Please Change Maintenance Hours

Blizzard should make changes in it's Scheduled Tuesday Maintenance so more people are able to play World of Warcraft. The current times of 3am to 11am for LightBringer server prevents me from playing for 6 hours since I live on the East Coast (United States).
I would like to see Blizzard change it to 12am (Midnight) to 8am or 1am to 9am server time.
That way I am not continuously losing the possible 6 hours each and every Tuesday that I have since September 2009. The change would not interfere with those on West Coast time as most people would or should be sleeping. This way people on East Coast or Mid-West don't have to wait till the afternoon hours to play.
Please consider changing the Maintenance Hours to accommodate everyone in U.S. time zones.
Thank you!
Reply Quote
1 Orc Hunter
The reason they have this is because during the day most normal people are either working or going to school.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Gotchaman,

While it would not be possible to choose a time where no customers are affected, we have determined that early Tuesday mornings are when the least amount of customers will be inconvenienced. Please note that the consideration for least amount of players takes into account players in all locations of the North American region (the United States, Canada, Australia, Singapore, Hong Kong, Macau, New Zealand, Mexico, Chile, Argentina, Malaysia and Thailand). We do apologize for the inconvenience but we currently have no plans to adjust the maintenance window unless warranted by player activity.

What about those of us that play from 12am to 3am? What about NZ and AUS, for them the maintenance is peak hours. We all have to deal with it some way or another. Think of it as a mandatory time out for health and safety reasons.
Reply Quote
I thought that Europe, Asia and other Countries had Separate Servers.
I am referring to the Servers here in the United States.
How about setting up the Weekly Maintenance accordingly to each Server to the Region it supports ?
I do realize that there is no compensation for the Down Time but believe there should be.

Today is May 1st 2012 (Maintenance Tuesday) and once again when I awake at 6am only having to wait till 2pm. Typically speaking having to wait 8 hours but it would not be so bad if it was only 2 hours wait. The current time schedule is like an all day affair which results in lost play time. This is why I suggest moving the hours back a possible 2 or 3 hours.
Reply Quote
Sorry, most normal people are sleeping during those hours. Therefore should move the Hours closer to Midnight and be done with maintenance in the early morning hours when one awakens.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
HAHAHA!!^^^^ *Dead*
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
hahaha you are right normal ppl are working or at school
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
90 Human Mage
I thought that Europe, Asia and other Countries had Separate Servers.
I am referring to the Servers here in the United States.
How about setting up the Weekly Maintenance accordingly to each Server to the Region it supports ?
I do realize that there is no compensation for the Down Time but believe there should be.

Today is May 1st 2012 (Maintenance Tuesday) and once again when I awake at 6am only having to wait till 2pm. Typically speaking having to wait 8 hours but it would not be so bad if it was only 2 hours wait. The current time schedule is like an all day affair which results in lost play time. This is why I suggest moving the hours back a possible 2 or 3 hours.

They don't the oceanic servers the spanish servers ect are located at the us data centers. The only servers outside the US are korean,china and europe the rest are located in the US.

And no you should not be compensated for maintaince. Maintance is part of every MMO and none of them compensate you for it.
Edited by Northernlite on 5/1/2012 8:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
90 Human Mage
05/01/2012 07:40 AMPosted by Gotchaman
Sorry, most normal people are sleeping during those hours. Therefore should move the Hours closer to Midnight and be done with maintenance in the early morning hours when one awakens.

Lets cut to the chase there not going to change maintance time for you. so just give it a rest. the US servers have 13 time zones included in there data centers what is slightly inconvent for you is in the middle of play time for some.
Edited by Northernlite on 5/1/2012 8:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter

You do realize that the servers aren't divided by region at all? People from all over the world are on each server.
Reply Quote
30 Tauren Druid
Hahahahahaha. Really? You want them to change something that they've been doing, on the same day, since Vanilla? Do you even know how absurd that request is...?

04/30/2012 06:57 PMPosted by Gotchaman
That way I am not continuously losing the possible 6 hours each and every Tuesday that I have since September 2009.

Only 2009? Wow. Good thing you weren't around in Vanilla or the beginning of BC. I remember maintenance that lasted nearly a week. 6 hours is absolutely nothing. Might be time to rethink one's priorities if it is. >.>
Reply Quote
78 Orc Warrior
I dont think the schedule should be changed but maybe just do each seperate maintenance in its own time zone, cmon Blizzard its not like u guys dont make a heap of money.
Reply Quote
Magrador,

I would agree to that suggestion Each server have separate Maintenance performed to the Time Zone it relates to.
Also agree that Blizzard makes a fortune as it is and could do it and much more.
I'm glad that Guild Wars 2 and Star Trek -the Old Republic- gives people an opportunity to play something than World of Warcraft and other Blizzard games.
There needs to be more Competition maybe then Blizzard-Activision will wake up and support their clients " the customer " rather than taking the money and run and only do Bare Minimal in Services.
Those MOUNTS they make are simple and cheap ... just change the Color and Skin then ask people to pay $25 for something they really don't need.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]