System survey

(Locked)

85 Human Paladin
When will it be turned off?
90 Night Elf Priest
It's just stuff like seeing how many processors you have, memory, video card.

Basically information so that they know what to target and support.

I don't see it ever going away for good?

This entire post is just my five cents. Yatta-yatta.
85 Human Paladin
it's been a week since it was turned on. This isn't the first time it's effecting me as well; 3 weeks out of 3 months.
86 Troll Druid

Yeah. Well this crap keeps Dial-up users from playing. They cannot play WoW for weeks at a time. I am not one of those players, but my best friend is, and this game isn't half fun to me if I don't play with my friend.

We aren't asking what it is, we know.

We want it be to be turned the eff off, it has been a week which is how long this thing is supposed to last.

I apologize for my snarkiness, but I am grumpy over this whole issue.
Edited by Thuranda on 4/30/2012 5:50 PM PDT
MVP - Customer Support
90 Tauren Druid
How is it "affecting" you? Is there some problem, beyond the fact that it's collecting data?

Keep in mind that by agreeing to the Terms of Use, you have agreed to allow Blizzard to harvest this sort of information.
"Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle."
80 Orc Mage

Some users, especially those who still use Dial-Up(shutter) and DSL , cannot log into the game when the survery is activated. Something prevents the survey from running and thus they cannot connect.
Edited by Yousel on 4/30/2012 5:50 PM PDT
90 Night Elf Rogue

Some users, especially those who still use Dial-Up(shutter) and DSL , cannot log into the game when the survery is activated. Something prevents the survey from running and thus they cannot connect.

Dial-up is no longer supported so there isn't really much they can do about it. The minimum requirements are a broadband internet connection of some sort. There are always going to be errors with things that are no longer being supported.
85 Human Paladin
How is it "affecting" you? Is there some problem, beyond the fact that it's collecting data?

Keep in mind that by agreeing to the Terms of Use, you have agreed to allow Blizzard to harvest this sort of information.
"Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle."

it's effects are lost time played for myself, lost players in raids, farming mats, and progression for the guilds. It's not the information that's the problem it's the lack of support and ability to play.
86 Troll Druid
Bumping because our question hasn't been answered yet. When is this damn thing being turned off if 7 days have already passed?
Support Forum Agent
I checked on the survey, and it should be taken down later today. However, I wasn't given an exact ETA.
If you can't find a solution to your issue, feel free to contact a Support Representative directly for further assistance. Their contact information can be found at the following link: http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/contact.html

I'm available on the forums Monday through Friday from 11AM to 8PM Pacific Time
85 Human Warlock
ok now its my turn. Its been a total of seven days. its currently 12 am est. why the hell is this survey not done yet? time lost cannot be regained. 7 days without being able to play wow is wearing thin on my patience.
85 Human Rogue
04/30/2012 09:03 PMPosted by Youandme
ok now its my turn. Its been a total of seven days. its currently 12 am est. why the hell is this survey not done yet? time lost cannot be regained. 7 days without being able to play wow is wearing thin on my patience.
85 Night Elf Hunter
Im not saying what Dankorii reported to us was BS on his part, I'm thinking he got told a line BS to report to us.

Not once has it ever gone past 7 days, to the hour! I remember the last 7 day survey, there was about 12 of us counting down to the hour, and sure as !@#$, when that hour hit, we were able to log.

I'm thinking this survey is going to last much longer than we're told...

And isn't tomorrow morning server downtime as well? Or do we get an off day? Not like it matters at this point I guess.
85 Human Rogue
Annoying tbh. This is the first time to affect me. I can't imagine this a multitude of times.
85 Night Elf Hunter
What pissed me off the most is the fact that even though we use a "Non-Supported" way to log on, we still pay with the almighty Dollar, which Blizz has no problem accepting from us.

We're not asking to have support on 25man Raids, we're just asking to be honest with us and not run us in circles.

What the plan with the Survey? All we want to know. Not maybe, not someday, not should...FFS tell us never if it's the truth, just tell us.

I don't know, but I would think they would be honest with us since in reality, we are paying for a service that we cannot fully utilize (Yes I know, our decision)
85 Night Elf Hunter
Gouchgobbler
70 Human Rogue
Virtuosity

Annoying tbh. This is the first time to affect me. I can't imagine this a multitude of times.

Use to happen, maybe every 4-6 months. I think this is the 3 time in as many months.
And before some troll claims it's because of the MoP beta testers, fine, Survey them but leave my !@#$ alone!
85 Human Warlock
Yea it really sucks. youd think theyd realize theres more players on dial up than they originally thought and have a setting for us dial up users to use.
85 Human Rogue
Well we aren't all on dial up. I'm not. I think it's just affecting a certain internet speed. I could be wrong, but I have a low end DSL internet which is still highspeed.
85 Night Elf Hunter
04/30/2012 09:24 PMPosted by Gouchgobbler
Well we aren't all on dial up. I'm not. I think it's just affecting a certain internet speed. I could be wrong, but I have a low end DSL internet which is still highspeed.

Your correct, Davishton is also on another form other than Dial-Up and having issues.
85 Night Elf Hunter
Even then, how difficult is it to make it a Random Survey, or Email Survey, or Click the box surveys, or increase the time out, timer so we can upload the info before we get dropped.

It amazes me, I can download 200mb patch (Which honestly takes about 24-30hrs) and be able to run fine after that, but people who can download the same patch in 3 minutes have issues afterwards. See what Im saying here? Something isn't right lol
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]