Transmutation Master?

90 Night Elf Hunter
Help!!!! I just push a blood elf hunter, professions alchemy and herbalism, to lvl 80 and decided I wanted to be a transmutation master. A search of the WoW forums gave me NO information on how to do that, or what the requirements are, other than paying 150g to "switch" specializations. Problem: I've not done a potion or elixir master specialization, so the "pay-to-switch" option isn't an option. Like I said, I'm lvl 80 with 457/525 alchemy level.

Everything on the WoW-related websites keeps wanting me to (a) see the NPC in Stormspire and do transmutes of primals (removed from the game long ago), or (b) see an alchemy trainer in any faction capital city to get the quest for one of the masteries. I've visited the alchemy trainers in Silvermoon City, Undercity, Orgrimmar, and Thunder Bluff and none of them have the quests.

What lvl do I need to be? What alchemy level do I need? Who REALLY has the quest for alchemy masteries?
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
Level to 85 and your trainer will give you a quest to choose your specialty
Edited by Kurly on 4/30/2012 9:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Thanks ..... sure wish that information was listed somewhere. But, thanks to you, I now know. Can't get a mastery until lvl 85. Got it. And thanks again.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest
04/30/2012 09:08 AMPosted by Kurly
Level to 85 and your trainer will give you a quest to choose your specialty

You do not need to be 85 to pick a specialization.

"Once an alchemist reaches 475 skill, they can learn a specialization from trainers."

Elixir Master

Bring a variety of flasks to an alchemy trainer in any capital city.
Flask of the Draconic Mind (2)
Flask of the Winds (2)
Flask of Steelskin (2)
Flask of Titanic Strength (2)

Transmutation Master:
Bring the requested materials to an alchemy trainer in any capital city.
Truegold (4) Potion Master:

Bring a large supply of potions to an alchemy trainer in any capital city.
Mythical Healing Potion (6)
Mythical Mana Potion (6)
Potion of Treasure Finding (2)
Reply Quote
91 Dwarf Paladin
475 alchemy requires level 75 as well I believe. It also means you have to transmute titanium without mastery now :(
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
04/30/2012 10:47 AMPosted by Tawnos
475 alchemy requires level 75 as well I believe. It also means you have to transmute titanium without mastery now :(

While leveling, yes. However, you can still get procs off of titanium just like you could always get procs off of arcanite bars.
Reply Quote
91 Dwarf Paladin
04/30/2012 11:18 AMPosted by Jozie

While leveling, yes. However, you can still get procs off of titanium just like you could always get procs off of arcanite bars.

Sure, but transmuting titanium was previously far and away the best source of skillups in the range for which it was applicable. Now its at least questionable since you will lose your normal rate of mastery procs (assuming you already had or had access to another transmute master). I gave up on doing the math as to whether other skillup routes were less of a gold loss and just went with the standard of doing titanium for most of the possible skillups when I leveled up my last alchemist.
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Priest
How could you not find this on wowhead? You just go to Database - Professions & Skills - Alchemy, click the quest tab on related.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Mage
Shrug. The information is out there, because I did alch during cata. Wowhead, wowwiki...
Search google for wowwiki transmute master. The first link had the info.
you need 4 truegold bars now for the xmute master.
Edited by Lolzimawolf on 5/1/2012 9:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]