agree to actually make the fight go faster, so it'll usually be red.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
People have always been killing green until some smart guy started to say "it doesn't do splash damage in LFR" and since then raids started to wipe because half people go for one and half for the other.

It doesn't matter in LFR which one it is, as long as you kill one. Purple is a bit different because it actually requires healer to understand that aoe heals will wipe the raid.

I've always been a fan of "if it doesn't matter, why don't you do it the way it's done in regular so they know the kill order", but apparently some people think this encounter is hard to heal and feel the need to let green up.

To answer your question.. the addon told you to kill black because letting green up in regular means to spread out.. obviously the addon was broken.
Edited by Zurak on 4/30/2012 10:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
People in the correct positions for raidfinder? ahahahahano.

Then those people can die and enjoy a repair bill. Not my problem.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
On my dps alt unless there's a purple up, I just pretend I don't know the fight and tunnel the boss, and let rest of the raid take care of slimes... if they can kill one, good... if not, it can just heal through... boss dies faster this way anyway...
Edited by Emmey on 5/1/2012 12:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
On LFR purple must always die if its up. Otherwise it really doesn't matter which one, the most important thing is one of them, any one, has to die before it reaches the boss. You can call out one, but if everyone decides to attack green, or whichever, just follow the herd.
Edited by Murdina on 5/1/2012 12:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Warrior
05/01/2012 12:35 AMPosted by Emmey
On my dps alt unless there's a purple up, I just pretend I don't know the fight and tunnel the boss, and let rest of the raid take care of slimes... if they can kill one, good... if not, it can just heal through... boss dies faster this way anyway...

Heroic Yorsahj LFR is always fun.
Reply Quote
People kill oozes in LFR? Last couple times I did LFR with my healer none of the oozes died. None. It was like healing a little mini-heroic LFR.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
04/30/2012 10:44 PMPosted by Zurak
It doesn't matter in LFR which one it is, as long as you kill one.

I disagree. You don't have to kill one.

I've done LFR where we ONLY killed purple. Three of the healers (and the tank) were from my raid team. If I knew all 6 healers, we wouldn't've even killed purple.

Also, in the first week of LFR, Yor'sahj was killed on LFR difficulty, by TEN players who didn't kill any oozes except green WHEN it spawned with red (they were practicing for Heroic).
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
I always tell people to kill Green in that combo, because that's what you'd kill if it was on normal mode. Both Red and Green kind of tickle on LFR so it doesn't really matter what to kill.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
05/01/2012 12:35 AMPosted by Emmey

That's usually the reasons how a LFR failed on Yor'sahj, or actually most of the fights.
- "Others will kill the add," then the add won't be killed, and the raid wiped.
- "It can be healed through," actually the healers are not really that good, or, because of so many thinking this way, it became so bad and it can't be healed.

A successful LFR these days requires half of the raid with competence and gear to carry the other half. If those with better skills is doing the wrong thing, and thinking the other half would take care of it? LFR becomes hard when people makes it hard.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
On LFR red-green-black, killing black benefits the raid most because it doesn't take damage away from the boss and the healing is easy. The black adds do a bit of melee damage anyway.

On my alts I never, ever help kill green in LFR under any combination. I just stay on the boss and let the people who don't know the fight go waste their time. The damage output of LFR green is really minimal - much less than LFR red, which will still really hurt the idiots who don't stack.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]