"forgetting a profession"

90 Blood Elf Hunter
I was thinking it would be good in MoP if you decided to forget (unlearn) a profession you could but all your knowledge would be stored in the Akashic Records. That way if you decided to return to that profession, your knowledge could be recalled from the "pool of all knowledge" and you wouldn't have to level said profession from the beginning. Perhaps we would have to pay a fee in gold to have these valuable memories restored but it would be worth it.
Reply Quote
I don`t agree at all with this idea... Basically, it would mean that I would only have to level one toon to 90 (MoP) and then learn each profession..

Do a raid and get access to a BS recipe ? Switch to BS and learn it... Redo and find an Alchemy recipe ? Switch again and learn it...

This would basically eliminate the need for having alts...
Reply Quote
Changing professions should be a choice with consequences.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
It would be better if it stored your non-trainer recipes that you had aquired, but only released them to be relearned after you leveled back up to the required level.

05/01/2012 11:21 AMPosted by Jozie
Changing professions should be a choice with consequences.
I agree.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
That way if you decided to return to that profession, your knowledge could be recalled from the "pool of all knowledge" and you wouldn't have to level said profession from the beginning.

Why should we have to level them at all, let alone jump through hoops to collect all those recipes?
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest

Do a raid and get access to a BS recipe ? Switch to BS and learn it... Redo and find an Alchemy recipe ? Switch again and learn it...

This would basically eliminate the need for having alts...

I don't think this would be good for the economy in the big picture. There's a reason they want various professions to be interdependent. You can already circumvent the restriction by leveling alts.

Asking for more is asking too much.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
With the OP's idea, do we ever see people buying ore, leather, herbs on the AH again?

Want BS and JC? Just mine a bunch, switch out of mining, level those professions, forget the profession, switch back to mining, etc.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
With the OP's idea, do we ever see people buying ore, leather, herbs on the AH again?

Want BS and JC? Just mine a bunch, switch out of mining, level those professions, forget the profession, switch back to mining, etc.

No serious gold maker mines or picks herbs. They buy it on the AH. I don't even remember when the last time I mined was. And I've sold thousands of gems.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]