Serious anti-trolling measure

85 Blood Elf Death Knight
i find it funny how everyone is so ignorant as to say such things. some people have no compassion for others. he got ressurected and moved to his friends server which happens to be a pvp server and you tell him to just move out? seriously, he chose to return to have fun with his friend! so how about any suggestion other than the move out option because from what i can tell, is a suggestion fitting of a troll.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Mage
04/27/2012 06:21 AMPosted by Buttercupz
i find it funny how everyone is so ignorant as to say such things. some people have no compassion for others. he got ressurected and moved to his friends server which happens to be a pvp server and you tell him to just move out? seriously, he chose to return to have fun with his friend! so how about any suggestion other than the move out option because from what i can tell, is a suggestion fitting of a troll.

Because those are the rules of a PvP server, you need to expect to get ganked at any time.

The options are to deal with it, reroll on a PvE server or transfer.

Just because you don't like an answer does not mean it is a troll.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
04/27/2012 06:30 AMPosted by Tablemaker

Because those are the rules of a PvP server, you need to expect to get ganked at any time.

The options are to deal with it, reroll on a PvE server or transfer.

Just because you don't like an answer does not mean it is a troll.

he said it himself that transfer is an impossible task. he would either transfer alone and play alone or try to get him, his friend and guild to move which will cost a lot to do.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
This is pretty much the reason I won't play on PvP servers these days. It was bad in Vanilla, but at least high level players tended to need to be near the areas they were going to raid so they tended to be in level appropriate areas (with the exception of getting ganked by people prepping for ZG).

Nowadays players that want to pretend they're PvPers, but still want to get into dungeons and raids can have their cake and eat it too.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
A PvP server is not fair. It does not wait until you are ready, it does not let you choose your opponents, and it does not care if you don't feel like PvPing today.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
This is why I won't play on a PvP realm again. I hate jerks who do that kind of thing, sure world PvP is dead, but that's no reason to go gank a lower level player >.>

If I see a flagged player that is a lower level than me, I leave them alone.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Mage
04/27/2012 06:36 AMPosted by Buttercupz
he said it himself that transfer is an impossible task. he would either transfer alone and play alone or try to get him, his friend and guild to move which will cost a lot to do.

That's what RealID is for so you can play with friends on other servers. Sure you can't play in the open world but you can still chat and even run dungeons and raids together.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
my main toons are on pve servers, so i don't know for sure
but it seems that there is less world pvp in general
so that if you are getting ganked now-a-days,
there's much less chance that ppl will come to your defense
it may be more of an issue than it was before
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
04/27/2012 05:57 AMPosted by Mìthrandir
u mad bro? lulz

...is not the 5 year old mentality any one paying money to play a game should not have to deal with. Yes, it's a PVP server though there are blatant issues I'm bringing up. 70% of the time I'm trying to grind I have to deal with max-level max PVP geared trolls with a 5 year old mentality that won't leave until they're overwhelmed six hours later.

Changing servers is not an option, we are to move an entire guild and pay a ton of money for Blizzard to copy SQL rows in what is easily an automated process? I like the game but I have a life.

Blizzard can either choose acknowledge and address the issue or they can continue to lose customers.

PvP is PvP no matter what level the participants are. It's called World PvP and it's been around since forever.

And yes, realm transfers are an option. Just because you don't want to do it doesn't mean it's not an option.

People aren't quitting because higher level players are killing them. If that was the case, WoW wouldn't have made it past Vanilla.

I like the game but I have a life.

Idiot. Do society a favour and step in front of the nearest passing bus. Thanks.
Reply Quote
95 Undead Rogue
the word you want is GANKING not TROLLING

to Gank is to kill or attack someone with little to no chance of winning

to Troll is to knowingly send false or incorrect info in hopes of getting a emotional response
The OP knowingly sent false or incorrect info by using the word "troll" instead of "gank". And he got responses, some emotional. Sounds like he was describing himself and the thread...
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Killing someone on a PvP server is not trolling lol it's sort of the point of PvP servers.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
I came back to the game only because a buddy invited me, I've always played on a normal server though since he hooked me up I migrated to his PVP server so I transferred my character. That's fine and all but I'm tired of trolls taking advantage of imbalance. I'm minding my own business questing when an 85 kills my 83 priest who doesn't even have half the HP or my 61 Hunter who I could kill with my level 85 PVP mage by sneezing on a different continent.

I'm not talking about randomly getting killed when you're in battle with 5% health by someone of the same level, I'm talking about trolls with maxed out PVP gear who intentionally delight in aggravating other players. Well, we spend money on this game and when everyone is standing around in [insert your faction's capitol city], no one else is around and three maxed level players are camping your corpse for six hours I begin to start pending why I'm playing the game.

Blizzard needs to implement a limit, either HP percentage (90-95%) or item level related that prevents people from attacking anyone who blatantly has no chance of fighting back. This wouldn't even begin to address the obvious class imbalance of PVP (different topic). In fact to be frank if you're level cap and you're attacking a non-level capped player it should result in you instantly dieing or perhaps a timeout box where everyone gets put in to a small room for an hour staring at the wall wearing dunce hat. The game scales very quickly, I can one-hit kill level 80 level characters and mobs with my mage and I "only" have 389 IL so why this is allowed to happen either shows Blizzard isn't aware or they don't care. I imagine this topic has been brought up before.

I've left the game more than once before because it was a massively single player game. Yes, it's improved and no each server and obviously server type has different issues (people who undersell in the AH by 80% thus destroying your server's encon FTW!) but if I wanted to be trolled I'd go to 4chan and talk about how the internet is serious business. We don't pay to volunteer being killed and then how trolls emulate corpse humping, it's a game to be played so we can relax. Changing servers isn't an option, even if everyone was willing that's a lot of money to copy SQL rows from one machine to another and abandoning my friends would quickly lead me back to leaving the game any way. Blizzard needs to do something.

Sigh... the basic QQ QQ QQ QQ, omg QQ QQ... did I mention QQ QQ.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Here is my suggestion (aside from simply moving to a PvE server): When you're killed by a high level and are upset, go back to your capital city and queue up for a dungeon. Once you're done with that dungeon you can go back to questing and hope the big evil bully has left to do other things.

Works like a charm. Good luck and welcome back! :)
Reply Quote
Level 83 Priest: 68K HP.
Level 84 Priest: 83K HP.
Level 85 Mage, Item level: 389, HP: 133K

------------------

04/27/2012 10:09 AMPosted by Vine
When you're killed by a high level and are upset, go back to your capital city and queue up for a dungeon.

Thanks Vine, that is a constructive comment. I have been trying to quest as I seem to make more gold and level quicker doing quests when I'm not getting ganked.

------------------

04/27/2012 09:46 AMPosted by Elisavetta
Killing someone on a PvP server is not trolling lol it's sort of the point of PvP servers.

Unless of course they have 2-3 times your HP and your spells hardly make a scratch, they can practically still one-hit level 80s and they camp your corpse for six hours. The point of PVPing is the exhilaration of playing against evenly matched players and winning. Trolling low level players is NOT what I think any one at Blizzard had in mind when they decided to create PVP servers for WoW.

------------------

04/27/2012 09:42 AMPosted by Aberzombie
The OP knowingly sent false or incorrect info by using the word "troll" instead of "gank". And he got responses, some emotional.

A troll is someone who deliberately causes as much damage as possible with the least effort. I would call two evenly matched / geared rogues taking on a single mage in PVP ganking. I call camping someone's corpse with 5% of your HP for six hours trolling.

------------------

And yes, realm transfers are an option. Just because you don't want to do it doesn't mean it's not an option.

People aren't quitting because higher level players are killing them. If that was the case, WoW wouldn't have made it past Vanilla.

Idiot. Do society a favour and step in front of the nearest passing bus. Thanks.

Transferring the guild would mean $200+ blown on MySQL rows copied in an automated process (I do web development and work with databases every day) and none of us think it's worth that when we pay about $15 a month to play the game. Good job comprehending what other people are posting and then calling them idiots, we totally need more people like you driving around clogging up the streets.

------------------

04/27/2012 06:37 AMPosted by Fluffshp
A PvP server is not fair. It does not wait until you are ready, it does not let you choose your opponents, and it does not care if you don't feel like PvPing today.

Correct, on PVP servers you can not /pvp and disable the PVP flag. Trolls take advantage of that when they're not on the forums calling people idiots.

------------------

i find it funny how everyone is so ignorant as to say such things. some people have no compassion for others. he got resurrected and moved to his friends server which happens to be a pvp server and you tell him to just move out? seriously, he chose to return to have fun with his friend! so how about any suggestion other than the move out option because from what i can tell, is a suggestion fitting of a troll.

Thankfully some people actually comprehend what I'm talking about, thank you. I don't mind if another player at the same level who is reasonably matched with me decides to attack me, fine, let's do this, that works fine.

Any one here watch Husky SC2 replays? He mentions every now and then how South Koreans are very well mannered whereas some American players are outright rude to each other. Not only does this thread make it clear that there is a problem with PVP servers though there are serious psychological issues with a lot of people in our country. I'm happy that some people still have the ability to comprehend fairness because when the playing field is fair it comes down to whose decision making is better and that is what the game should be about because as a player I'm not here to do anything but have fun with my friends and I'm dealing with serious obstacles in being able to do that while playing World of Warcraft.
Reply Quote
61 Human Death Knight
This is satirical, right?

You're complaining that... you got killed on a PvP server?
Reply Quote
04/28/2012 10:26 AMPosted by Mìthrandir
Any one here watch Husky SC2 replays? He mentions every now and then how South Koreans are very well mannered whereas some American players are outright rude to each other. Not only does this thread make it clear that there is a problem with PVP servers though there are serious psychological issues with a lot of people in our country. I'm happy that some people still have the ability to comprehend fairness because when the playing field is fair it comes down to whose decision making is better and that is what the game should be about because as a player I'm not here to do anything but have fun with my friends and I'm dealing with serious obstacles in being able to do that while playing World of Warcraft.

Nice sample size in this thread to make a judgment about "a lot of people in our country".
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
You know. I really love those "if you don't want to pvp, don't play on a pvp server" responses. I mean come on. Seriously? Not everyone has that option. I play on a pvp server and I cant stand it. Leaving isn't really an option for me. Every single one of my friends is on this server and leaving means I'm on my own so I'm kinda stuck. I don't exactly have a problem with pvp exactly. I do bg's with my friends. But smacking down someone leagues lower than you isn't pvp. It's being a jackass and a bully.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]