DS GDKP25 - Anyone running these?

90 Tauren Paladin
Seems like DS is in a perfect risk vs reward point for GDKP l.

discuss
Edited by Bubblecannon on 4/26/2012 5:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
25 man raiding = cluster!@#$ of effort, do not want.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I'm interested in your reasoning - 25 GDKP worked for months and months and months during ICC on the horde side (I can't speak for ally). I'll admit I've just returned and haven't seen normal mode 25 DS yet. From what I've heard it shouldn't be that unworkable - especially with the 20% buff potentially coming next week? ( There are substantial benefits to 25 mode GDKP over 10 due to the number of loot items coupled with no T13 purchase through VP). I'd prefer to let someone else do all the admin but I initiated these GDKP runs with EF back in ICC so it's not that onerus.
Edited by Bubblecannon on 4/26/2012 9:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
With the changes to loot, and the fact that 10man and 25man share a lockout, and with 10man being so much easier in DS, GDKP runs i can't see working. 10man PUG runs will clear 8/8N easily, plus there are organised 25man weekly runs (SNK runs for example) that clear 8/8N without any real issues.

For a GDKP run to work, you would need to offer something that isn't easily found in trade, which is heroic bosses, and considering only 2 guilds on this server have cleared 8/8H, and both of which did it in 10man, not 25 yet, there is nothing for a 25man run to offer.

Also, there are currently 2 guilds on Horde that run 25man. No joke! So to organise a group that can clear content on heroic and on 25man would be hardwork.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
hey chil! Hmm the best thing I found with GDKP was being able to gear up quickly if you were willing to pay. You can't do that in PUGs without a lot of luck and 10 mans drop a lot less loot so chances of a particular trinket/item are a lot less. (Same was true back in ICC). SNK is running but I was under the impression it was fairly heavily over subscribed (for the greater unwashed)?

The difference GDKP brings to the table is generally that you have a very high chance of the item you're looking for dropping in a 25 clear. Certainly, baring a bit of bad luck, a good chance of at least one token for each slot for each class will drop. Whether you get it or not depends on what you're willing to spend. For those wanting to gear up an alt quickly or wanting to obtain a rare weapon/trinket they are pretty far down the queue in their own guild this is a better way than LFR.

You make great points and certainly heroic modes would be an incentive but my limited exposure to these tells me it's not yet viable for GDKP.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Struthy tried in FL and struggled with numbers.

I think you'd find it hard to get a strong core of players willing to go each week (mainly your tanks and healers) I don't think the incentive to go is QUITE there anymore (are there people with the gold who are willing to spend? Do people value this gear as much as they did back when GDKP was fruitful?)

Not to be offensive, but the quality in player on this server has dropped severely since WoTLK, with no powerhouse 25m guild and 10m guilds that are only just seeing HM Deathwing, will the gold hungry alts/casuals be capable of doing a smooth and profitable 8/8 clear?

With more nerfs incoming, the possibility of hard modes plus faster clears will eventually happen (you would think) if you can get that strong core of carry players, you should at LEAST see the backs of Morchok and Hagara on heroic.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
hey luna. You make some very strong arguments here for the quality of the core group - and you're dead on. Before I was very lucky to call on a number of core players from Khazuals and EF which made it work. Whether there is sufficient core to do the same again would be hard to determine. I'm sort of hoping someone with more current 'street cred' than me might be willing to restart these, even as an experiment (hint hint bulk loose gaming!) But if the suggestions don't shake loose any interest I'll canvas interest. (I'm fairly keen to gear up 1 or 2 alts I can then use to help out in 10 man heroic runs)

Really depends on realm interest - whisper me if you're keen and I'll start noting down names.
Edited by Bubblecannon on 4/28/2012 6:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Hmm - 20% nerf incoming - smells like GDKP imho!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
04/29/2012 07:19 PMPosted by Bubblecannon
Hmm - 20% nerf incoming - smells like GDKP imho!

We are already at 15%, so its really only a 5% nerf
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Rather than GDKP, SNK is celebrating the 20% nerf with a xmog party in Dragon Soul tonight.

8/8 Clear (sadly not GDKP, but SNK DBAD loot rules apply)

Xmog theme : "I love this! I found it at a clearance sale! It was 20% off!"
so wear your most fabulously mismatched outfit. (or something you found at a clearance sale!)

With Kind Regards
Arra!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]