Serious anti-trolling measure

I came back to the game only because a buddy invited me, I've always played on a normal server though since he hooked me up I migrated to his PVP server so I transferred my character. That's fine and all but I'm tired of trolls taking advantage of imbalance. I'm minding my own business questing when an 85 kills my 83 priest who doesn't even have half the HP or my 61 Hunter who I could kill with my level 85 PVP mage by sneezing on a different continent.

I'm not talking about randomly getting killed when you're in battle with 5% health by someone of the same level, I'm talking about trolls with maxed out PVP gear who intentionally delight in aggravating other players. Well, we spend money on this game and when everyone is standing around in [insert your faction's capitol city], no one else is around and three maxed level players are camping your corpse for six hours I begin to start pending why I'm playing the game.

Blizzard needs to implement a limit, either HP percentage (90-95%) or item level related that prevents people from attacking anyone who blatantly has no chance of fighting back. This wouldn't even begin to address the obvious class imbalance of PVP (different topic). In fact to be frank if you're level cap and you're attacking a non-level capped player it should result in you instantly dieing or perhaps a timeout box where everyone gets put in to a small room for an hour staring at the wall wearing dunce hat. The game scales very quickly, I can one-hit kill level 80 level characters and mobs with my mage and I "only" have 389 IL so why this is allowed to happen either shows Blizzard isn't aware or they don't care. I imagine this topic has been brought up before.

I've left the game more than once before because it was a massively single player game. Yes, it's improved and no each server and obviously server type has different issues (people who undersell in the AH by 80% thus destroying your server's encon FTW!) but if I wanted to be trolled I'd go to 4chan and talk about how the internet is serious business. We don't pay to volunteer being killed and then how trolls emulate corpse humping, it's a game to be played so we can relax. Changing servers isn't an option, even if everyone was willing that's a lot of money to copy SQL rows from one machine to another and abandoning my friends would quickly lead me back to leaving the game any way. Blizzard needs to do something.
Reply Quote
16 Dwarf Rogue
04/26/2012 07:51 PMPosted by Mìthrandir
I migrated to his PVP server

It's been a while, so you'll have to excuse me. How does it go again?

PVP happened? ...QQ?
Reply Quote
23 Tauren Paladin
I noted this very thing some time ago and my solution was similar with regard to who can attack whom. My purpose was not to reduce or eliminate world PvP, but rather to put players on an honorable basis when they cross swords. My ideas were:

>>>

A player cannot attack another player outside of a battleground if he is 5 or more levels above or below the intended target. (With this, gear is irrelevant).

If a higher level player defeats a lower level player, he will receive X number of honor points.

If a lower level player defeats a higher level player he will receive 3X number of honor points.

If players are grouped, only the player landing a killing blow receives honor points.

When the combat is finished (one side dead or completely disengaged) those players are locked from engaging each other in world PvP for X amount of minutes (Prevents corpse camping and other shenanigans).
Edited by Bigmedicine on 4/26/2012 8:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/26/2012 08:24 PMPosted by Bigmedicine
A player cannot attack another player outside of a battleground if he is 5 or more levels above or below the intended target. (With this, gear is irrelevant).

Apparently you don't do dungeons, PVP or raids. Even after hitting 85 on my mage I almost doubled my HP. I it would have to be both character level and item level related. I just leveled another toon from 83 to 84 tonight and I gained like 10K HP.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
04/26/2012 08:24 PMPosted by Scarren
I migrated to his PVP server

It's been a while, so you'll have to excuse me. How does it go again?

PVP happened? ...QQ?

PVP on a PVP server, is the version I remember from vanilla.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Rogue
the word you want is GANKING not TROLLING

to Gank is to kill or attack someone with little to no chance of winning

to Troll is to knowingly send false or incorrect info in hopes of getting a emotional response
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
Change realms brah, you gettin too mad.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I think they used to give you negative honor, if you killed some one 5 levels below you, and the lowbees took advantage of it. I understand that some kids just need to feel more empowered to camp your corps, and it just ruins the game because a lot of servers don't have the server pride anymore and just don't care.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Having toons on a PvP server means you actively welcome the opportunity for PvP. You welcome the disruption to your ordinary PvE activities when on baby toons and see it as a further opportunity for larger scale PvP. I know I do.

[Ed: In case of corpse camping and no help around, there is always same faction PvP via the Auction House until the campers get bored]
Edited by Jimindar on 4/26/2012 9:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
u mad bro? lulz

...is not the 5 year old mentality any one paying money to play a game should not have to deal with. Yes, it's a PVP server though there are blatant issues I'm bringing up. 70% of the time I'm trying to grind I have to deal with max-level max PVP geared trolls with a 5 year old mentality that won't leave until they're overwhelmed six hours later.

Changing servers is not an option, we are to move an entire guild and pay a ton of money for Blizzard to copy SQL rows in what is easily an automated process? I like the game but I have a life.

Blizzard can either choose acknowledge and address the issue or they can continue to lose customers.
Edited by Mìthrandir on 4/27/2012 5:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
They aren't losing customers because of this.

There is no issue.

Working as intended.

Man up.
Reply Quote
clearly you have no idea what a troll is, you're crying about pvp on a pvp server, then refuse to accept suggestions to avoid said pvp.

gtfo troll
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Your on a PvP server, your going to be killed. Asking Bliz to do something to limit ganking on a PvP server is about as unreasonable as asking them to allow PvP on a PvE server because your not getting to gank anyone outside of a BG or similar area.

I doubt Bliz is losing many customers over this issue.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
You need a thick skin to play on a PvP server. Might I suggest a PvE server?
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Mage
04/27/2012 05:57 AMPosted by Mìthrandir
Blizzard can either choose acknowledge and address the issue or they can continue to lose customers.

The problem is your own, you joined a PvP server under your own volition, no one forced you to do it.

If you want arranged PvP join a PvE server.
Reply Quote
24 Night Elf Priest
Sorry, OP. You are getting no sympathy from me.

And there is an in-game mechanic to discourage high levels from killing low levels. The killer gets no honor points for doing so.

It's not much of a deterant. But it is there.

An 85 is killing you and won't stop? Stay dead. Minimize out of the game. Switch to an alt. After about ten minutes, come back and the bored killer will have moved on. If they come back, take another ten minutes.

But don't come here upset that PvP action happened on a PvP server. If you cannot handle it, cough up another $25.00 to transfer back to the normal server.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
PvP happened on a PvP server
if you don't want to PvP don't play on a PvP server.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
As PvP stands right now, that's just how it works. Anyone who loves ganking will justify it by saying, "PVP happened on a PVP server". Not much you can do about it, except transfer to a PvE realm.

Now, whether or not the current way is the best way is another matter. Personally I would greatly prefer a system where you could only engage in world PvP with players of comparable level. I think it would actually improve PvP and engage more players in PvP, as opposed to now.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
04/27/2012 05:57 AMPosted by Mìthrandir
u mad bro? lulz

...is not the 5 year old mentality any one paying money to play a game should not have to deal with. Yes, it's a PVP server though there are blatant issues I'm bringing up. 70% of the time I'm trying to grind I have to deal with max-level max PVP geared trolls with a 5 year old mentality that won't leave until they're overwhelmed six hours later.

Changing servers is not an option, we are to move an entire guild and pay a ton of money for Blizzard to copy SQL rows in what is easily an automated process? I like the game but I have a life.

But you, as a Blizzard customer, chose to spend your $$$ to transfer to a PVP server. Since you claim to have a greater than 5 year old mentality, why did you not think this through, or were you not aware of what PVE vs. PVP servers are and that confused you?

I am sure customers that chose a PVP server foolishly and will quit over what they decided on are a very very small percentage.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]