Resto Druid in HM Dragon Soul 10M

85 Worgen Druid
Hi! I made this thread to just answer a few doubts I have had. Sadly I don't have any logs from the past week or two but hopefully you can help anyways :)

Spec. I have been running with this one for awhile and been comfortable running with it so far through the first 5 heroics. But it has recently been told to me that I should take Genesis so I'm just wondering whats best.

On HM Ultraxion when I do heal I usually take green as the other healer takes red and I just wanted to know how to get the best use out of this crystal. Do HoTs work or just direct heals?

Would love some guides in resto druid PoV on Blackhorn, Spine and Madness HM 10M.

And also how much spirit do I sit around W/ HoU?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I personally would would be 3/3 Moon Glow before 3/3 Furor. And if I was comfortable with mana regen pull from Furor into Genesis. From what i have read mana is a limiting factor on Spine and Madness.

What is you heal team composition? Druids should always get red. Red is by far the best buff for druids. Yes its great for all the other healers too, but the green and blue suck for druids.
Edited by Plantman on 5/2/2012 10:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
Spec

3/3 Moonglow with 2/3 Furor
Points from Preserevence may be better of as 1/3 with 2/3 Nature's Bounty

Reforging

Don't reforge into Spirit (Neck), if you need to lose the Haste you would be better off putting it into Crit, or even using Mastery/Int gems rather than Haste/Int gems.

Gems

The +10Int bonus on that ring is not worth not using a pure Red gem.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
Thank you both and my healer composition is Resto Druid(Me) , Resto Shaman, Disc/Holy Priest.

My gear might be a little wierd on some peices because I DPS on some fights as well and so I try to balance it a bit.

The Disc Priest tells me Red is better for him than any other crystal because he likes how if someones going to die he can just pop a big bubble and save them. I have tried arguing that everything else is crap but he says he really needs it and thus my heals usually suck on Ultrax and I end up DPSing even though I do less than the Shamans OS :P.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
05/02/2012 11:07 PMPosted by Lionblaze
The Disc Priest tells me Red is better for him than any other crystal because he likes how if someones going to die he can just pop a big bubble and save them. I have tried arguing that everything else is crap but he says he really needs it and thus my heals usually suck on Ultrax and I end up DPSing even though I do less than the Shamans OS :P.

At this point, it really shouldn't matter much either way, but he really should be taking green then dropping it for blue when blue pops. Red gives you near 30k ticks of efflo, so there shouldn't be any issue of people getting low. If he won't give it up, though, I wouldn't care at this juncture to be honest as far as the fight itself is concerned; although, evaluating his attitude about it and what's best for the raid as a whole might be a good idea for future content (ie talk to whoever's in charge of running the raid about the underlying issue there). I don't know how your guild works, but my guild has found that people who can't or won't try different things on 10m to see what works best for the raid aren't good for us to keep around.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
If you disc priest takes read all he needs to do is spam PoH non stop other than PW: Shield on rapture CD....he doesn't need to do anything else, lol.

The advantage on this fight having a disc priest is Atonement in the early stages of the fight..added dps, though prob not needed now.

Blue is killer for disc as well...hasted PoH spam.

And Shammies are very good with green.

My healing partner for this on Reg mode is a disc priest. I take red he takes green and blue. I imagine this will work well on heroic as well.

Last week's normal mode kill:
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/p9cx1k5kvydm17qw/sum/healingDone/?s=2513&e=2831

Keep in mind WoL does not calculate PW: Barrier as healing
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
We got H Blackhorn down and now I am looking for any help you can convey to me about H Spine and H Madness guys! H Ultrax does not matter too much its farm easy content but I just wanted to know how to heal with green because I don't like DPSing all the much :P.

Any help is very much appreciated and everybody who has already contributed , thank you :)
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Grats on the kill! Spine should (maybe.. idk with the 20% nerf) let you push some healing numbers over your disc priest, so there's some "compensation" for your ultrax attempts not being all that great ;D

When we did Spine, all I did was worry about plasmas (kept lifebloom/rejuv up on the blood tank, but that was about it). I would rejuv anyone who got a plasma, wg if more than 3 people had one (usually only happened during roll phases), SM on cd and HT when I got clearcasting procs; the rest of the time I spammed nourish (this is using my current spec with full nature's bounty) on them unless too many plasmas went out, in which case I HT bombed until it was down to about 2.5 plasmas. I also specced full nature's bounty to get nourish down around RG cast times most of hte time (since I always had multiple rejuvs out).

During the first amalg explosion I would bould tol, our resto shammy dropped SLT on the second explosion (start rolling hots on people without the plasma debuff a few seconds before SLT goes down), and during rolls we used PW:B and my Tranq, adding in our boomkin's tranq and whatever else others in the raid could provide on the 3rd roll.

We had our shammy on dispels with support from the d.priest and the priest worried mainly about the tanks and clutch PW:S on low hp plasma targets.

I hope that's some help to you.. I've seen other methods of handling the healing on Spine, but that's how our team ended up working it out so if it doesn't work for you, I'm sure someone else will post a different way of doing it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]