A thankless job? I think not.

90 Draenei Shaman
[...]Last saw him trying to heal H PoS and complaining why all the DPS weren't LoS'ing the Aura making his job harder....

/WILD APPLAUSE
Reply Quote
04/27/2012 05:19 PMPosted by Kiango
[...]Last saw him trying to heal H PoS and complaining why all the DPS weren't LoS'ing the Aura making his job harder....

/WILD APPLAUSE

I thought so too...sadly, one success out of probably hundreds of failures isn't really that great of an accomplishment.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
One is better than none.
Cause that one can make another one outa hundred.
Which makes another one.
Which makes another one.

So you actually have 4. Aint that nice?
Reply Quote
One is better than none.
Which makes another one.
Which makes another one.

Isn't that called a reverse exponential curve...and used to calculate the odds of genetic disorders?
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
One is better than none.
Which makes another one.
Which makes another one.

Isn't that called a reverse exponential curve...and used to calculate the odds of genetic disorders?

Don't pull math geek on me :P
Just call it nice and pat yourself on the back.
Edited by Abeille on 4/27/2012 6:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Don't pull math geek on me :P
Just call it nice.

*looks down sheepishly* Yes ma'am.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Very good sir!

On topic;
It's been more or less already covered, but the majority of people haven't a clue how healers work - and don't care.
Not surprising that we get few to no compliments/thanks for extended periods of time.
Edited by Abeille on 4/27/2012 6:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
Like the song says...we care a lot. Oh it's a dirty job, but someone's gotta do it.

Most healers don't do it for the thanks; they do it because it's the role they enjoy most.
Although I'm jaded enough to admit...for me, the latter part of that statement has been seriously marred these past couple of years or so. =/
Edited by Audience on 4/28/2012 7:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Well healing is pretty faceroll 90% of the time in this game. HoTs dont take skill at all, and every dungeon pre-cata you wont go below 80% mana. Its the situations where a dps gets feared into a group and your heals saved a wipe where you will get the recognition and thanks. Also in a raid setting its easy to see who is a good healer and someone who doesnt know wtf is going on
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
04/30/2012 01:33 PMPosted by Tiriél
Well healing is pretty faceroll 90% of the time in this game. HoTs dont take skill at all, and every dungeon pre-cata you wont go below 80% mana. Its the situations where a dps gets feared into a group and your heals saved a wipe where you will get the recognition and thanks. Also in a raid setting its easy to see who is a good healer and someone who doesnt know wtf is going on

LOL. God, I love people who make broad, sweeping statements when the only instance they've apparently ever healed is DS.

This isnt my only toon, ive been healing since Molten core days. I dont keep track but ive received many more "awesome job healer" than "fail haelz kick lol." Im just saying if you havent gotten recognition as a healer maybe your doing it wrong, why u mad for?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
04/30/2012 01:33 PMPosted by Tiriél

LOL. God, I love people who make broad, sweeping statements when the only instance they've apparently ever healed is DS.

Though that 90% is absolute hyperbole, I will admit to using only HW:S + CoH in BC and early-mid wrath content. (During Cata, about 2 months ago) Healing in relevant content is never "easy" until you're geared, regardless of skill.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
[/quote]And maybe you're full of !@#$. <3[/quote]

Why would i lie? Is someone being a good healer that unbelievable? Whatever, Im not going to argue with an avatar over the internet. Have a good day mr. Tiriel :D
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
I don't heal to get "thanks" from other players. I actually heal because I don't trust anyone else to do it.

Food for thought.
Reply Quote
I don't heal to get "thanks" from other players. I actually heal because I don't trust anyone else to do it.

Food for thought.

I think it is safe to assume that we ALL do since if we did it for thanks, we would have quit long ago. :P
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

Food for thought.

My thoughts. You stole them.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]