Ridiculousness of Levitate Animation

90 Undead Priest
I sincerely hope this isn't intended but am I the only one who feels the animation of levitate is bugged?

When you stand still its working fine as you seem to float in place ala levitate. But when moving the character remains in a static position which such seems out of place.

I paged a GM about the ability and their response was something along the lines of its not supposed to have a graphic you're levitating.

If no one else remembers levitate used to have a graphic of running on air when you werent in a fixed position. Please reimpliment this because simply floating with little to no movement makes no sense and looks ridiculous.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
05/02/2012 05:47 AMPosted by Sprinkling
If no one else remembers levitate used to have a graphic of running on air when you werent in a fixed position. Please reimpliment this because simply floating with little to no movement makes no sense and looks ridiculous.

Physics tells me that running while levitated is fairly silly. No thank you. Sure it could have a bit of an animation to it, but definitely not what it was. That was horrendous. I like it the way it is.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
We're moving with the power of our will - why waste the enegy by moving our legs as well? :P
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I would suggest using the running on sea-bottom animation that was very time consuming to develop but isn't implement in very many places in the game.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
The one where you're basically prancing? Yeah, thats worse than walking. You're using MAGIC to make yourself FLOAT. You don't need legs to make you move.

e: and before someone suggests it: Yes, the swim animation would be stupid as well.
Edited by Blew on 5/2/2012 7:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Priest
The only correct answer if there is a change made is the animation that you have when you are cycloned. Barring that, it's fine how it is to me.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
The only correct answer if there is a change made is the animation that you have when you are cycloned. Barring that, it's fine how it is to me.

lol. please no.

If there were an animation added for it, it would have to be something simple like your cloak/robe flapping behind you, maybe your hair as well if you had some. But I'm going to go ahead and assume that isn't really reasonable given the game engine.
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Priest
Just a bit of history here: The levitate running animation was a source of complaints for a very long time before they removed it and changed it to current.

Many, but not all, priests considered it an improvement. If one could construct a poll on the subject, you might very well find yourself in a distinct minority on reinstalling the running animation which I personally hated.

I think it's fine as is.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
Leaning forward makes sense. Air-running does not; moon-running does not. You're levitating. Think of any superhero you want who has the power of levitation. Jean Grey, for example. She floats, she flies; she does not bicycle her legs to propel herself forward.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
She floats, she flies; she does not bicycle her legs to propel herself forward.

Lol agreed with this. Running while levitating looked downright dumb. Floating looks way cooler. Sure it might be funkier with some animations to it like Blew suggested but really it's one very situational spell. How much of developers time do you really want to devote to it?
It's fine as it is now.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
Sedivy, every time I see your name I think of Snivy and I want to play Pokemon White/Black.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
05/02/2012 09:29 AMPosted by Sedivy
it's one very situational spell. How much of developers time do you really want to devote to it?

this is the crux. Its a cosmetic thing, one which (as moan pointed out) they've already fixed. They're not going to un-fix or re-fix it.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
Would be better if you bobbed up and down a bit while floating but it's still a huge improvement over the old one.
Edited by Soulpower on 5/2/2012 10:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
86 Troll Priest
i think superman should've moved his arms & legs in a swimming motion when flying, oh wait no i dont, that's completely ridiculous...
Reply Quote
05/02/2012 10:18 AMPosted by Soulpower
Would be better if you bobbed up and down a bit while floating but it's still a huge improvement over the old one.

You currently do that.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
05/02/2012 10:57 AMPosted by Gijora

You currently do that.

Really? Hm. Main is a gnome so maybe it's just not very noticeable.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
i've never noticed myself bobbing up and down but i really pay attention to very little in this game and usually i just click off levitate if someone puts it on me

/partypooper
Edited by Tsilyi on 5/2/2012 11:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
34 Gnome Priest
05/02/2012 10:57 AMPosted by Gijora

You currently do that.

I think you just follow the terrain, which makes it look like you bob.

Best use of levitate is at the end of WoE when you all go demon form. Levitate the group and your demon wings flap!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
wow people complained about that? Consider me surprised
I guess the cloud thing will have to do depending on what it looks like
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]