New Priest Here

86 Human Priest
ARE YOU TRYING TO KEEP THIS $#!* A SECRET?

Priest healing = fun. Way more fun so far than leveling shaman, druid, and pally. Wish I had started here.

My first healing experience was "healing" when I was an enhance shammy in Deadmines. For some reason that group seemed to have fallen apart.

I'm leveling in Atonement, and so far so good. Seems to be pricey mana-wise sometimes, but pulls go by quickly since there's an extra dps. I have to time water breaks b/c no one seems to appreciate that I'm fulfilling two roles.

I created macros to bubble, renew, and penance the tank. So I'm keeping focus on the tank and just /targetlasttarget on those, seems to work ok. Is there another way I should be doing this?

So far, PW:Shield, Penance, and Renew seem to accomplish all of the tank healing I need to do. Ideally I work it out to enter Archangel right before hitting his bubble and renew, and getting one more renew off before it expires.

Do you atonement priests ever dot these mobs? Doesn't seem like there's time for it to be worth it, only on bosses.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
At max level in progression raid content (Normal or Heroic, whatever your guild is working on), you typically have little time to Atonement heal. Only on gimmick fights will the bulk of your healing come from Atonement. Your best bet is casting Holy Fire on CD with the occasional Smite woven in when appropriate.

At lower levels and as you begin to over gear content, you will find Atonement healing from Smite and Holy Fire to be adequate at getting the job done, along with PW: Shield on the tank. This is perfectly fine. If you want to throw a DoT up feel free to but I don't think low level bosses last long enough to warrant it.

If you are looking for more healing tips check out: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3229375010

I'm glad you like Priest healing :) Its definitely my favorite role in this game.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
ARE YOU TRYING TO KEEP THIS $#!* A SECRET?

Priest healing = fun. Way more fun so far than leveling shaman, druid, and pally. Wish I had started here.

My first healing experience was "healing" when I was an enhance shammy in Deadmines. For some reason that group seemed to have fallen apart.

I'm leveling in Atonement, and so far so good. Seems to be pricey mana-wise sometimes, but pulls go by quickly since there's an extra dps. I have to time water breaks b/c no one seems to appreciate that I'm fulfilling two roles.

I created macros to bubble, renew, and penance the tank. So I'm keeping focus on the tank and just /targetlasttarget on those, seems to work ok. Is there another way I should be doing this?

So far, PW:Shield, Penance, and Renew seem to accomplish all of the tank healing I need to do. Ideally I work it out to enter Archangel right before hitting his bubble and renew, and getting one more renew off before it expires.

Do you atonement priests ever dot these mobs? Doesn't seem like there's time for it to be worth it, only on bosses.

Yes, actually, we ARE trying to keep it a secret so SHHHHHHHH
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
welcome to the Light side :D

(see what I did there? unless your shadow) >_>
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
Disc Atonement healing at the low levels is CRAZY easy. I found around the 70's I had to stop Smiting and actually pay attention to healing - but Priest healing is an awesome way to play :) Remember to try both specs as well once you get a little higher and they split more to see which one might appeal to you more...or maybe both will!

Welcome dear sister! :)
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
priest are def a ton of fun to play. i liked healin 5 mans, but found it way more fun to do some pvp heals as disc : D either way, keep on rockin the priest train : D
Reply Quote
86 Human Priest
Disc Atonement healing at the low levels is CRAZY easy. I found around the 70's I had to stop Smiting and actually pay attention to healing - but Priest healing is an awesome way to play :) Remember to try both specs as well once you get a little higher and they split more to see which one might appeal to you more...or maybe both will!

Welcome dear sister! :)

I'm thinking about switching to try out holy, but Disc is so fun right now. I found that I do as much dmg as any dps other than a hunter multi-shotting.

My main's a tank, and I'm one of those terrible /clickslightwellonlybyaccident players, so i would say I wasn't specifically looking forward to holy. But having two healing tree options is also great, in case the other is needed more:-) And it looks like I can Atonement or not come later levels.

From what little I've read on MoP, it looks as if tank dmg is going to be heavy again, at least in the beginning of the xpac. I know some of the early cata raid kills had basically atonement priest requirements in order to have the necessary dmg to beat the enrage, and I'm hoping to have that flexibility, which is why I'm learning to play that as I level.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
It's always nice to hear someone appreciating Priest healing, myself I've found I prefer the smaller shaman toolkit for 5 player instances, though I wouldn't trade it for Holy's versatility or Disc's mitigation when it comes to raiding content. One of the major advantages holy has in addition to it's expansive toolkit is significant versatility when it comes to talent choice, unlike some of the other healing specs in classes I've played, I think Holy is one of blizzard's few success stories in the old talent system, and to a less extent Discipline as well given the two choices AA/A vs SoS/ToT.
Reply Quote
74 Night Elf Priest
I love it too!
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Welcome to the party!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Priests for the win!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]