(A) <Pantheon> Farewell!

90 Worgen Hunter
05/03/2012 01:06 PMPosted by Aky
Finkle your avatar is so weird why is the camera so low you look ridiculous.

It was a mix up when pictures were taken. They saw Finkle and assumed to bring a gnome camera tripod. They tilted it as high as it would go. It was better than the first few pictures... all you could see was my hunter's furry junk.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
05/03/2012 07:16 PMPosted by Finkleshot
all you could see was my hunter's furry junk.

mmmmmm
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
Mass exodus to Turalyon, activate!
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
BREAKING NEWS:

THE PIZZA WAS FINALLY MADE THE RIGHT AMOUNT OF SAUCE!

:)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
Oh and Talthis, thanks for recognizing myself and Kaj as former officers of Pantheon. Would've been nice to at least be recognized in the farewell post for the blood, sweat, and tears we poured into Pantheon over the years.
Edited by Fact on 5/5/2012 5:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
05/05/2012 05:10 PMPosted by Fact
Oh and Talthis, thanks for recognizing myself and Kaj as former officers of Pantheon. Would've been nice to at least be recognized in the farewell post for the blood, sweat, and tears we poured into Pantheon over the years.

You don't get to be recognized you anti-Christ, !@#$ lover, guild wrecker!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Remember that time Kaj died in SSC and his body was in the wall and all we saw was his boot?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
I do! I also have fond memories of an albino neighbor who wrecked your interwebs lol.
Reply Quote
44 Gnome Mage
Let's go ahead and give the server a history lesson on how Pantheon fell apart.Starroxia got promoted and stepped down as guild leader. Behind the scenes he consulted with Frostay and promised to make him guild leader when the time came. When Starroxia announced that he was leaving in officer vent, the other officers disagreed with Frostay becoming guildmaster. Druimann was the only one who wanted the job, so he got it.Frostay then continued being idle. This guy stopped recruiting, stopped updating attendance, and even his attendance started suffering. Druimann and Kaj asked me to help recruit more members before our mass exodus began. I declined on several occasions until we had members start to leave, stating that I didn't want to step on any toes and that I had no desire to take up the leadership mantle again.Suarian, our warlock with DTR, decided to ninja transfer. Within hours we had a rogue, druid tank, and shadow priest recruited to take his place. Frostay caught wind that Kaj and I were recruiting, and instantly brought it to Druimann's attention. Frostay was angered cause he felt out of the loop and that I was usurping his authority, and was angered that I was "bumping your own thread and not mine." Druimann tried to get me to work within Frostay's confines, which I was unable to do and still recruit members. I stated that I wanted nothing to do with Frostay, and that the guild would be dead in two weeks if Druimann didn't man up and quit trying to not upset Frostay.I criticized Frostay for not doing his job, and he took screenshots for the leadership to see. Druimann didn't tell any of the officers what was going on when our recruitment status or even that I was helping out. Dagavis and the others criticized me in officer chat, questioning my motives for helping out and trying to unravel my diabolical plan (saving the guild!). Kaj grew more and more discontent as the officers openly trashed me in chat, displaying complete disregard for his feelings. Kaj and I said we wanted to have nothing to do with the leadership of Pantheon, and we didn't want to see the guild die. Thus Pantheon lost two people trying to hold the seams from splitting, and the guild died.So please, if there are any inaccuracies let me know.

And people wonder why so many of us F*** HATE guilds
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
05/05/2012 05:10 PMPosted by Fact

You two left so much, I couldn't remember exactly what you did anymore D:. I wasn't in the Osi club back BC, so I didn't know what you did. But as far as I remember, you two were never Alerion-Knights, so I didn't include you in the officers. Maybe my memory is hazy, I guess my age is catching up. All I remember, the numerous times you've been here, you left in a huff, then somehow make it back. You have so much going for you Ando, I don't know why you waste your time constantly blaming others.

But alas, seems this thread has activated a lot of old SWC reps! Nice to see them all making their appearance again on SWC forums!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
You included Dagavis in the list and he isn't an Alerion-Knight. Did Kaj ever tell you that he was the one that actually came up with the guild ranks? Also, I love Osirax and he was a great guild leader, but I wrote the guild rules. :)
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
Dagavis was an Alerion-Knight during my GMship, so I included him in the list of officers...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
Back when I was an officer of the guild, the "Guardian" rank had a different definition. Alerion-Knights were guild member/raid officers, and Guardian's were guild administration officers. Alerion-Knights dealt with members and raids. Guardians dealt with website and dkp.

Only until recently did it become the 'junior officer' rank.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
Alerion-Knights...Reminds me of .Hack

Damage done to the evil shaped one,
too massive to compare.
Balmung of the Azure Sky,
Orca of the Azure Sea,
together they gallop at full speed.
In the depth of my bosom,
your names shall remain.
You are none other than the descendants of Fianna.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
Back when I was an officer of the guild, the "Guardian" rank had a different definition. Alerion-Knights were guild member/raid officers, and Guardian's were guild administration officers. Alerion-Knights dealt with members and raids. Guardians dealt with website and dkp.

Only until recently did it become the 'junior officer' rank.

....I'm quite sure things changed a lot after your departure....departures, many departures. To recall them is great, but it is getting a little tiring.

While I'm sure there is a point to all this I think I lost it halfway. I just find this constant "When I was the hotshot before I left, I made it THIS WAY." and "I am a SENIOR FOUNDING MEMBER!" and "Back in MY day yadda yadda yadda yadda" very very tiring. I left. You left. Everyone left. You left more than once I might add, over quite a span of time. To a point where (looking at Tal's post) the guild sounds like your own private revolving door which totally destroys any 'seniority credibility' you think you should have - respect of that sort goes to those that sticks around and stuck around to the end regardless of how tough it was - which I also want to add, you did not even see it to the end either, you left one week before the official announcement.

Not chiding you for not sticking around since y'know, who wants to be on a sinking ship? But at least get a hold of yourself and stop saying stuff like "senior" and suggesting stuff like "founding member" in every other post when in reality, half the guild in its end days doesn't know who you are and the other half doesn't care.

It's just sorta annoying. Don't crow over somebody's grave on how you brought the guy to be, 'complain/lament' how different the guy is now and then demand acknowledgement of your 'hard work' when a) you were not really there from start to finish and b) you weren't even there to see the guy off in his final days c) a true senior member that was there start to finish says he doesn't remember much about you outside of "you kept coming and going".

Just sorta...reeks. Totally shameless.
Edited by Zamboozle on 5/6/2012 10:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Teehee
Edited by Hellsworn on 5/7/2012 5:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
As one of Pantheon's biggest troll's in the early days, it is still sad to see them end.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest

I crow over my accomplishments, and putting the bullet in Pantheon's(Pantheon in name only) head was an honor. What senior member? That member is ignorant. Just because they don't remember because they weren't involved doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Not you. Ando. While I appreciate his (and your) efforts in helping the guild and your efforts in defending him I think you're taking the apology notes the wrong way - I don't think any of them feel sorry for what they said about Ando, but rather, they feel sorry they you're his brother and your feelings are probably hurt over it - doesn't exactly mean they don't mean what they said (instead Ando actually sent one back to ME after his last official ragequit). There is a difference.

There has not been a single instance were he did not drop the words "I made this guild", "I poured blood and sweat into this guild" and "I'm a senior founding member" when talking to me. Tiring. Very tiring. Day one he rejoins after what I could only guess, another sour gquit and within 24 hrs I get a full history lecture on how he made the guild with his blood and sweat, how he had a hard in founding it and how he disapproves of how things are being run now. Taken into consideration that the previous GM more or less gave a full baring warning about Andomin to his 'chosen candidate" before passing on the baton (unsuccessfully, handling it so horrifyingly bad and tactless to a point where you get the mess that is now), and that the successive GMs BEFORE that GM ALSO sounded sirens upon seeing his mere name on the forums, I cannot help but facepalm hard as I listened to his words of sweat and tears.

My first action: "Ok...ok...ok.../nod nod nod"
My gut reaction: "So why didn't you stay and make an effort to make things how you want? =.=, and why does every other GM/person in power seemed to have a paragraph of warning on you? What the hell did you do you even GET such a rap? Why why why?"

And then bad happen. And every last thing the GMs of PanPast wrote/warned/screamed about upon seeing Andomin rejoin guild came true, one by one. You can't even say I'm biased against the guy because I wasn't even in guild when those GMs were 'in power'. I looked at it from a 3rd person's view with a list of warnings and went "wow, gee, this is sorta scary, they're all coming true".

So yes, it is rather tiring. Yes, perhaps he did what he did and had a hand in what is Pantheon now, but given his rap sheet and how it seems, every single GM but Osi could not tolerate him, crowing about it every other sentence is probably the last, last, last thing that will get him what he want - acknowledgement and respect. I HAD it. I really did. Before the mess started I always knew he was one of the originals. So I acknowledged it. And then he had to go 'SENIOR FOUNDING MEMBER' and 'I POURED BLOOD AND SWEAT INTO THIS GUILD' for the 4th time/at every possible chance with tons of 'words of disapproval' like he actually still had a say in the guild within 24 hrs of return from the abyss. What respect and acknowledgement I had devolved into "-_-" and then into even less pleasant thoughts when the whole shtick started. Remember what we talked about when you were contemplating on how to bring him back to Pantheon? When you were thinking how in the world were you going to get him past the OTHERS given his rap sheet? You knew of his history, you yourself were hesitant. You had the sense to give it some thought and consult others on how to go about it so you'll be successful in your quest to bring him back into the fold. So I'm not sure why you are defending him right now when the very thing you were worried about now came true and it's all blown up in a colorful display of drama.

In short? My view? Guy has a good heart but like the previous GM, lacks the tact to actually put it to good use, and in his case it ended up biting him back in return. He prides himself on not having a single clue about guild structure and politics...unfortunately had he actually had some idea of how it works, he would've probably never been hated in the first place years past. Now it's just a lot of self victimizing and thinking the entire guild is out to get him for no reason when in truth, he probably fumbled halfway in his 'crusade' and pissed everyone off without knowing it. Or he knew it, and simply blamed everyone BUT him for it.

And the many gquits and returns didn't help. But I think you know that already. You yourself had the sense upon return to not toss that half-decayed 'seniority' badge that nobody recognized around. No..you were very aware of your surroundings and even upon promotion to JrO you were hesitant in speaking up because "you were new". Had your brother had half your 'guild sense', this probably would never have happened. Heck, he probably would've been GM by now or one of the GMs of old. Food for thought?
Edited by Zamboozle on 5/7/2012 8:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
37 Night Elf Druid
Man, I didn't even get to contribute to this mess.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Armpit.
Edited by Hellsworn on 5/7/2012 5:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]