Would you like to see lost recipes in Archy?

90 Troll Hunter
This is just a poll. If you would like to see Bliz add lost recipes as rare BoE drops to archeology (e.g. through lootable artifacts), then please post here.

It also kind of fits with the profession, since you're rediscovering historical knowledge.
Edited by Eluvia on 4/27/2012 9:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
I could see that...though I think it would be more interesting if Archeologists found scraps of parchment that a scribe could then piece back into a usable pattern. Perhaps also add old mechanical objects that only engineers could repair, or bits and pieces of armor that crafters could salvage into transmog gear.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
I would support this idea, even though it means I'll have to do a lot more flying around to get to dig sites despite already having every achievement and being presumably done with the profession until Panda.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I dont care how they get old patterns back. Id prefer the trainers had them again but this would at least offer us a way to learn them.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
04/27/2012 09:39 AMPosted by Jozie
I could see that...though I think it would be more interesting if Archeologists found scraps of parchment that a scribe could then piece back into a usable pattern. Perhaps also add old mechanical objects that only engineers could repair, or bits and pieces of armor that crafters could salvage into transmog gear.

Now that would be interesting. Perhaps the drop would be a generic piece that the crafter could "Restore" by adding a few new mats. The crafters would learn a "Restoration" spell from trainers.

There could be different levels of restoration spells based on whether the item is lvl 60, 70, 80, etc. So you would need "Restoration Level 2" to restore a lvl 70 item, for example.
Reply Quote
63 Gnome Mage
Jozie's idea is awesome.

To be specific, I want to be able to recover items like the Might of Menethil, and be able to use it at level 60, for example. There are a surprising number of items no longer attainable in the game that were available before.
Edited by Golly on 4/27/2012 11:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
I would support this. Just as long as I could get the old recipes back somehow.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Jozie's idea is awesome.

To be specific, I want to be able to recover items like the Might of Menethil, and be able to use it at level 60, for example. There are a surprising number of items no longer attainable in the game that were available before.

I like Jozie's idea also, but to be realistic, to implement that would be much more expensive than just taking a list of old item numbers and putting them into drop tables and creating a few lootable archeology common items.
Edited by Eluvia on 4/27/2012 12:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I'd certainly like to see old recipes added to archaeology. But I do have to wonder about what race they'd fall into.

Jozie's idea made me think -- wouldn't it be nice to have at least one archaeology project specific to each profession? We already have Vial of the Sands for alchemists, but I'm thinking some additional projects for engineers, blacksmiths, leatherworkers, and so on would be neat. Maybe this is an old idea, though.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Adding the lost recipes is a dead issue. Its already been requested a lot.

Blizzard isn't not doing it because they don't have ideas on how to do it. They are not doing it because they are NOT doing it, at this time.

If they were to put in the lost recipes, they'd probably be on a vendor. It makes no sense for them to be found in archaeology, since them missing is not related to archaeology.

Step one is them wanting to put the lost ones in the game. There is no "step 2", where players need to suggest ways for them to do it. They'd simply do it, someway, if they wanted to do it. That is the issue.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
04/27/2012 05:36 PMPosted by Kybeorie
Step one is them wanting to put the lost ones in the game. There is no "step 2", where players need to suggest ways for them to do it. They'd simply do it, someway, if they wanted to do it. That is the issue.

I'd be just as happy if they simply put them on vendors, then.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
no
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
No. In my opinion it is much cooler have some very rare items in the game such as recipes, then simply letting the masses have another route to obtain them.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
04/28/2012 04:37 PMPosted by Bubbull
No. In my opinion it is much cooler have some very rare items in the game such as recipes, then simply letting the masses have another route to obtain them.

They can still make the drops very rare.

Adding the lost recipes is a dead issue. Its already been requested a lot.

Blizzard isn't not doing it because they don't have ideas on how to do it. They are not doing it because they are NOT doing it, at this time.

If they were to put in the lost recipes, they'd probably be on a vendor. It makes no sense for them to be found in archaeology, since them missing is not related to archaeology.

I agree, they'll probably never do it. but it's still good to express an opinion.
Edited by Eluvia on 5/1/2012 5:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
04/28/2012 04:37 PMPosted by Bubbull

They can still make the drops very rare.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
If it's implemented properly, this could be a lot of fun. But i don't think they will.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]