Shamans

55 Blood Elf Death Knight
Dear Shamans,

How is everything going for you guys? do you like the changes made to Shamans in MoP?
I'd really love to roll a Shaman and i'd like to know how each Shaman spec is doing at the moment and how they will perform in MoP.

Any information will be great.
Thanks. :D
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Well, all i can tell you is that i have tried out all three specs, and the one im on now, Enhancement, is the most fun. I've played for a while now, and Shaman, so far, is my favorite class. Enhancement is favorite spec. it's fun to play, and if you know what your doing, is good damage, like off the charts. Also great in PvP. Not entirely sure how they will be in MoP, but they are not overpowered right now, so i don't see any reason to Nerf them. Good luck, and welcome to the shamclub
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
It's going to take some getting used to having all these new cooldowns to manage (and keybind :3). But so far I am happy with the changes. I haven't gotten around to leveling on beta yet so I can't comment on Ascendancy (though from what videos I've seen of it, it looks good).

I play Resto/Enh, so I can't comment on Ele either. But,

Resto seems to have a nice split between totem or proc paths. Which one you take I believe will depend on encounter design and raid comp. I think that is great, and I'm glad to see utility is becoming a choice.

Enhancement seems in a good spot, though I'm having a fun time keeping up with all the survivability cooldowns. I might have to actually use a bar addon to manage separate keybinds between specs, because everything is different.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Shamans as a whole are looking very promising. Seems Blizzard is repaying us for years of neglect.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Regardless of what Blizz does, it can't be as bad for us as the start of cata was. (In reference to resto my MS)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Sure it can.
Reply Quote
19 Blood Elf Rogue
What did they do to resto shammy? Do they look good for PvP?

I got a 70 one I am thinking of untwinking and moving to 90 in MoP, for PvP.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
There is something beautiful about LvB being INSTANT on procs.
Also beautiful? Constant, free buffs from existing as a shaman.
Also ALSO beautiful? Having an additional "free raid damage" cooldown

Less beautiful? LvB hits for less to counter sexy instant times
Less beautiful? longer cooldown on windshear

Overall though, the glass feels more than half full for Ele
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
The only thing I dislike about elemental dps in Mists is the lack of huge crits. Critting for big numbers is really nice on my mage and moonkin (when it happens). On my shaman, I trade big numbers for more consistent smaller numbers, and it makes me feel less powerful.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]