New MoP Lore: Legacy of the Masters

90 Human Warlock
We need a Warlock quest involving the Council. A max level quest to get our "super" powers, where we revisit Black Temple, Firelands and Bastion of Twilight, and make sure it's a solo quest dammit!
Reply Quote
Outland has the most powerful elemental ever known being a semi-prisoner... imagine using his power? "In combat with a warlock, no one can hear your screams... above the sound of his spells"
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
This sounds quite epic. I love lore, and the idea of there being lore behind ABILITIES excites me.

I mean, for a while now I've known that you can basically guess a couple of the new abilities for a class based on bosses in the previous expansion. Old Kingdom had a boss use a fire ball thing that became a Mage ability, Murozond's time manipulation became a mage ability, Lich King's Relentless Winter became a DK ability, and so on.

It's good to see this reflected in lore- that members of a calling see this new power during their adventures and attempt to steal or imitate it for their own benefit.
Reply Quote
71 Gnome Warlock
This is... is...

...I think I need clean robes now.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I find it very interesting that warriors, death knights, mages, and their new abilities are specifically perceived by warlocks to be "new threats."

I thought a priest's or a paladin's more efficient usage of light magic would be a greater threat.

Most interesting indeed.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Our new protection again the Light: http://mop.wowhead.com/spell=6229
Edited by Kairuciant on 5/2/2012 8:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warlock
I find it very interesting that warriors, death knights, mages, and their new abilities are specifically perceived by warlocks to be "new threats."

I thought a priest's or a paladin's more efficient usage of light magic would be a greater threat.

Most interesting indeed.
It's because priests and paladins are too chicken !@#$ to even compare to warlocks :). The whole meeting is power for power's sake, and they were worried that those classes would surpass them.
Reply Quote
66 Blood Elf Warlock
Someone find Part 2 QUICK!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock

Most interesting indeed.

Fel\shadow Magic =/= Unholy. I don't believe that light magic counters our, it just comes from a different mindset.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
05/02/2012 01:35 PMPosted by Hallabar
Someone find Part 2 QUICK!

I tried.

Shatt's trainers, Gul'dan's site in SMV, Twilight Ridge in Nagrand, Molten Front base area, etc etc etc, everywhere you can think of. Maybe I missed it, who knows. Sigh.
Edited by Baalsamael on 5/2/2012 3:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Burning Rush: "Run, run or you'll be well done!" - Zinnin

One of the Warlocks quoted Kefka? We're so screwed.
Reply Quote
75 Orc Death Knight
Is this part of a quest?
Reply Quote
49 Gnome Warlock
its a book lying around.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
  • Sulfuras is a weapon, not a place. This isn't a complicated distinction.
  • Characters should not be introduced with assumed familiarity; Especially if they're new.
  • Find a synonym for the first appearance of war. Examples: Battle, combat, conflict, strife, struggle, etc.
  • Tone down the scar flaunting and meaningless threats. This makes warlocks feel like a joke. YMMV.
  • Also, it might not be a great idea to have such obvious literary self-insertion for major lore.
  • Shinfel is the name of the character, not her voice.
  • Find a synonym for corruption. Examples: Taint, miasma, malignancy, etc.
  • Zinnin's eyes shouldn't be snarling.
  • Zinnin himself shouldn't be snarling, considering the person he's snarling at wasn't doing anything.
  • It's kind of silly for Kanrethad to call Deathwing's chaos unstoppable, considering it was stopped.
  • The Siege of Wyrmrest wasn't actually very long prior to Mists of Pandaria.
  • Did I mention that Sulfuras isn't a place? Yeah. http://www.wowpedia.org/Sulfuras
  • Sentences like the one detailing Ritssyn's observation are even half as far decided to do more like.
  • When did Zinnin's name stop being a proper noun?

Sorry for being so harsh when it's in beta and all, but this whole thing just feels lazy and apathetic. I won't even touch on the two-dimensional nature of the characters, given all of these more glaring issues throughout the excerpt. I'm honestly not sure if the intention was to make it sound like a poorly written fan-fiction as some sort of humorous comedy reference, but that's exactly what it reminds me of.
Edited by Yaegar on 5/3/2012 9:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
71 Gnome Warlock
05/03/2012 03:33 PMPosted by Yaegar
this whole thing just feels lazy and apathetic.

Give green fire to everyone except this guy.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
05/03/2012 05:05 PMPosted by Pennika
Give green fire to everyone except this guy.

Green fire is cool and all, but Blizzard said they wanted achieving it to be an epic experience. Unless we're teleporting into the hammer of Ragnaros, utilizing the dark calligraphy of the fearsome beareds, and battling against Zinnin's snarling eyes, then I imagine errors like those listed above might hinder the enjoyment of some players; myself included.

I was probably a bit too harsh, and I apologize for that. It just frustrates me to see such careless writing from developers; especially surrounding lore which is rumored to play a big part in the future of warlocks. My inner grammar fascist popped out to say hello, and wreak havoc on the writing as I'm used to.

But thankfully, this is what beta is for -- to catch mistakes exactly like this, and correct them before live release. So again, I apologize for my rather blunt presentation. I've just been hearing a lot about it, and it's a touch of a sore spot when my favorite class is represented in such a light.
Edited by Yaegar on 5/3/2012 5:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Actually, no. You know what? I don't apologize! I'm a warlock! I'm allowed to be heartless and cruel!
Edited by Yaegar on 5/3/2012 6:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
05/03/2012 05:39 PMPosted by Yaegar
I was probably a bit too harsh, and I apologize for that. It just frustrates me to see such careless writing from developers; especially surrounding lore which is rumored to play a big part in the future of warlocks. My inner grammar fascist popped out to say hello, and wreak havoc on the writing as I'm used to.

Don't forget that it was copy-pasted from in game. I doubt it had those spelling errors in game.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
04/25/2012 11:28 PMPosted by Baalsamael
If they have the idea of making Black Temple a warlock city, they better leave the damn lvl 70 raid there too. make it a time travel thing Idc.

I doubt it'll go this far, but a fortress around the Gul'dan site would be nice.

I would love to see a purely Warlock Take on floating Necropolis hovering over the Hand of Gul'Dan. Give each class an area in a remote zone like the Death Knight Necropolis over the Eastern Plaguelands and a spell to port there for training, respecing and such. Would be awesome. Just load the place up with Warlock Lore.

They could bring back Jezelle Pruitt's demon lecture that used to be held in the Undercity but expand it to explain their new powers and demonstrate the new demons.
http://www.wowpedia.org/Jezelle_Pruitt

Warlocks, we don't need to eat, we don't need to drink, we don't even need to breathe. We can subsist entirely on the suffering of our enemies.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Ah, nevermind. The typos aren't in-game, thankfully. The other errors are, however.
Edited by Yaegar on 5/3/2012 9:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]