Sym's top 10: Sci-Fi films

90 Blood Elf Priest
I love what Goldy has been doing on these and thought about my favorite subject, Sci-fi films so here goes my listing!

10. Matrix
9. 2001 - A Space Oddessy
8. Logan's Run
7. Escape from New York
6. Close Encounters of the Third Kind
5. Terminator
4. Star Wars
3. The Road Warrior - Mad Max II
2. Blade Runner
1. Star Trek II - Wrath of Khan

Honorable mentions:
Star Gate
5th Element
Tron
Star Trek - 2009
Forbidden Planet
Edited by Symantha on 4/25/2012 2:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
#1 - #10: The Fifth Element

/thread
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
1.) Star Trek (2009)
2.) Star Gate
3.) Star Wars (see a theme yet?)
4.) Terminator
5.) Aliens
6.) Jurassic Park
7.) Back to the Future
8.) The 6th Day
9.) The Matrix
10.) Gattaca

Wrath of Khan was pretty hardcore, though. As a kid, that was my favorite Star Trek hands down. Friggin' worms in your ears that make you go crazy... whew.
Edited by Seregan on 4/25/2012 5:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
You get Meadows+ points for having Forbidden Planet up there Sym! ^_^

Hrm.... hard for me to say which my favorites are. I'll have to get back to you on that as there's so many to review from.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

Hrm.... hard for me to say which my favorites are. I'll have to get back to you on that as there's so many to review from.

Thanks, I do like much of the old Sci-Fi films but not in love with them all. Forbidden Planet just trancends time for me and it never gets old.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
10 The Abyss
9 The Day the Earth Stood Still
8 The Fifth Element
7 The Matrix
6 Terminator
5 The Empire Strikes Back
4 The Road Warrior
3 Aliens
2 Alien
1 Blade Runner
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
How about, Firefly.. Or im just that old -_-

Dune, was good back in the day but you laughed everytime you saw the spaceships with the wires on em.

And one that was good was, stargate universe: But all stargate theme series were cancelled
for some reason.. so the ending was kinda a slap.

So of these arent big screen films, but damn some were really good much better than theater ones lol
Edited by Mightyleech on 4/26/2012 7:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Firefly is fantastic, but it's TV.

Serenity was a good film, but can't crack top ten.

On a side note I worked with Morena Baccarin last summer. Just as beautiful in person as on screen.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
04/26/2012 07:58 AMPosted by Rekaz
On a side note I worked with Morena Baccarin last summer. Just as beautiful in person as on screen.

I am so jelly right now it is sickening.

Ya Firefly as a series was awesome but Serenity was maybe top 50 for me as a movie.

Empire Strikes back, interesting. I do love the movie definately in my top 20. For some reason I love Star Wars so much more was going back to that feeling the first time I saw it.. in awe as a little kid. Everytime I see it I feel like that lil kid again and find myself cheering them on in the movie and dammit Obi, needs to listen to me when I say DON'T DO IT! What draws you to empire Rekaz?

Maybe next thread is favorite Sci-Fi tv shows
Edited by Symantha on 4/26/2012 8:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue

Thanks, I do like much of the old Sci-Fi films but not in love with them all. Forbidden Planet just trancends time for me and it never gets old.

That's how I feel about War of the Worlds (the original Movie adaptation from the 1950s... not the Tom Cruise one. =/)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
I like Empire because it's dark. The hoth battle was great, and Darth Vader was extremly evil.

Overall I just like the feel and story best of all of them.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
04/26/2012 10:04 AMPosted by Rekaz
I like Empire because it's dark.

The starwars title is not bad, The first movies would bring a new revolution to movie effects/sounds.

But yeah Tron, and Back to the future, Old Startrek beats the crap out of em as movies :).
The First JP did make a great hit, basically because it was the dinosaur fever on youngsters
and the animation was great.. the sequels were disapointing
Edited by Mightyleech on 4/26/2012 10:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid

Maybe next thread is favorite Sci-Fi tv shows

Hell yeahz :)
Edited by Mightyleech on 4/26/2012 10:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Firefly is fantastic, but it's TV.

Serenity was a good film, but can't crack top ten.

Wow, really? Holy crap. Were you working with her in the same capacity as her character's profession in Serenity/Firefly? Giggidy, giggidy.

Sure hope you got an autograph or something. :)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
LOL. No in fact she is an actress and not a Companion.

I don't ask for autographs, as I work in the film industry and I feel it's a professional courtesy not to.

We did have a long talk about Firefly and V, and her fans. She is always amazed that people love the show so much being that it had such a short run, and was quite a while ago.

Very nice lady.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
1. The Fountain
2. Aliens
3. 12 Monkeys
4. Donnie Darko
5. The Fifth Element
6. The Abyss
7. The Empire Strikes Back
8. Alien
9. Blade Runner
10. Predator
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I see Terminator being mentioned a few times, but no mention of Terminator 2? Other then that, solid lists.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
04/27/2012 12:12 PMPosted by Klarusboy
I see Terminator being mentioned a few times, but no mention of Terminator 2? Other then that, solid lists.

I hated the kid actor.. HATED him and thought he ruined the movie while the original was fresh, exciting and kept you on the edge of your seat the entire time with the near misses.

This comparison reminds me of Star Wars episode 1. If they would have removed Jar Jar Binks and used that screen time for more near misses of Darth Maul and the Jedi's the build up would have made that film the best Star Wars of all 6.
Edited by Symantha on 4/27/2012 1:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
04/27/2012 01:52 PMPosted by Symantha

I hated the kid actor.. HATED him and thought he ruined the movie while the original was fresh, exciting and kept you on the edge of your seat the entire time with the near misses.

The original also had Bill Paxton as a street punk. 'Nuff said.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Does anyone remember Outland? (sean connery!)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]