I'd like to be in a "Decent" raiding guild

90 Pandaren Shaman
05/05/2012 12:29 AMPosted by Pruney
I'm seriously the last person you should take seriously lol.

Not sure if serious...
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
05/05/2012 12:58 AMPosted by Rags
I'm seriously the last person you should take seriously lol.

Not sure if serious...

LOL. How silly of me :P THAT WAS THE ONE TIME YOU SHOULD TAKE ME SERIOUSLY MAN I MEAN IT.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
This thread is amazing. It's vintage Durotan a la 2006. The same sort of Casuals making the same arguments against anyone with even a modicum of ability to play the game. I still find it amazing that the Casuals don't even know that they've won.

These days, WoW is a time commitment for brief periods of time, and only then if you want to be truly "elite". These days, a full DS heroic clear takes under 90 minutes. For those that don't suck, that leaves literally months of basically doing whatever you want inside or outside.

As to the OP, the best way to start the path to a "decent" guild who proudly has heroic Morchok on farm on a light 1-2 day/week schedule is to audit your character and see how you can improve it within your own means that doesn't require a guild. Looking at your armory the first things that jump out to me are A. You are a rogue without the first step of daggers which implies a ton given that they are charity items and B. You use hit gems. Hint: Any gem that costs less cut then in it's raw form is probably bad for you. Oh, another good barometer is world of logs. Not so much that you should be parsing on it, but so you can see what specs are producing the best results. Spoiler: Learn to play Combat.

There are so many things to go after in the OP's thread, but most of it has been touched upon well enough already.

I really am happy to see this place hasn't changed a bit since I left at the start of TBC. The names of it's citizens may change, but the server will always be a shining beacon to Casuals everywhere.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
This thread is amazing. It's vintage Durotan a la 2006. The same sort of Casuals making the same arguments against anyone with even a modicum of ability to play the game. I still find it amazing that the Casuals don't even know that they've won.

These days, WoW is a time commitment for brief periods of time, and only then if you want to be truly "elite". These days, a full DS heroic clear takes under 90 minutes. For those that don't suck, that leaves literally months of basically doing whatever you want inside or outside.

As to the OP, the best way to start the path to a "decent" guild who proudly has heroic Morchok on farm on a light 1-2 day/week schedule is to audit your character and see how you can improve it within your own means that doesn't require a guild. Looking at your armory the first things that jump out to me are A. You are a rogue without the first step of daggers which implies a ton given that they are charity items and B. You use hit gems. Hint: Any gem that costs less cut then in it's raw form is probably bad for you. Oh, another good barometer is world of logs. Not so much that you should be parsing on it, but so you can see what specs are producing the best results. Spoiler: Learn to play Combat.

There are so many things to go after in the OP's thread, but most of it has been touched upon well enough already.

I really am happy to see this place hasn't changed a bit since I left at the start of TBC. The names of it's citizens may change, but the server will always be a shining beacon to Casuals everywhere.

Stop using your thesaurus to troll. It's making the rest of us look bad.
Edited by Dargoxx on 5/6/2012 12:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
97 Troll Shaman
You say you have a wife in one thread, and a gf in this one. I don't understand.

Also, I disagree with many of the people and agree at the same time.

It just makes it look like you are looking to get carried that you're not saying anything in this thread.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
Well I've gotten into a guild...thx for all of those who made suggestions and actually cared. For the rest of you, consider anger management. Never knew such an innocent forum post could spark some of you to get SO ANGRY!!

And for the record, i'm never carried. I gear myself up before i even consider asking for a spot in a raid. I think in the past few weeks i've done just fine.

Its so much easier to just help someone asking for help than to be a total @@## and troll them. Lets plz act like adults on the forums? If you want to be a trolling kid, go to the league of legends forums and act like one there :)
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
05/06/2012 01:20 PMPosted by Djelementz
It just makes it look like you are looking to get carried that you're not saying anything in this thread

If i were to respond to every kid who made a negative response on this thread, how would that make me look?

I don't like feeding the trolls!

Plus, I've been busy gearing myself by running heroics and LFR, thus my absence on the forums :) Thx for trying to categorize me; although you're completely wrong I will have to say :(
Edited by Exxi on 5/7/2012 9:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
97 Troll Shaman
Perhaps my statement was misunderstood, I didn't mean you should respond to the trolls, I meant you should at least put a bump (even though it's not necessary with the trolls) Put in this thread that you joined a guild, something.
And I didn't mean it as you're definitely looking to get carried, I don't know you. But not saying a word gives it the appearance that you don't really care too much about it.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
I gotcha. It's not a big deal. All has been taken care of :)
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
Well I've gotten into a guild...thx for all of those who made suggestions and actually cared. For the rest of you, consider anger management. Never knew such an innocent forum post could spark some of you to get SO ANGRY!!

I honestly didn't see anyone get angry in this thread, maybe Phaine but thats it.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
Heh, read harder.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Grats on getting into Remix, Exxi. They're a good guild.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
They fit my schedule and aren't !@#$%^-s - perfect for me ^.^
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Just goes to show, no matter how many unskilled idiots try to talk a bunch of smack to you on a thread, there's always a few people around that aren't complete tools.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
05/09/2012 12:28 PMPosted by Snarfz
Just goes to show, no matter how many unskilled idiots try to talk a bunch of smack to you on a thread, there's always a few people around that aren't complete tools.

I enjoy being a tool, makes me feel bad-a.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
05/09/2012 12:28 PMPosted by Snarfz

amen
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
05/09/2012 05:15 PMPosted by Pruney

I enjoy being a tool, makes me feel bad-a.

Qt.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
I love how one person trying to find a guild became another thing for the people of Durotan to start another forum fight that shouldn't happen in the first place. If you don't like that the guy just wants a casual guild to be in just shut up and keep it to yourself. It's not like he is causing anyone here any kind of personal problems, and just because you don't have the time or you don't want to commit to the game enough to raid dependably doesn't mean you are looking for a carry. It just means you want to raid but not have it take up a portion of your life that you would rather spend doing something productive. On the other hand you won't get into a decent guild if you aren't willing to commit. If you aren't even willing to fill out an app then why should you be considered to raid? Not even wanting to answer some simple questions shows that you won't even try to look up information on your class or a fight. So pretty much don't bust his balls for wanting a guild to raid with from time to time, and don't expect to get into a good guild without making a commitment to the game and guild.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
^ While some people went a little overboard (or more than a little) I do have to say, way to berate people and then make the exact same arguments that they did.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Lol, way to come over from another realm and write us a novel about how butthurt you are about other people being butthurt, golf clap to you brotherbear.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]