A thankless job? I think not.

Do you ever find yourself in a dungeon, as DPS, fretting over the health bars of your party members?

I know I do. Why is my DPS so bad? I fret over healing. -_-

Yes. I think that's a big portion of why I don't like DPSing. Before I was a healer I didn't worry about anything except myself. I mean I would interrupt what I could, but overall I worried about nothing but pushing my dps buttons. Now... I feel like I am on the verge of panic the entire time because I have ZERO control. Whether I actually have zero control or not is immaterial I feel like I do and that sours the whole thing for me. :P

I have really REALLY tried to go back to dps... at least sometimes, but unless I am with a full group of people I know, it's really not a fun experience for me... at all.

The last time I really put effort into it was with my druid a few months back. Just did BRC-heroic and we died... I don't even remember how many times, and it was doubly hard for me because the healer was a disc priest. :P Anyway after 2 wipes on the last boss I was like ok.. forget it. Had the priest switch to his shadow OS and I switched (back) to resto. After the boss dies the tank whispers me "why didn't you do that at the beginning?" so I said I was really trying to be a dps for a little while and he replies "Yeah.. you should never do that again." I figure if I have random people I don't even know telling me I *need* to be a healer.. then maybe I should stop trying. :P But every few months or so I do try... but it usually only takes about 5 minutes to remember I don't like it. :P
Reply Quote
It makes my day when someone says 'Nice heals' or 'Good job heals.' I get a lot of personal satisfaction from pulling out a healing miracle, when things get rough, though.

As an example, I was on my 77 Druid healer in Ank'Khet and I was at about 10% mana. I called out for a mana break as the tank ran into the next room- the one with all the spiders in it? I somehow managed to keep everyone up through the spider gauntlet and the tank said 'OK, take a well-deserved mana break, nice work heals.'

I also like to drop into regular Cata heroic queues every once in a while just to help newbies out. It's MUCH easier to get them done with an over-geared tank or healer.

I also DPS and tank just to get a feel for all parts of the game, but healing is definitely my first love- I have every possible spec of healer at one level or another (Hpally, Rdruid, Disc priest, Holy priest, Rshaman.)
Edited by Lyrianna on 5/1/2012 7:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I don't heal to get "thanks" from other players. I actually heal because I don't trust anyone else to do it.

Food for thought.

This x100000

And it scares the hell out of me to watch health bars drop knowing there isn't a damn think I can do about it as a tank or DPS.
Reply Quote
I don't heal to get "thanks" from other players. I actually heal because I don't trust anyone else to do it.

Food for thought.

This x100000

And it scares the hell out of me to watch health bars drop knowing there isn't a damn think I can do about it as a tank or DPS.

Which makes it suck even more to watch a tank or dps screw their job up while I'm healing.

I can't do everything, blast you >_<
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

Food for thought.

This x100000

lol, could not agree more... back when i would tank hots in my offspec i was always using my wog on party members to help keep them up (typically for no other reason other than i saw they took some damage)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]