Clannad, opinions?

85 Undead Priest
Debating whether I should watch it or not. After finishing Angel Beats!, I'm not sure the emotional shields preventing me from shedding manly tears can take another tear-jerker like that. So opinions on Clannad? E.g. likes, dislikes. (NO SPOILERS :P)
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
The first series of clannad isn't overly sad except for a scene with a briefcase. But After story is different im pretty desensitized when it comes to emotional or sad stories movies as a result of browsing 4chan for years but two scenes still result in !@#$% tears every time. If you are just looking to feel sad and cry this show is right up your ally. /a/ will say its forced mellodrama but its a pretty good watch if you are spoiler free for all of after story. I would suggest dling the series via torrent if you can or just try to avoid reading comments if you watch on websites like youtube or wherever just because people enjoy spoiling shows.

If you like clannad and want another tear jerker Air is another option.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Death Knight
Dont forget Chrono Crusade, especially the last few eps in the series being tear jerkers :O

The 2nd season of Clannad is a real tear jerker in itself.
Reply Quote
95 Undead Warlock
In your current condition I would recommend you go watch Grave of the Fireflies

trust me
Reply Quote
87 Worgen Warrior
In your current condition I would recommend you go watch Grave of the Fireflies

trust me

don't listen to this guy

he is clearly and Evil F$#@ and is trying to get you to commit suicide
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
The anime is really good, more so the second part of it, which has to do with Clannad's After Story part of the VN. I'd recommend the Visual Novel more, just because I think there's more emotional impact and the OVAs of certain characters aren't done well compared to the VN. The anime is still really good though.

Though if you want more of an emotional roller coaster, keep an eye out for an anime called 'Little Busters!' in the future. It's also a VN done by the same people who made Clannad, which recently got an okay to turn into an anime. While I didn't think Clannad couldn't be beat after I finally read the Visual Novel, Little Busters! I think is just as good, if not, even better.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
You won't cry much in Season 1. It has its moments of sadness where you will feel bad for certain characters...and then there is After Story

In After Story you will realize that your body is giving you the big finger and doing it repeatedly!
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
So this isn't about the Irish folk group then...
Reply Quote
35 Blood Elf Paladin
05/22/2012 01:52 PMPosted by Mondas
So this isn't about the Irish folk group then...

Yes, so sad . . . go listen to "Harry's Game" by the wonderful Irish group Clannad!
Edited by Crearwy on 6/18/2012 5:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]