mobile armory diconects all the time.

Here is the issue I am having. While using the mobile app if I put my phone down for any length of time like say to goto the bathroom or talk to my wife, even if the app is left on it disconects from guild chat when it senses I am idol. This is terrible because the reason I have the app is so I can follow guild chat when I am away. Especialy when I am working (I work on a ambulance durring night shift.)

It is very annoying to have a text message come to my phone for me to swith apps to read it and then come back and find that I am dc'd. I have many other apps that will continue to run in the backround and I see no reason why I should have to miss a conversation because I put my phone down for 5 minutes.

I hope that thi makes some sense and in the future it will become a option that wow prevents a phone from "sleeping" much like when you use your gps option on your phone. I can set my gps up and leave it alone for 3 hours and the phone will still be on the gps screen but if you leave wow alone the phones screen turns off and wow mobile app disconnects from the server.

I hope you fix this or at least give us the option to waste our batteries on our phone. Thanks for your time.
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
Phone model, OS version, and Mobile Armory version? Right now we're in the process of upgrading the chat and mobile servers for iOS, so it's likely due to that if it's iOS.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I can verify this issue. I have an Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Galaxy SII) on Sprint running Android 2.3.6 and it disconnects from guild chat when left idle for any period of time. Its most likely due to an energy saving feature the phone has and the app isn't preventing it or working with it (say polling for new messages so as not to keep the connections live the entire time).
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
05/03/2012 07:27 AMPosted by Luthair
I can verify this issue. I have an Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Galaxy SII) on Sprint running Android 2.3.6 and it disconnects from guild chat when left idle for any period of time. Its most likely due to an energy saving feature the phone has and the app isn't preventing it or working with it (say polling for new messages so as not to keep the connections live the entire time).

Well, losing the connection should set you to a Mobile Away state. We've tested this with energy saving features and have not encountered this. Are you 100% certain that you're not set to this state. The best way to find out is to ask a guildy if you are away or offline when this happens.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Well, losing the connection should set you to a Mobile Away state. We've tested this with energy saving features and have not encountered this. Are you 100% certain that you're not set to this state. The best way to find out is to ask a guildy if you are away or offline when this happens.

It might set me to away but its a joke that if i set my phone down and the screen turns off after the 15-30 seconds that the app sets me to away and logs me out, forcing me to log back in which isnt always a smooth thing, people have told me often that i missed things they said

the away thing is fine if you could set a timer for it but not soon as the screen turns off, say a setting that allows you to pick 1/5/10/15/30 minutes of time since u used the app to set you as away

Almost every guild member i know that uses this around 10 or so hates the new 2.3 update on android

Edit: The Versions before this kept me logged in if i turned my screen off
Edited by Saraf on 5/4/2012 12:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
I am also having this issue on my HTC Thunderbolt on Verizon
WoW Armory version 2.3.0

Any time my phone goes idol (screen lock then idol for ~30 seconds.), I lose connection to the guild chat and it logs me out of guild chat. When I log back in, all the chat log is gone.

Maybe this is my issue:
10. Multitasking out of the Remote Guild Chat app immediately logs me off.
Whenever you receive a call, a text, idle the phone, or multitask out of the app without manually clicking on the "Online/Offline" button in the top left corner, your connection to the chat server is severed, which is why you see yourself "signing in again" when you return to the app. However, your character is still able to receive messages from other players! Your character is set to an "Away" status, and any guild chat or whisper messages sent while your player is away will be played back to you when you return to the app as long as you return within 30 minutes. If you do not return within 30 minutes, then your character is disconnected and cannot receive any more messages.
Edited by Rasqall on 5/7/2012 10:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
Saraf:
...people have told me often that i missed things they said

This is no bueno, but it doesn't appear to be affecting all devices. In fact, most devices are working fine, but the Nexus One, Galaxy SII, and the Thunderbolt are not retaining chat history, even after reconnecting. The rule of thumb is that, even if you're disconnected, within 30 minutes of returning to the app you will have guild and officer chat history. (FYI: Whisper history is 2 weeks+.)

We'll be addressing this bug and a 3D Model Viewer bug in v2.3.1.
Edited by Wilebosk on 5/7/2012 6:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Saraf:

This is no bueno, but it doesn't appear to be affecting all devices. In fact, most devices are working fine, but the Nexus One, Galaxy SII, and the Thunderbolt are not retaining chat history, even after reconnecting. The rule of thumb is that, even if you're disconnected, within 30 minutes of returning to the app you will have guild and officer chat history. (FYI: Whisper history is 2 weeks+.)

Hope to see the update soon, and im on A Desire HD/Inspire 4G
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Intthinks its most android versions. Both my phone running Android 2.3.1 and my tablet rnnin 4.3.1 have similar issues. Both are running wow remote 2.3.0. Often will get disconnected the moment the screen times out and cannot immediately reconnect or connect sometimes for hours. Other times they stay connected with no problem.

This is on both wifi and 3g wit no interruption in actual network connection.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Has this been resolved? Facing the same issue still.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Android 4.1.1
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
Has this been resolved? Facing the same issue still.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Android 4.1.1

There are a lot of reasons that disconnection can occur. Don't think of app stability as a thing in and unto itself. It's more like weather. Sometimes it's sunny, sometimes it's cloudy, sometimes there's a tornado and it prevents you from doing much at all. In the world of mobile, we're all in Kansas.

There was a temporary issue with one of our servers last night and it's just been restarted. Should be good now!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I was facing the issue since a couple of weeks. Tried to reinstall once but didnt fix it. After talking with Blizz support, I was told that a update was released to the app this week. ( I had it on auto-update)

However, completely removing the app and re downloading it seems to have fixed it.

Thanks.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Death Knight
I love my mobile app but mine's been acting buggy too. When I try to use the guild chat feature to whisper anyone in guild, they cannot respond to me. When my husband tries to use the mobile app to whisper me while he's at work and I'm at home, I cannot respond to him. Has anyone heard any word on issues like this?
Reply Quote
60 Night Elf Priest
I too am having issues with this. When my screen shuts off I do not receive notifications of guild messages or tells from guild mates. I am currently using a galaxy s6 with the latest android os. Also I just downloaded the app tonight.
Reply Quote
I have the same issue. Any time my screen goes to sleep and I turn it back on I have to reconnect to chat and will miss anything that's said. I have WoW Armory on my Galaxy S6. According to the play store it is up to date.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Hunter
I have this issue on a One+ One. it does not appear to be a function of time, If I type a message in guild chat, lock the screen and unlock it the same second, I am signed out of guild chat. I have to log back in.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Hunter
Same issue. iPhone 5s latest OS update.

More like guild anti-chat: you can't!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
Also having this same issue, for a long while, now. iPhone 5s iOS 9.3.1 and WoW 6.1.1.4
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
05/07/2012 06:54 PMPosted by Wilebosk
Saraf:

Same issue of no history, save whisper. But still. Dont care about stuff I was there to actually see. I want to stop missing out on chat when it autologs me.

Samsung Galaxy S6 6.0.1

Also, sometimes I get notifications when i multitask in another window. Other times i completely disconnect and miss everything as if my screen had turned off. Very annoying, and no consistency.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Not able to use guild chat or aucrion house...as an avid WoW player and PAYING SUBSCRIBER this is a hige inconvenience for me and i imagine many others...please stop trying to say its a connection issue... we need this fixed...it is an important part of the game. Thank you.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]