Auction House Prices for Lower Level Gear.

85 Human Hunter
So I'm on my rogue of which I recently made and I'm wearing pants that I should probably replace, I thought to myself "I know! I'll go check the auction house! Surely there's better pants in there that will be reasonably priced for my level that is 37!" How wrong I was.

Seriously? Level 30ish gear that's being charged like 600+ gold? WTF?! I went to the streets (trade chat) to see what the hell was up. Most of the replies I got were "Welcome to the age of transmogfrogmogric!" and I'm like "This is retarded." So I say unto you now players of Tichondrius!

Cut the bull!@#$ and just go find the gear you want to transmofrogric and not charge it a ridiculous amount of gold. There may be lower level players like myself who've just joined the server that have the need or want to go to the auction house to look for better gear, which is what the auction house if for.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin

Cut the bull!@#$ and just go find the gear you want to transmofrogric and not charge it a ridiculous amount of gold. There may be lower level players like myself who've just joined the server that have the need or want to go to the auction house to look for better gear, which is what the auction house if for.

The auction house is actually for selling goods that other players want.

Other players want transmog gear. So, you sell transmog gear on the auction house and they buy it. 600 gold is pennies to a level 85, but is a high sum for a brand new character on a brand new server. That's not the players fault, that's blizzards fault for designing the game that way.

Besides, you should probably stop complaining and start leveling. You'll get a better quest reward down the line to replace those pants than you would buying from the AH anyway, and you won't have to spend a dime to do it. Not to mention your gear at low levels barely matters. You level so fast now days anyway, there really is no point in wasting the gold.
Reply Quote
98 Undead Mage

The auction house is actually for selling goods that other players want.

Other players want transmog gear. So, you sell transmog gear on the auction house and they buy it. 600 gold is pennies to a level 85, but is a high sum for a brand new character on a brand new server. That's not the players fault, that's blizzards fault for designing the game that way.

Besides, you should probably stop complaining and start leveling. You'll get a better quest reward down the line to replace those pants than you would buying from the AH anyway, and you won't have to spend a dime to do it. Not to mention your gear at low levels barely matters. You level so fast now days anyway, there really is no point in wasting the gold.

^ what they said

ALso, AH is a free market...dont like the prices? 1. Get the items yourself or 2. dont buy it and move on.. simple as that
Edited by Cannibully on 5/2/2012 8:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
05/02/2012 08:12 AMPosted by Caeless
Not to mention your gear at low levels barely matters. You level so fast now days anyway, there really is no point in wasting the gold.

My alt hit level 80 with a level 35 belt before I bought a new one off the AH. Winner.
Reply Quote
14 Orc Shaman
So I'm on my rogue of which I recently made and I'm wearing pants that I should probably replace, I thought to myself "I know! I'll go check the auction house! Surely there's better pants in there that will be reasonably priced for my level that is 37!" How wrong I was.

Seriously? Level 30ish gear that's being charged like 600+ gold? WTF?! I went to the streets (trade chat) to see what the hell was up. Most of the replies I got were "Welcome to the age of transmogfrogmogric!" and I'm like "This is retarded." So I say unto you now players of Tichondrius!

the prices on our server are pretty low...
some servers prices are between like 5-10k
http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1087089-Post-your-Transmog-sales!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
05/02/2012 04:25 PMPosted by Caillean
gear you want to transmofrogric

what the HELL?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
SOMEONE GIVE ME GOLD I CAN AFFORD GEAR!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
05/04/2012 05:10 PMPosted by Caillean
Can anyone spare 100g i need to buy mount training, ill pay you back.

if you're serious pst me in game.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
05/03/2012 08:32 PMPosted by Fluffybunz
Economics how do you work?

This
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Composed with the new player in mind.

This is an auction house farming trend that has spread very quickly in the past few months across most servers in both the US and EU. The buying of all low level gear not just the sought after transmog items and reposting them at 5000 to 10,000 percent mark-ups. Farmers sweep the auction houses regularly to keep the market cornered thus leaving their insane prices as the only option in town outside of quest rewards, world / dungeon drops and crafted items. Rumor on some boards is that the trend originated from the gold selling web sites where armies of farmers are fielded to each server to earn gold and stockpile it for sale as well as causing an artificial virtual world inflation thus increasing the demand for gold. The auction house both is fast and convenient but other options exist and you do not have to allow yourself to be ripped off.

If you're new to the game and are selecting professions for your first character try choosing professions that match your class and would allow you gear yourself. Mage / Priest / Warlocks make fine tailor / enchanters. Paladin / Warriors = blacksmith / miners etc. Don't forget you are not alone in your efforts. You can supplement your professions by asking other players to craft items for you. Find the NPC profession trainers in the major cities. Even if the professions are not your own you can still scroll through the trainable items for each profession to learn what's available and learn the materials required to craft them. If you correlate your character leveling with your profession leveling, join a fair guild where others who have come before you are willing to offer crafting aid, combine it all with quest and dropped rewards you'll never need the auction house for gear. Well never need except to sell your own goods and undercut the farmers for fun.

If power leveling is your thing or if part time play schedules make profession development too slow then spend some time researching dungeon drop items, rare elite monsters and treasure boxes that spawn in each zone. There are 7 rare elites in the plaguelands alone all dropping gear in the low 40's which seems to be a favorite level for farmers targeting gear as many classes receive the armor upgrade skill (Mail to Plate - Leather to Mail etc.. ) and players eagerly re-equip from head to toe once they hit level 40. All zones have rare elites, treasure boxes and many have dungeons so get out there, bring some guild mates to back you up on the tough fights and grab the goods while the farmers sit on their backsides in the auction houses endlessly reposting the hundreds of items that they could not sell the day before. And don't be shy to go head to head with the farmers. Deals can be still be found on the auction house so check often and you can beat them to it.

As you advance level in both character and professions you can easily take advantage of the situation. Undercutting the farmers with crafted items in bulk will give other low level players an alternative as well as turn a profit for you. If farmers are posting items that are valued at just a few silver for 500 gold post 5 or 10 crafted items of similar level and stats for 50 gold each thus forcing the farmer to buy all of your items to stay in business or lose buyers to you in turn. If they do farm all your items and repost them at marked-up rates then do follow-up by crafting and posting more. No better way to flame a farmer than to undercut him or her with their own bulk purchases. Virtual inflation is a pain but it can allow you reap greater profits once you learn the key craftable items that are most popular for character leveling.

Take heart once you hit 85 the world opens up to you. Transferable auto-scaling account bound weapons and gear from honor points, guild level rewards and don't overlook the argent tournament. Great account bound gear from easy to acquire champion points once you've achieved a few faction reps. Heck you'll even get the crusader title as a bonus. Low level gear did not always cost this much and it can be annoying but you can adapt to it and even turn a profit. And that's pretty much the primary skill for any WOW player: Adapt or Fail.

I've done both.
Adapting is way better.
Edited by Fezzywig on 6/2/2012 4:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
06/04/2012 05:30 AMPosted by Avort
anyone else stop reading at moon guard?

I stopped with, 1. He's a gnome, 2. He's from Moonguard, 3. I looked at "Composed with new player in mind," And thought, "Not worth my time!"
Reply Quote
14 Orc Shaman
Actually he's from Quel'Dorei
sheesh get it right.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]