Give level 1 guilds SOMETHING

85 Blood Elf Hunter
I know this seems pointless but as it stands because level 1 guilds have literally nothing people are simply not willing to join unless they are new to the game. I know that just starting out you shouldn't get much but when there is literally no incentive to join a level 1 guild people are not going to join unless there's a promise of gold or free loot from the guild bank. Even at level 2 your chances of recruiting someone is at least 100% more likely. It's too hard for guilds to get off the ground and in fact the only thing I found that could make it possible to hit level 2 faster actually requires you to have members so you can complete guild runs. The problem is Blizzard has made being part of a guild far too valuable, so nobody wants to join anything that's level 1.

Even something as basic as putting fast track as a level 1 perk, or a perk at level 1 called "Team effort" which makes all personal experience gain faster while questing or doing a dungeon with players from the same guild. Things like the fast track perk work exceptionally well once you get them but before hand it is near impossible to do anything.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I am the only person in my guild, only person with a few alts, and i have leveled it to rank 3 without trying.

Rank one guilds don't need anything.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
04/30/2012 11:31 PMPosted by Okrawindfury
I am the only person in my guild, only person with a few alts, and i have leveled it to rank 3 without trying.

That's awesome, good job!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
04/30/2012 11:33 PMPosted by Bloodbliss

That's awesome, good job!

I guess. I was surprised when it suddenly ranked up to level 2 when i was just questing. Its not like i did anything for it, i just did what i would normally do and got the levels.

Any guild with a few separate people trying to level it up should have no trouble.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter

You fail to realize it has taken you an entire expansion to do this, so while it is possible I hardly think over a year is a good time frame.
Reply Quote
30 Blood Elf Hunter
Um.. Your in a lvl 25 guild? O.o
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Level 1 guilds do have something

They give a reason for people to accomplish things as a group that help level the guild.
In a level 25 guild, there is no need to do guild runs, as everything is unlocked anyway.

What all good guilds have in common is good leadership, which leads to a good guild community.
If the level 1 guild has a great community ( won't be level 1 for long ), players will go there anyway.

If there is 'nothing' going on, and everyone is 'soloing' the level 1 guild will bleed most of the players it does get, and pretty much be a dead guild.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
04/30/2012 11:31 PMPosted by Yubao
You won't be level 1 for long.

I think you cant conceive that my few friends are not willing to leave their guild to come to mine until my guild is level 25... same goes for myself. I'm not going to give up all the perks to level a guild. I figured I could make a guild on an alt and level it up at a reasonable pace by recruiting people, but it's not the case... Finding people is hard enough, finding active people is near impossible..
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Guilds are just static bonuses in the back of my spell book that occasionally ask me if I want to do some dungeons.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter

Heehee, me too, I'm the only person in my own guild and I got to Level 2. It took about ..... 2 alts ... i think. I really don't care if anyone joins or not. I'm from the old-skool way of guild thinking. Guild perks are just what they are, perks. Handy yes, but they don't necessarily create solid foundations of friendship. Back in the day ppl made guilds out of friends, or family, or whathave you (most of the time), now it's all for the perks and not for the persons.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
Level 1 guilds do have something

They give a reason for people to accomplish things as a group that help level the guild.
In a level 25 guild, there is no need to do guild runs, as everything is unlocked anyway.

What all good guilds have in common is good leadership, which leads to a good guild community.
If the level 1 guild has a great community ( won't be level 1 for long ), players will go there anyway.

If there is 'nothing' going on, and everyone is 'soloing' the level 1 guild will bleed most of the players it does get, and pretty much be a dead guild.

There cant be a community if nobody is interested in joining lol.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

You fail to realize it has taken you an entire expansion to do this, so while it is possible I hardly think over a year is a good time frame.

You fail to realize i am the only person in the guild.

ONLY.

PERSON.

I think being halfway to rank 4 without doing any work towards leveling a guild is pretty good.

And if your "friends" wont level a guild with you, then perhaps you are all just not committed enough to having your own guild. Not everyone needs to have their own guild, some people are best suited to simply belonging to a guild. You and your friends and your unwillingness to start your own guild would indicate that you are probably that type of players.

Nothing wrong with it either.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter

You fail to realize i am the only person in the guild.

ONLY.

PERSON.

I think being halfway to rank 4 without doing any work towards leveling a guild is pretty good.

And if your "friends" wont level a guild with you, then perhaps you are all just not committed enough to having your own guild. Not everyone needs to have their own guild, some people are best suited to simply belonging to a guild. You and your friends and your unwillingness to start your own guild would indicate that you are probably that type of players.

Nothing wrong with it either.

No i'm not willing to be booted from dungeon groups because I don't run 100% when dead (Yes it happens a lot)

I'm not willing to not be able to cast Mass Resurrection and be removed because of it (Once again happens a lot)

The problem is that guild perks are too convenient... People wont give it up (including myself) just to go into a guild and spend months and months leveling it... I personally would love to run a guild and have before (Back in BC... long disbanded) which had a great community. I recruited the old fashioned way and had many friends. The only reason it disbanded was because the players weren't great and I wanted to find a raiding guild which back then wasn't easy, you couldn't just pug everything..

These days it's perks first community second. Nobody cares about making friends anymore, they just want 5% extra XP for their alt or mass res so they can get stuff done quicker... No guild is about community anymore (at least now leveling / social ones).
Edited by Skìttles on 4/30/2012 11:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Ok, now you are just making up reasons. Run speed when dead and lack of mass rez causing boots? Give me a break.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
04/30/2012 11:54 PMPosted by Okrawindfury
Ok, now you are just making up reasons. Run speed when dead and lack of mass rez causing boots? Give me a break.

It has happened to me on more then 1 occasion on my alt. "wtf is taking this tank so long boot him"

"you have been removed from the group"

Or

"Can you rez?"
"No sorry only level 1 just started the guild lol"
"Sigh"
PlayerX Leaves the party
PlayerY Leaves the party
"Oh well"
PlayerZ Leaves the party

Maybe it's just my battle group but not having perks is major frowning upon from my experience.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
So you want the run speed when dead increase and mass rez moved to rank 1? What would the point of having a guild at rank 25 if the important guild perks are from getting 10 signatures.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]