Noob Raiding (Heroic) Question

Just started doing DS 10 last week, (late to the party, I know) but we are having an easy time with it we pretty much one shot everything our first attempts. What I am curious about is if we wanted to try heroic mode fights, would we have to commit to doing the entire raid in heroic mode? Could we choose to only do Morchok on heroic and stick with regular for the rest of the instance if our gear still needed work? Thanks in advance!
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Not at level 1 you can't!

Seriously though, yes you can pick and choose which heroic boss to try and switch back and forth.
Reply Quote
Great! Thanks!

One more question though is how do we actually switch it from normal to heroic?
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
Right click on your name plate (Like how you would reset instances) and you can change the difficulty.
Reply Quote
Awesome, thanks!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Just a note, the raid leader needs to have killed Deathwing in order to be able to switch to heroic.

Unless that got changed.
Reply Quote
Thanks for the heads up, Dethwing should be going downtown on Sunday.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Just a note, the raid leader needs to have killed Deathwing in order to be able to switch to heroic.

Unless that got changed.

I think only the first person to enter the raid must have killed Deathwing, not necessarily the raid leader.

The first time my guild tried heroics, I had downed Deathwing, switched it to heroic. A player who had not downed Deathwing attempted to enter first and got an error referencing his lack of the Deathwing achievement, then someone else entered (not me) who had killed Deathwing. Once he had entered, the other player had no problem entering.
Edited by Pogo on 4/27/2012 4:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
^ yeah, you were the leader

In ICC it had to be the leader, it was common to get in a kingslayer just for the purposes of setting lootship to heroic (guy invites his friend, you pass lead, friend sets heroic, friend leaves, group kills lootship). Then you get the friend in again to set it back to normal afterwards
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]