Server imbalances, posted in customer support

87 Troll Druid
over the years Stormrage-US horde has lost more and more people, you actually once offered a free server transfer off our server due to overloading. Most of those who left were horde, thus a server that was already unbalanced to the alliance side experienced a mass horde exodus to area 52 which, unsurprisingly, is almost entirely horde.

My issue is that I cannot maintain a 25m guild anymore, I cannot create groups to do BGs together, I cannot make groups to do instances, I cannot make groups to do raids. You require that to do these things I give you around $250 to move all my characters to a server that is balanced, or imbalanced in 'my favor' though that last would involve not being able to do tb. You do not offer free transfers from servers with too many horde to servers with too few horde, you, imo, intentionally keep imbalanced servers as they are to collect extra money. The problem is you also lose millions of subscribers due to anger and mistrust. Even if you delete this thread, I highly recommend that you forward my words to someone that matters, someone that can do something, because I will be one of the millions that decide that you just don't give a damn anymore about your subs, that you only care about the money. Put all the money you want into MOP, it doesn't matter, if you don't care for all the aspects of gameplay then you will wither as a gaming company.

Be proactive, solve my SERIOUS gaming problems of not being able to function in groups, get people to move off unbalanced servers in such a way as to balance other servers and the servers they come from. We cannot play like this...the guild I'm in has been here since classic and cata has reduced us from a 25m guild with competition to raid to a 10m guild that often doesn't get to raid. It's been over a year since we've had a serious applicant, and we've seen countless quit the game entirely because of the state you've left our server in.

Let me reiterate at the last: This is not chance, you have helped kill our server and thousands on it that have given up hope.
Edited by Bavarcarus on 5/8/2012 8:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
04/25/2012 10:35 PMPosted by Bavarcarus
get people to move off unbalanced servers in such a way as to balance other servers and the servers they come from.

Blizzard cannot force people to play on your server and faction.
Reply Quote
87 Troll Druid
but they can make faction specific free transfers to our server from servers that are overpopulated on horde. They can leave that free transfer open until the servers are more balanced, why has this not been at least TRIED?
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
No, blizzard can't force someone to play on our server, but they can try to get them to move like offering free transfers, free mounts, or the like. They have no problem doing that to get people to move off a server or getting people to come back to the game. But then again, you are alliance and blizz does do whatever it can to help your faction out since the majority of the people who play are alliance. Don't want to make the majority of the players mad and have them leave. That's why when Cata came out and the over populated side of the server, (alliance) could only win TB by paying the horde to loss, Blizzard knocked itself out to end that problem. Now, the underpopulated side (horde) can almost never get it back since we are always outnumbered because we can't get the numbers to 25 to reach the magical "1 for 1" ratio. I pay just as much as you do for your subscription but since my faction is in the minority it feels like our, (horde) concerns just aren't important enough.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I couldn't agree more. What's more, because the Horde population is TINY, levelling characters can't afford to buy anything on the Auction House, because everyone wants to make money, supply is scarce, so gouging is becoming a major problem.

I tried to buy a green-quality chest piece for my warlock. A MIDDLING-quality green was being sold for 800g. It's getting demoralizing and ridiculous, and it's completely fixable. I agree wholeheartedly with Bava.
Reply Quote
87 Troll Druid
I don't agree that blizzard favors either side, it isn't in their interest, but balance must be maintained if they expect to have a decent gaming community. Imbalance leads to people getting frustrated with the game. Blizzard MUST try to get people to transfer to balance servers, both those who are overpopulated on horde and alliance. Why? It isn't fun when you have less than 500 online at a time.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
well, its ridiculous to say the least. our server SR-US, is something like 99.9% ally (gross exaggeration, but ya know what i mean) thing is, is instead of trying, they are all going ally.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
This thread will no doubt be deleted or moved, but I'll go ahead and chime in anyway.

The Horde situation on Stormrage is truly terrible. The economy is virtually non-existent, it's becoming extremely hard to pug any raid, and Alliance stroll casually through Org like they own the place. Over the years I've seen more and more Horde players transfer to a more balanced server. At times I wish I could do the same, but my friends are still here, and more importantly, I don't have an extra $250 to transfer all my toons, nor do I think I should be forced to pay that kind of money just to find a more balanced server.

I would love for Blizzard to open up a free transfer for Horde to Stormrage. Do I think it's going to happen? Sadly, no.
Reply Quote
86 Tauren Hunter
I agree but I am even open for Blizzard to be so kind to offer Free Faction Changes for the Alliance to move to Horde.

That would repopulate the server nicely, or at least I hope it would. I have been on Stormrage for over 3 years now. I started as Alliance and moved over to Horde to play with Family and Friends. I have spent hundreds of dollars to play with my family and friends and now most of them are gone or stopped playing all together. I really do not relish the idea of spending all that money yet again to enjoy playing.

I am not much into raiding so I cannot speak on that aspect but what I do enjoy is hanging around with people, doing things together and playing to AH to a degree. I remember the days of auctioneer taking almost 45min to scan the AH.... now it takes less than 10.

Last time I checked it was about 117,000 Alliance to about 18,000 Horde. This is according to http://wow.realmpop.com/us-stormrage.html

Not sure if anyone likes the idea, but giving the Alliance free faction transfers sounds like a good idea to me.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
04/25/2012 10:53 PMPosted by Odindapuff
No, blizzard can't force someone to play on our server, but they can try to get them to move like offering free transfers, free mounts, or the like. They have no problem doing that to get people to move off a server or getting people to come back to the game. But then again, you are alliance and blizz does do whatever it can to help your faction out since the majority of the people who play are alliance. Don't want to make the majority of the players mad and have them leave. That's why when Cata came out and the over populated side of the server, (alliance) could only win TB by paying the horde to loss, Blizzard knocked itself out to end that problem. Now, the underpopulated side (horde) can almost never get it back since we are always outnumbered because we can't get the numbers to 25 to reach the magical "1 for 1" ratio. I pay just as much as you do for your subscription but since my faction is in the minority it feels like our, (horde) concerns just aren't important enough.

Many players enjoy playing on an unbalanced realm, especially those that do not PvP. Blizzard has 246 realms that all players have access to for the cost of their subscription fee. Players will gravitate towards the realms with the community they desire. Some like under-populated, some like over-populated, some like balanced, some like not balanced.... Why does your opinion matter above anyone elses?

Customer Support is not a means to communicate with the development staff that handles population issues. No one here will forward your message, and those who can do something, do not read this forum. Just like we tell the players who come here complaining about queues to log on - you have to post a constructive suggestion on the General Forum.I wouldn't try pulling the race card though (horde) since the majority of the top 20 realms are unbalanced in favor of horde. Yours just happens to be a rare top 20 realm with a .07/1 population ratio in favor of alliance.

Stormrage (up) PvE en 31,566 (0.07/1)

If you look at the top 20 realms, many are unbalanced and it's why people go there.

Rank Name Population (H/A)
1 Illidan (up) 52,029 (1/0.01)
2 Frostmourne (up) 40,236 (0.76/1)
3 Sargeras (up) 29,165 (0.18/1)
4 Mal'Ganis (up) 34,879 (1/0.03)
5 Tichondrius (up) 30,353 (0.74/1)
6 Azralon (up) 30,711 (1/0.11)
7 Korgath (up) 26,264 (0.73/1)
8 Stormrage (up) 31,566 (0.07/1)
9 Blackrock (up) 31,156 (1/0.17)
10 Kil'Jaeden (up) 31,664 (1/0.80)
11 Barthilas (up) 27,321 (1/0.55)
12 Mannoroth (up) 20,213 (0.49/1)
13 Cho'gall (up) 16,774 (1/0.03)
14 Burning Blade (up) 17,877 (1/0.45)
15 Stormreaver (up) 23,868 (1/0.66)
16 Ner'zhul (up) 21,998 (1/0.88)
17 Arthas (up) 25,579 (1/0.31)
18 Bleeding Hollow (up) 19,516 (1/0.92)
19 Kel'Thuzad (up) 32,117 (0.18/1)
20 Thaurissan (up) 17,456 (1/0.05)

Edited by Samanthâ on 4/26/2012 7:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
61 Worgen Priest
04/26/2012 03:35 AMPosted by Zaraah
This thread will no doubt be deleted or moved, but I'll go ahead and chime in anyway.

It should be moved. The CS SFA's have no control over developer decisions in things like this. They do not pass on this info to them. Developers do not read this board. You could try the new customer service features for reporting feedback and suggestions or post in the general forums.

They have also said they have plans coming with the next expansion to help lower population realms/factions. We do not yet know what exactly that is.
Reply Quote
87 Troll Druid
04/26/2012 06:46 AMPosted by Tinkrbella

It should be moved. The CS SFA's have no control over developer decisions in things like this. They do not pass on this info to them. Developers do not read this board. You could try the new customer service features for reporting feedback and suggestions or post in the general forums.

They have also said they have plans coming with the next expansion to help lower population realms/factions. We do not yet know what exactly that is.

Didn't see a board that says 'developers read this one'
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
They pretty much go to every board except the New Player and Support (CS and Tech) forums for suggestions.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
Hopefully, the error of posting this in General, rather than Server will garner more attention.

To the Great Gods of Blizzard, I beg you to please offer free Horde transfers to this great realm.

Although I do play Alliance for the most part, I also want to explore the Horde world and this situation is sad and frankly not good for the wellbeing of all.

My first toons were born on US-Shattered Halls, which was Horde dominated, pvp.

I cringe when I see spams for "For the Alliance" in chat, knowing what it was like way-back when massive groups of Horde invaded and took up residence. It is a humilating experience.

There must be many out there that would move one, if not several characters if this were offered.

Please do this... FOR THE HORDE.
Reply Quote
87 Troll Druid
04/26/2012 09:20 AMPosted by Diamora
They pretty much go to every board except the New Player and Support (CS and Tech) forums for suggestions.

ah, well 'customer support' seems to actually encompass my problems here best, which is why I decided to put it here. Blizzard's actions may not cause the problems that have been developing here but their apparent inaction have contributed to it. My previous guild transferred to thrall, I just couldn't bring myself to contribute to problems of imbalance on 2 different realms so I found a different guild. I seem to remember being encouraged by assurances that blizzard actually was doing something about population problems as they were developing cataclysm though I'm not sure what those actions were.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
I was Alliance on Stormrage up until roughly two weeks ago and the imbalance was the worst that I've seen on any server. Not the reason why I left but still, trying to roll alts Horde side for fun wasn't fun at all.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
04/25/2012 10:49 PMPosted by Bavarcarus
but they can make faction specific free transfers to our server from servers that are overpopulated on horde. They can leave that free transfer open until the servers are more balanced, why has this not been at least TRIED?
This sounds great on the surface, but do you really think that the people on those realms will think, "Hmmm... I'm bored of having BH available at all times and always having plenty of people to raid with. I think I'll transfer to a realm where I won't ever see BH again and I have to spam trade chat for several hours on end to scrounge together a 10-man team!" I don't think you could pay me to move an Alliance character from Stormrage to Area-52, let alone provide me with an optional free server transfer. If you want to look to the source of imbalance look to WG and BH. Those are the biggest incentives to perpetuate imbalances. If Blizzard really wants to fix imbalances without forcibly preventing people from creating characters belonging to the dominant faction they should remove mechanics which give major advantages to the dominant faction.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
It sucks man, you won't get much sympathy for some reason. I have faith that Blizzard will eventually do something about the severe population problems it has across it's realms. All MMO's eventually engage in server merges, WoW is no different it will happen.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
04/26/2012 12:20 PMPosted by Yubao
You'd love Illidan.

I've rolled baby alts on Illidan but never made it high enough to actually see the imbalance first hand.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]