Looting problems

84 Dwarf Hunter
Okay i know this happens alot and blizzard said i should write detailed post of possible changes to protect it from happening anymore.

I run dungeons and when u get some high lvls(item lvls) in dungeons that drop lower item lvl item they are needing BOE items to sell. if no one needs then i have no problem with it but when lower lvl person needs they should have first call on item.

My thought is this if they can make where only certain players can need in higher lvl dungeons why not the lower 85 dungeons also... if ur iten lvl is higher then the item u are needing u should not beable to need it. since ur item lvl can not be much higher then the highest item.

I know u would think they would be nice enough to let the lower get but doesnt always happen that way. and i know alot do the right thing. I am not that much into the programing thing and how it can be done but action should be taken on this. If any one has any good ideas please post and please no spamming if u do not agree then fine.
Reply Quote
1 Night Elf Druid
Okay i know this happens alot and blizzard said i should write detailed post of possible changes to protect it from happening anymore.

I run dungeons and when u get some high lvls(item lvls) in dungeons that drop lower item lvl item they are needing BOE items to sell. if no one needs then i have no problem with it but when lower lvl person needs they should have first call on item.

My thought is this if they can make where only certain players can need in higher lvl dungeons why not the lower 85 dungeons also... if ur iten lvl is higher then the item u are needing u should not beable to need it. since ur item lvl can not be much higher then the highest item.

I know u would think they would be nice enough to let the lower get but doesnt always happen that way. and i know alot do the right thing. I am not that much into the programing thing and how it can be done but action should be taken on this. If any one has any good ideas please post and please no spamming if u do not agree then fine.

The only looting problem here is you worrying so much about what other people do with the loot that they win.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
aus
All level 85 boe items if needed in a lfd dungeon become bind on Pickup. They can't need to resell.

Everything else in your post is biased to help you to the detriment of others.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
05/01/2012 09:16 PMPosted by Acenstorm
but when lower lvl person needs they should have first call on item.

More incentive to suck is bad game design.

PS;
glyphs will help you more than any gear you've complained about in your post.
Edited by Asanenine on 5/2/2012 1:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
kelras first thing is this why would a person with item lvl 397 want to get item 316 u would hit higher lvls dungeons for the gear or like u said trade with player in them. most would get runs with guild and they would help u get gear.

When what is happening is effecting my nephew i post to see if anything can be done to help lower lvls in dungeons. i am not saying that high lvls have no right but lower lvls should have first call if they need. just like in higher dungeons. that is why i posted for feedback how and if it can be done without hurting anyone.

coming in saying not to worry what other people do is funny to me cause i exspected people to do that.

i understand most people do not care but i am aiming for those that do that want positive changes and not just stuff to help higher lvls twink out. so i will ask again for any positive feedback to any possible change to this. if u do not believe a change would be good that is your feeling about it.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
you should teach your nephew that he is not entitled to anything over anyone else in any situation where both ppl worked for the reward. this would do him much more good than coming to the forums and asking others to forgo what they earned for the benefit of your nephew.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
05/02/2012 12:23 PMPosted by Drakulich
you should teach your nephew that he is not entitled to anything over anyone else in any situation where both ppl worked for the reward. this would do him much more good than coming to the forums and asking others to forgo what they earned for the benefit of your nephew.

Bet he's on the dole, lol
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
wow that is feedback i guess i dont know why so many do not understand but what ever lost cause i guess. i guess a game that is fair for everyone is not what we want we just want people to take and not relize this is a game we should be nice to each other. i will hit low lvls and need everything since its okay. and in the process i wil be booted and called everything i can think of but if i bring up a problem then its different.

All i was trying is to see if there is a way to allow a lower lvl that need an item preference over a high lvl just trying to sell what they get or get secondary set for of spec. at no point did i say that they should not be allowed but the lower lvl player should be able to get a lvl 316 item over a player who is item lvl 397.

and if u ran dungeon high lvl would just use vp or jp for gear....
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
rofl. why do ppl like you always presume that objections to your proposal are due to lack of comprehension rather than it being a bad idea?

let me ask you this: when you play monopoly with your nephew, does he not have to pay you rent when he lands on your property simply because he has less money or properties than you do? when you play parcheesi/sorry with your nephew, do you not send his men home when you land on the square they occupy? when your nephew is running in a foot race at the track meet, do you expect the runners that happen to be slightly taller than your nephew to run slower than normal so that they don't get to the finish line before your precious snowflake? at your nephew's soccer game, do you expect his team-mates to always pass him the ball so that he is the only one that ever gets a shot on goal or scores a point?

i really hope the answer to all of these questions is no. if not, your nephew has bigger troubles ahead of him than losing a loot roll in warcraft. if the answer is no, why do you suddenly expect players in warcraft to ignore established rules for his benefit? you are robbing your nephew of some important life lessons: how to play within the rules of a game and how to accept loss graciously rather than valuing winning at all costs. your nephew needs to learn good sportsmanship and your suggestion, if it were adopted, would do him more harm than good in the long run.
Edited by Drakulich on 5/3/2012 1:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Death Knight
stop babying your nephew, and he'll learn life lessons.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
All these threads about looting.
Must be a lot of earthquakes, floods and riots happening inside instance portals these days...
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
hm... what i do not understand is why a question about changing to help lower lvls was posible or could be done with out causeing problems. turned into that a kid is messed up and how im screwed up for seeing if something could be done.

Its simple there really is no fair way would have been the proper response. out of everything said only Drakulich made sense to the question and i know what she is saying and understand it. even though i had to read it all. her comment was all i thought i would get not nit picking everything.

05/03/2012 01:28 PMPosted by Drakulich
your nephew needs to learn good sportsmanship and your suggestion, if it were adopted, would do him more harm than good in the long run.

I am just comfused at why some would respond so negitive over a simple question and talk down on a child he was pissed not upset. he calmed down but he put ticket in and was told to post so i posted exspecting that there was no way to change it. then he reads this crap that is what the problem is now. Kinda funny when all u do kelras is look for post to talk bad about and dont post anything good.
Edited by Acengods on 5/3/2012 9:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]