Alliance got Garrosh

24 Draenei Mage
You know, Rhorle, if you're going to try insulting a guild for whatever reason, you should do it on your main and not some alt that you frequently decide to post on over your main.

I mean, I don't see why not at least--Unless you're hiding something.

Its ironic a person from another server is accusing someone of hiding behind an alt. Could it be you are trying to hide who you were on hydraxis? (Since you imply you were once from hydraxis and apparently know me when I know you don't).

And I post on this character rather then my other ones because:

A) It is a bank character and I use the remote Auction House to view auctions and browse.
B)I provide Beta feedback on one character to better view posts and responses without having to keep the window open.
C)It gets annoying to always switch characters around to do stuff
D)Only idiots insult people or point out "You should be on a high level or main". Because it doesn't matter or change one thing that was posted or said.

So congrats on being a troll. High Five! No where have I insulted a guild in my posts. It could be said, if anything, that I've insulted members of a guild.
Edited by Mortuary on 5/24/2012 4:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
05/24/2012 03:16 PMPosted by Mortuary
Its ironic a person from another server is accusing someone of hiding behind an alt. Could it be you are trying to hide who you were on hydraxis?

That's because I was on this server, under the name of Shamikaze, for 3 years. I'm not hiding anything. This is who I am after I name changed from Shamikaze to Platform back in December.

(Since you imply you were once from hydraxis and apparently know me when I know you don't).

There's a google chrome addon that displays people's alts that they post with on the forums.

D)Only idiots insult people or point out "You should be on a high level or main". Because it doesn't matter or change one thing that was posted or said.

But it very much does. If you're going to come in and make statements specifically about the quality of someone or their guild, yours had better be better. Otherwise you're not in any position to say anything against them. Hence, why a lot of people post on alts in the first place because they don't want to look like hypocrites/unqualified to make any counter- statements.

So congrats on being a troll. High Five!

Funny, because I wasn't trolling.

No where have I insulted a guild in my posts

Oh really?
05/23/2012 04:51 PMPosted by Mortuary
. At least you are living up to your guild name.

^^ Second page post #57
Edited by Platform on 5/24/2012 4:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
24 Draenei Mage
Oh really?
. At least you are living up to your guild name.

^^ Second page post #57

You say you aren't a troll, but then your actions prove otherwise. As I said if I insulted anyone I insulted members of a guild and not the guild. The keywords of the English language you fail to see are "You are". You is in relation to a person and not a guild.

I Implied the person was socially inept, thus why the guild name fits, but said nothing about the guild socially inept. Again high five at being a troll.

Post 57 is also on the third page, not the second

05/24/2012 04:24 PMPosted by Platform
But it very much does. If you're going to come in and make statements specifically about the quality of someone or their guild, yours had better be better. Otherwise you're not in any position to say anything against them. Hence, why a lot of people post on alts in the first place because they don't want to look like hypocrites/unqualified to make any counter- statements.

But doesn't that apply to you? You should be posting as a character on this server otherwise you aren't qualified/competent to insult someone from this server. Oh wait that is stupid logic to begin with.

A statement, no matter who it is from, carries the same amount of validity and weight. Just because you are a level 85 that cleared heroic DS doesn't mean you are somehow special or worth more then someone that has only done LFR.

People play many characters and can have many experiences outside what is reflected in the character they post on. It is only idiots and trolls that think it matters any and post about how inferior people are because their character doesn't match.

I can comment on the state of Druid tanking while posting as a warlock and I would be just as valid as a Druid tank. Just as valid if I switched to a druid tank as well. Why? Because people can make informed and educated opinions about things while "having another character" selected.

The third and final time High Five at trolling.
Edited by Mortuary on 5/24/2012 5:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
05/24/2012 05:03 PMPosted by Mortuary
You say you aren't a troll, but then your actions prove otherwise. As I said if I insulted anyone I insulted members of a guild and not the guild. The keywords of the English language you fail to see are "You are". You is in relation to a person and not a guild.

Well, it appears I misinterpreted what it was you said.

You see, you said "You are living up to your guild's name" which can imply reputation moreso than the actual name itself.

But doesn't that apply to you? You should be posting as a character on this server otherwise you aren't qualified/competent to insult someone from this server. Oh wait that is stupid logic to begin with.

Wait, what? This is apples and oranges. I've been on this server long enough (And only left recently) to qualify myself to comment on anyone here.

A statement, no matter who it is from, carries the same amount of validity and weight. Just because you are a level 85 that cleared heroic DS doesn't mean you are somehow special or worth more then someone that has only done LFR.

Right, so if I'm 2/8 heroic and I tell you that all of Heroic DS is easy and that you're bad for still being say, 7/8, that my statement is valid?

There is more weight to the statements of someone who actually has "Been there, done that" than someone who has seen other people do it rather than himself.

It is only idiots and trolls that think it matters any and post about how inferior people are because their character doesn't match.

I don't look at it as a sense of objectifying inferiority. I look at it as more of a certification for opinion (Depending on what the topic is) and a measurement of cowardice.

I can comment on the state of Druid tanking while posting as a warlock and I would be just as valid as a Druid tank. Just as valid if I switched to a druid tank as well. Why? Because people can make informed and educated opinions about things while "having another character" selected.

Still not exactly the same thing I'm discussing, and slightly orange to my apple.

I don't completely toss out the statements made by people on alts. I instead toss out the statements made by alts by people who you can tell aren't in any position to make an opinion on something. It's like turning on your local news station and ridiculing the target of social media when you have no clue what the hell is actually going on INSIDE of that news story.

Hell, I've gotten in discussions with you plenty of times while ON Hydraxis ON one of my own alts (Zaltor). Granted, we've never really discussed anything related to the game. But regardless, I never really cared that you were on some alt because it was never one of those situations where being on your main/most progressed character (The character you represent mostly as YOU) was entirely necessary because of said circumstances.

If you're going to come into a server forum though, and insult a person or guild, do it on what people know you as and don't hide. It's cheap and pathetic.

And, quite honestly, it ends up making you look worse than some stupid troll in the end.
Edited by Platform on 5/24/2012 6:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
24 Draenei Mage
05/24/2012 06:23 PMPosted by Platform
If you're going to come into a server forum though, and insult a person or guild, do it on what people know you as and don't hide. It's cheap and pathetic.

And yet you tried to insult me on a character I don't know, and as a character from another server. Does that make you cheap and pathetic? You can't keep claiming apples and oranges when the same situation is applied to you.

That is the thing with characters, it matters little. It is what is said that matters. What I say is the same no matter if it comes from a level 1 or a level 85, or whatever. Hell you didn't even know if perhaps this was my new main or the name I want everyone to know me as...

You just went guns a blazing in full on troll mode because you didn't like what I said. You tried to use the fact that I'm on an alt against me because to you see alts as inferior. But to those that aren't trolls stuff said on an alt are just as valid as said on any other character. Because its the merit of a post, not the merit of the character that matters.

As all characters are just bytes on a server.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
05/24/2012 06:46 PMPosted by Mortuary
And yet you tried to insult me on a character I don't know, and as a character from another server. Does that make you cheap and pathetic? You can't keep claiming apples and oranges when the same situation is applied to you.

Actually, I thought you knew who I was, considering we've had long discussions on both my alt and my main. Specifically I can remember something involving my old guild DREAM being a bunch of "Elitists" because, being an officer, I expected people to know half a clue of what the hell they were talking about before they considered applying.

So yes, apples and oranges.

That is the thing with characters, it matters little. It is what is said that matters. What I say is the same no matter if it comes from a level 1 or a level 85, or whatever. Hell you didn't even know if perhaps this was my new main or the name I want everyone to know me as...

No, it does matter with some things. It matters in both real life with who you say you are and who you have to show for it, and in the game. Why do you think in applications guilds look for everything you've done and want to know more about you? Because what you do, who you are, and everything you have to show for it-- It matters. You can't sit here and try to tell me there is no difference of merit with accreditation when it's very much clear how important it actually is.

You just went guns a blazing in full on troll mode because you didn't like what I said.

If I was trolling you, I probably wouldn't have spent as much effort typing out everything I've said.

You tried to use the fact that I'm on an alt against me because to you see alts as inferior.

No, I didn't. I already explained to you what I thought about alts.

on an alt are just as valid as said on any other character.

Depending on what is said, and not on every topic-- such as things which generally are supported through first hand experience.

Because its the merit of a post, not the merit of the character that matters.

And the majority of the time where it is actually necessary, the merit of the character reflects the merit of the post.

As all characters are just bytes on a server.

What exactly is your point? It doesn't matter what our characters are composed of; that's completely unrelated.

It doesn't matter if our characters are little slippets of memory or not. if they are related to a case and a point, they are important. Sorry.
Edited by Platform on 5/24/2012 7:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
/popcorn
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Mortuary or Rorly ..whatever. Idiot question: Do you utilize a monocle to partake in your sense of sight? I envision you to be the monocle wearing type.

I take credit for this stellar discussion in this thread!

In the words of the best instigator this server has ever had, "I rule" - Bustycops
Reply Quote
24 Draenei Mage
Actually, I thought you knew who I was, considering we've had long discussions on both my alt and my main. Specifically I can remember something involving my old guild DREAM being a bunch of "Elitists" because, being an officer, I expected people to know half a clue of what the hell they were talking about before they considered applying.

Because everyone in WoW from a different server with the same name is the same person. There are at least 47 Platforms in WoW and at least 6 of them are Shamans. I am supposed to know that a person trolling from another server is someone I posted to a few teams months ago? You aren't that memory worthy.

If I was trolling you, I probably wouldn't have spent as much effort typing out everything I've said.

You tried to insult me because I was posting on another character then what you consider to be the only worthy character. You latched onto your own faulty interpretation of what I said as the cause of such. That is almost a text book definition of trolling.

No, I didn't. I already explained to you what I thought about alts.

You tried to name and shame me and imply I'm hiding behind an alt for some reason. That is clearly you using me posting on an alt against me. It is there for everyone to see unless you edit it out.

Depending on what is said, and not on every topic-- such as things which generally are supported through first hand experience.

So because If I switch my character to another character that makes my statements suddenly more valid? A statement is just as true and just as valid made by a level 1 as it is by a level 85. Because the level of a character doesn't change that statement at all.

How is a statement any different if the only thing changing is the avatar of the poster? Its the same exact words. But to you one is now valid and the other isn't. This is exactly what kinda of idiot trolls I was talking about that value the avatar/character instead of what is said.

A statement will always be true regardless of what character it is made on. You just have some purile fancy that only level 85's of X requirement matter.

And the majority of the time where it is actually necessary, the merit of the character reflects the merit of the post.

Anyone of any level, achievements, progression, or whatever else you are judging a character by can be an idiot and make false or incorrect statements. They are not more worthy just because.

What exactly is your point? It doesn't matter what our characters are composed of; that's completely unrelated.

It doesn't matter if our characters are little slippets of memory or not. if they are related to a case and a point, they are important. Sorry.

Do you actually read what you post? Your entire argument is that what the character is matters. You can't have it both ways. Either what a character is composed of (achievements, level, gear etc) matters or it doesn't.

A druid isn't the only one that can post about Druid topics. I as Mortuary can post about Druid topics and be equally as valid as if I was posting under a druid. Why? Because I the player have the same exact knowledge as I do when I switch the avatar on the forums. Why? Because I am still the same damn person.

But to you I'm different and someone to listen to now.
Reply Quote
24 Draenei Mage
Mortuary or Rorly ..whatever. Idiot question: Do you utilize a monocle to partake in your sense of sight? I envision you to be the monocle wearing type.

That certainly is an idiot question. I use eyes.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
You know, Rhorle, if you're going to try insulting a guild for whatever reason, you should do it on your main and not some alt that you frequently decide to post on over your main.

I mean, I don't see why not at least--Unless you're hiding something.

Mortuary's accusation of them exploiting the mage tower portal is something that would neither have gained, nor lost merit if he had posted on his main. Therefore, your argument is invalid.

Derp.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
05/25/2012 12:59 AMPosted by Mortuary
supposed to know that a person trolling from another server is someone I posted to a few teams months ago? You aren't that memory worthy.

Except I never was trolling.

Also, honestly, what are the chances of the 43 Platforms, the 6 of them being shamans, that another person who fit the criteria would come here, of all servers?

You tried to insult me because I was posting on another character then what you consider to be the only worthy character.

Pretty sure 'Rhorle' from 'Repgrind' is more reputable than 'Mortuary' of 'The Dead Cant Say No.' And by that, I mean that character is the one that actually can carry a nametag and reputation to it.

So because If I switch my character to another character that makes my statements suddenly more valid? A statement is just as true and just as valid made by a level 1 as it is by a level 85. Because the level of a character doesn't change that statement at all.

Damn straight it does. Why? Because if you're going to be able to make a claim, you need to be able to support it--both logically and meritablely. Again, this doesn't apply to everything. But insulting someone/their guild while you're on a level 26 is like writing a letter without signing it and sticking it in someone's mailbox telling them they're an idiot. It's dismissable.

But to you one is now valid and the other isn't.

You're misconstruing what I've been saying.

You can't have it both ways. Either what a character is composed of (achievements, level, gear etc) matters or it doesn't.

Yes, you can. Want an example?

Two people can have a civil discussion about a new design of trees shown in a picture on MMO Champion, talking about how they both think the trees look in comparison with the other designs of trees all being in place. All of this involving the game, but completely related to a personal sense of what's aesthetically pleasing.

Two people now, can be talking about high end raiding. One says the content was moderately difficult, with some tuning issues and some gimping mechanics. He has cleared all content for that tier. The other person could either be completely uninvolved with the raiding scene in general, or just barely touching the surface, and would be completely unable to make a valid statement about that tier besides only what he's personally first hand experienced. "'X' raid is easy! Your guild is only 2/13. You suck considering people are already 13/13 and how easy the content is."

You know, there's a reason that jobs require resumes, or that people who go to court wear dress suits. It's because when you present something that requires merit, you're expect to have the background to support it.

@Viral:

Mortuary's accusation of them exploiting the mage tower portal is something that would neither have gained, nor lost merit if he had posted on his main. Therefore, your argument is invalid.

Derp.

Did you even read everything? Or, did you just randomly pop into this thread and after skimming 4-5 posts decide to make a post.
Edited by Platform on 5/25/2012 5:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Orc Hunter
tldr
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Did you even read everything?

Of course I did. And there was nothing said anywhere in that circle-jerk that diminishes the point I was making. Your "post on your main" argument, as it pertains to this thread, is, was, and will remain invalid.

However, I'm sure this post will be disregarded, because it's being made on a low level alt, in what's obviously a shrewd attempt to hide my identity, raid progression, and arena rating. In fact, I'm not really Viral, at all. I'm just a figment of your imagination.

In other news:

Herp dee derp da teetley derpee dumb.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
05/25/2012 06:22 AMPosted by Viraltoo
Of course I did.

Oh, so you just didn't understand it.

05/25/2012 06:22 AMPosted by Viraltoo
However, I'm sure this post will be disregarded, because it's being made on a low level alt, in what's obviously a shrewd attempt to hide my identity, raid progression, and arena rating. In fact, I'm not really Viral, at all. I'm just a figment of your imagination.

There's that orange again!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Oh, so you just didn't understand it

Can you elaborate? Like, explain exactly what about it I don't understand?

I need the extra help, see...I'm not very bright.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
Can you elaborate? Like, explain exactly what about it I don't understand?

I need the extra help, see...I'm not very bright.

Yes, you can. Want an example?

Two people can have a civil discussion about a new design of trees shown in a picture on MMO Champion, talking about how they both think the trees look in comparison with the other designs of trees all being in place. All of this involving the game, but completely related to a personal sense of what's aesthetically pleasing.

Two people now, can be talking about high end raiding. One says the content was moderately difficult, with some tuning issues and some gimping mechanics. He has cleared all content for that tier. The other person could either be completely uninvolved with the raiding scene in general, or just barely touching the surface, and would be completely unable to make a valid statement about that tier besides only what he's personally first hand experienced. "'X' raid is easy! Your guild is only 2/13. You suck considering people are already 13/13 and how easy the content is."

You know, there's a reason that jobs require resumes, or that people who go to court wear dress suits. It's because when you present something that requires merit, you're expect to have the background to support it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
/out of popcorn

:(
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
LMAO
/buys a box of popcorn and gives Diago half

..... out of soda
Edited by Hôlýdêâth on 5/25/2012 1:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]