(A) <Pantheon> Farewell!

85 Dwarf Shaman
As of April 29, 2012, Pantheon Bloodline of Steamwheedle Cartel will be ending its role as a raiding guild. Druimann (GM) and fellow officers decided to end Pantheon due to an impossible notion to maintain a 25man guild on Steamwheedle Cartel. Pantheon was formed as a 25man guild and it will end as a 25man on this server. Pantheon will remain on this server as a legacy guild to hold those that wish to stay or a place for alts to gather.

Pantheon's History
(Raiding)

Pantheon was formed on Sunday September 30, 2007 amongst a shakey experience in the merging guilds of Conviction, Apex, and Argent Exodus. Even though the beginning was rough, it soon became clear that amongst the turmoil that this would lead to something legendary. Pantheon soon attracted the attention of the server when they became the server first alliance guild to dispose of Vashj (Oct 20th '07) and 2nd server wide behind Honorbound. Then Pantheon took center stage when it took the server first victory over Kael'thas (Nov. 12 '07) with Honorbound taking it only a couple hours later. Since then, Pantheon took the majority of server firsts in 25man raiding throughout the rest of BC, Wotlk, and Cataclysm.

Cataclysm brought many changes to the 25man raiding scene as well as to the rest of Steamwheedle Cartel. 25man guilds began disappearing from our server and it eventually became down to us and Honorbound in the end. Even that did not last as Pantheon became the last bastion for 25man raiders left on Steamwheedle Cartel. Unfortunately here we are today as Pantheon ceased recruiting and ended its raiding career. It was a long struggle to maintain Pantheon over this expansion with the raider turnover so high due to content and numerous other factors.

Notable Kills

• Vashj* (Alliance first)
• Kael’thas
• Archimonde
• Illidan
• M’uru (pre-nerf)
• Kil'jaeden (after-nerf)
• Kel’thuzad (25)
• 3D Sartharion
• Malygos
• Yogg-saron (w/o Keepers)
• Algalon
• H-Anub (50/50 attempts)
• H-Halion
• H-Lich King
• Blackwing Descent (H 6/7)
• Bastion of Twilight (H 2/4)
• Throne of the four winds (H 1/2)
• Sinestra (10man)
• Firelands (H 6/7)
• Dragonsoul (H 6/8)

Dedication to Guild Master's and Officers of Pantheon

Osirax- He was founder of Pantheon and was an ex-leader of Conviction. He was by far the most astounding leader any guild could have. Through his leadership the majority of the rules and procedures were established. He was the foundation for Pantheon!

Tubs
- He was one of the first officers of Pantheon and the ex-leader of Apex. After Osi retired, Tubs took up the chalice and soon proved that he was a more than capable leader. He inspired many, and continued leading us to server firsts!

Bayleron (Derogar)- He was also an officer of Pantheon who after Tubs stepped down in sunwell was promoted to the new GM! He led us to victory against the dreaded guild killer M'uru before 3.0 patch. Took the GM chair once again into Cataclysm as well after Shaorin.

Shaorin (Sylvanai,Lisianthus)- He was a founding officer of Pantheon and the last leader of Conviction. Although he was quiet the majority of times, he soon proved he had what it took to lead Pantheon after Bayleron stepped down. Through the sheer dedication he had, he continued to lead Pantheon to be successful through all of Wrath.

Zale (Talthis) – Founding member of Pantheon who took up the reigns after Bayleron stepped down. Hardships of Cataclysm impacted Pantheon greatly during Zale’s time but for the 7 months of leadership, he endured and Pantheon continued onwards in 25man raiding.

Shaqanna – Founding member of Pantheon who took the reins after Zale. He might not have been GM for very long but kept Pantheon continuing as a 25man raiding guild.

Starroxia- GM of Pantheon into the latter half of Cataclysm who got Pantheon back on its feet and progressed steadily again.

Druimann – Founding member of Pantheon and last GM of Pantheon. He held out while he could and continued to push forward. But, unfortunately, Pantheon itself was teetering and was non-recoverable.

Many thanks to the numerous officers that Pantheon has had over the past 3 years that helped our GM's continue pushing forward. Which include Merklyn, Jaxar, Natasi, Kyrva, Nassarin, Nabashin, Zamzooble, Dagavis, and Frostay. Without them, Pantheon would have ended much earlier.

Also, thank you again to all those that believed in Pantheon throughout the years and helped make Pantheon as successful as it was. And thank you Steamwheedle Cartel for providing a home to such diverse characters. This server was our home and we appreciated all the support that we received from it over the years! We hope that everyone is excited about the changes in Panda Land, and hope for a bright future full of new beginnings in the upcoming years. Good luck!
Edited by Zale on 4/29/2012 9:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
It seems Cata was the end to many 25 man raiding guilds.

I have so many great memories of my time spent raiding in Pantheon and the players I have met here.

Thanks for the good times!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
On behalf of Prophecy, we wish you well on your future endeavors. We're not going anywhere, and we still maintain a fairly stable core of raiders; most weeks we get 2x10s going, and we figure that when MoP comes out we'll fill out enough to get back up to 25s reasonably enough.

I remain optimistic that raiding is not yet defunct on one of the oldest, best RP-PVE servers in the game. You may respectfully disagree if you will.

Regards,
-Tielyn Pawtucking,
GM of Prophecy
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
/Salute Pantheon!

I would not be on this server, nor would <Bad Kitty> even exist if it was not for Pantheon and its raiding! (Much love to the raiding crew back in the BT days who put up with Leisa dragging Taq and I along to any 10man runs she could! <3 <3 <3 )

I am sorry to see one of the last 25man raiding guilds on the server hang its hat, but I do wish all of your members the best of luck in whatever they do next.

Best of luck to you all and I hope to continue to see many of you around SWC!-V
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
It's the end of an era, best of luck to all of the great raiders looking for a home.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
WTB server transfer >paying gold.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
So....are most of you jumping server? just raiding casual? or breaking till panda?

Cata model of (turned on RIGHT before Wrath turned into Cata) 10 and 25 mans sharing the same lockout and then sharing loot crippled the drive to form 25 mans over tens.
For some the change was great, but for larger guilds it was always a lurking problem.

for those moving on, good luck.
for those hagning around, there is still some life on SWC.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
I believe several are seeking places to xfer, a few are staying..depends on who you ask.

This officially makes it that SWC has no more progression 25s (no, aspiring 10x2s don't count). Sad, so sad -.-

WTS heals! WTB sane raid hours >.> This gnome is now in the market!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest

WTS heals! WTB sane raid hours >.> This gnome is now in the market!
lol sane is in the mind of the beholder ;p
Pantheon raided pretty early, like 730 starts?
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
8-11!
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
Good run Pantheon.

Best of luck to you all, wherever you may end up.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
I'd like to thank some of the officers individually for their hard work.

Kaj and Npyro: Your name isn't displayed on the list above, but you went above and beyond the call of duty to keep the guild raiding. Often going against the wishes and desires of the senior officers, you battled their old ways and stagnation with new ideas, and were often met with adversity. You guys truly fought to keep the guild a functioning raiding guild, and worked tooth and nail against the "tried and true" ideology of the leadership.

Zamzooble: Often the voice of reason among the offers, you've been a staple on Steamwheedle Cartel. Whether for Honorbound, Paradigm or Pantheon; you've done the server a service and have also managed to keep the economy somewhat functioning. You've done a remarkable job at keeping the guild faults overflowing. We've had our battles, but no one can deny the work you've done for the guild.

Zale: It was sad to see you step down from the leadership a few short weeks ago, I feel the guild really needed you these last few weeks. You battled the cataclysm and held off the impending doom of Pantheon for quite some time during your leadership. Great job.

To the others, don't be sad at the loss of Pantheon. When some of us were trying new ideas, going out of our way to help, and fighting every tiptoe of the way; others were fighting against us. Some among the leadership put our guild in a state of stagnation, where all of our good players left and the recruitment was halted. Any and all efforts to save the guild were swiftly hamstrung, under the guise of superstition and jealousy. A handful of individuals single-handedly killed Pantheon, and they know who they are.

It's quite selfish really, what a couple people can do to a guild. Or how far their corruption and abuse of power reached. But paranoia and selfishness prevailed. I hope you've recognized your short comings and understand why I was so unrelenting. In these last few weeks, I was concerned about the guild, not your ego or pride.

Rest in peace, Pantheon. To all of our wonderful former and current raiders, thank you so much for everything you've done for the guild. I respect each and every one of you beyond reproach, and I'm so glad we were able to make Pantheon the guild it was. It's been a good run.
Edited by Fact on 4/30/2012 2:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
You guys had a good run. Best of luck in your future endeavors. Some of you guys seemed like cool guys.

Personally, I never tried joining your guild because your hours were just too anti-work friendly. You guys weren't dedicated to 25 mans. You guys were dedicated to four nights of raiding a week despite all evidence it wasn't sustainable.
Edited by Pensive on 4/30/2012 3:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
As much stuff as I start on the forums with messing with people, there are a few people in pantheon that were nice to me for the short while I was on alliance side on alts so I will miss you people. Very unfortunate that all of the 25 man guilds died out and that it started with para, but not much you can do when getting 25 people together is harder than 10 especially when the amount of players still playing on this server is so low. Best of luck to whatever you pantheon people plan on doing with your lives. Zam are you coming back horde side now?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
RIP Paradigm, er wait wrong guild.

But seriously, this sucks to hear. Was fun competing with you folks through Wrath and Cata, hope you guys can find new homes.

Also, technically, Honorbound isn't done yet, and we're just on an extended break til MoP. As far as I know, we're still going to attempt to build a 25 roster up when it does come around. But, we'll see if we can actually do it.
Edited by Freznar on 4/30/2012 5:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
04/30/2012 05:01 PMPosted by Freznar

(all credit goes to Solendrys. 6:45 PM. 4/30/2012)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
04/30/2012 05:04 PMPosted by Solendrys

(all credit goes to Solendrys. 6:45 PM. 4/30/2012)

Guess you should post faster.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Goodnight sweet prince......
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Aw, Pantheon. :(

I know I was there for 6 weeks earlier in the year before RL consumed my soul, but it was an honor to be a part of such a huge part of Steamwheedle!

It's hard to watch you finally fall (Velocity didn't go anywhere near as gracefully as you did) and it's going to be completely different here without you. You changed the game when you stepped on the scene, and you're departure will change things too.

/salute
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
04/30/2012 05:00 PMPosted by Warrcc
Zam are you coming back horde side now?

I have no idea as of now. Sides. Zam already has a Zamboozle.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]