Hello

85 Troll Priest
We are looking to transfer servers, as ours while it has great progression just has no community...basically the way it works there is if you dont have a full guild group you can't do anything. While open raid is great, its much better to have a server to do crap with.

With that said this was one of the servers reccommended by guildies that meet all the initial criteria. So I do have a few questions

Are there no horde 25s because no one likes 25s here, or because leadership of those guilds decided to go to 10?
How is the horde economy? How available are things like herbs, gems, ore, leather, enchanting mats?
How is the server's response to things like GDKP runs?
Is pugging an option? Like if our alt run is missing someone can we find someone to stay for 2-3 hours and do 4-5 heroics and not bail at the sign of the first wipe or two?
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
Not going to lie and say we have the economy and the player base a high pop server does....because we're not high pop...not even close.

That being said, there is a handful of horde at least in the past few weeks, who have been around to do some amazing pugs, including heroic t11, 5 man heroic ulduar 25/heroic icc 25 etc.

In regards to pugging a heroic DS for alts, I'm not too sure tbh. I actually just transferred my 6/8hm alt here this week, and will be setting up a similar progressed alt hm group for a run this weekend. There is still a ton of skill though lurking around on the server from guilds that have come and gone...so I don't think there will be a problem doing this...might just take some time.

Hope the info helps.

Oh in regards to 25 man guilds, we're the only 8/8hm 25 on the server, the rest are 10s

I think you should come. Horde side needs more, and some competition would be awesome.
Edited by Newmage on 4/27/2012 11:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
We're a shell of what we used to be. Should of been here pre cata, great server. Sadly our best days are behind us.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
04/27/2012 01:36 PMPosted by Ricosuavè
We're a shell of what we used to be. Should of been here pre cata, great server. Sadly our best days are behind us.

Other than the top 4-5 thats how every server seems to be, those that arent there is no community there...the server we are on now has been top 30 the whole xpac, but 85% of the guild hates the server and the other 15% could care less they log on to raid and log off....the big thing is we want an actual community which seems to be harder to find since the pre cata days, with all the lost subs every server just about got hit, hopefully they wills hut down some of the one's with a population of 8k and move them to others...

Was surprised to find out about TA, wowprogress shows them as a 10 man.

In terms of population Greymane is one of the the higher population medium pop servers(omg the english is not strong with that sentence) lol.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Yeah, WoWprogress is being a hooker and not saying we are 25s because we killed madness on 10s first since it was much easier for us to deal with due attendance sucking.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Yeah, I'll vouch that TA is back to being a 25 man guild, though they dropped to 10 mans for a while due to attendance stuff. WoWProgress just cares about the first kill, however, so that's how they're recorded.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Random side note, I am very pleased that hooker isn't picked up by the filter.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
alliance has several 25mans, horde has just the one it seems.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
My main's on Shadowmoon (Noomage). I can probably tell you all you need to know in terms of comparison:

Pros:

-The trade chat trolling and general annoyingness of the server is nowhere near that of Shadowmoon's
-People aren't the level of douchiness that they are on Shadowmoon (probably due to non-existant horde-side PvP)
-Horde usually win things like TB because alliance by and large are even worse at PvP
-Things like old-world achievement runs have happened with a pretty good success rate, better than on Shadowmoon
-Cancerboss isn't on the server (yet!)

Cons:

-Zero talent pool on Greymane horde outside of the top 3 or 4 guilds. It's really, really bad
-Extremely difficult to pug competent people or even get a full group for BH outside of like Tuesday. BH 25 does not exist.
-Org is a ghost town most nights
-Economy is terrible especially especially since Divide x-ferred off as the AH is owned by 3 or 4 "Eddo's", but there is no volume whatsoever. You WILL have to farm yourselves
-Compared to Shadowmoon I'd say there's a 10:1 Shadowmoon to Greymane toon ratio in Org at any given time
-GDKP has not existed since ICC as horde pop is a shadow of what it used to be and there aren't enough heroic raiders willing to basically carry a group

TBH, Shadowmoon horde >>> Greymane horde. Despite claims to the contrary, this server is not balanced. The talent pool, at least horde side, is absolutely terrible and your recruiting is pretty much going to be 100% off-server. Horde side unfortunately lacks in sortof the intermediate guild range (the 3/8H-6/8H guys that exist en masse on Shadowmoon and all have a couple good players who come knocking when they're sick of not progressing) and it's just not really possible to bolster your ranks from raiders who are looking for that step up to the next level. I honestly feel extremely fortunate to have picked up a few players who have turned out really well from those groups, but by and large most of those raiders just aren't up to par. There is PvE talent out there, but it's by and large on alliance side.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
My main's on Shadowmoon (Noomage). I can probably tell you all you need to know in terms of comparison:

Pros:

-The trade chat trolling and general annoyingness of the server is nowhere near that of Shadowmoon's
-People aren't the level of douchiness that they are on Shadowmoon (probably due to non-existant horde-side PvP)
-Horde usually win things like TB because alliance by and large are even worse at PvP
-Things like old-world achievement runs have happened with a pretty good success rate, better than on Shadowmoon
-Cancerboss isn't on the server (yet!)

Cons:

-Zero talent pool on Greymane horde outside of the top 3 or 4 guilds. It's really, really bad
-Extremely difficult to pug competent people or even get a full group for BH outside of like Tuesday. BH 25 does not exist.
-Org is a ghost town most nights
-Economy is terrible especially especially since Divide x-ferred off as the AH is owned by 3 or 4 "Eddo's", but there is no volume whatsoever. You WILL have to farm yourselves
-Compared to Shadowmoon I'd say there's a 10:1 Shadowmoon to Greymane toon ratio in Org at any given time
-GDKP has not existed since ICC as horde pop is a shadow of what it used to be and there aren't enough heroic raiders willing to basically carry a group

TBH, Shadowmoon horde >>> Greymane horde. Despite claims to the contrary, this server is not balanced. The talent pool, at least horde side, is absolutely terrible and your recruiting is pretty much going to be 100% off-server. Horde side unfortunately lacks in sortof the intermediate guild range (the 3/8H-6/8H guys that exist en masse on Shadowmoon and all have a couple good players who come knocking when they're sick of not progressing) and it's just not really possible to bolster your ranks from raiders who are looking for that step up to the next level. I honestly feel extremely fortunate to have picked up a few players who have turned out really well from those groups, but by and large most of those raiders just aren't up to par. There is PvE talent out there, but it's by and large on alliance side.

tl;dr, greymane is awesome
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Turns out Felikks can't read.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Don't do PVP -> PVE as a guild. This will literally destroy your recruitment pool unless you're on a really low pop pvp server (which isn't the case).
Edited by Arinya on 4/27/2012 9:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Arinya is afraid of competition...The Afflicted Hegemony ftw?
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
04/27/2012 10:58 PMPosted by Robokapp
Arinya is afraid of competition...The Afflicted Hegemony ftw?

Yep, and you weren't afraid of Nix either. Oh wait.

You're also really dumb if you think my statement is false.
Edited by Arinya on 4/27/2012 11:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
04/27/2012 09:27 PMPosted by Arinya
Don't do PVP -> PVE as a guild. This will literally destroy your recruitment pool unless you're on a really low pop pvp server (which isn't the case).

Shadowmoon may as well be a PVE server horde side, all they do is cry about the alliance, and then will even watch a 20 person raid kill Garrosh in org....I understand the statement but in our rare case being on a pvp server hurts us because the horde side of it is so damn terrible....we lose the pvpers and we lose those that dont want to be on a pvp server.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid

Shadowmoon may as well be a PVE server horde side, all they do is cry about the alliance, and then will even watch a 20 person raid kill Garrosh in org....I understand the statement but in our rare case being on a pvp server hurts us because the horde side of it is so damn terrible....we lose the pvpers and we lose those that dont want to be on a pvp server.

Oh yeah? That's actually probably worse, yeah, considering that PVPers actually end up leaving fast since there's no PVP. On PVE you would get the PVE-only crowd on top of your current pool I guess. The people we have do stick up for each other. I don't think a new guild would make that rule any different.
Edited by Arinya on 4/28/2012 11:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I would recommend going to a horde-dominated PvE server such as Zul'jin or Area 52. The latter is an extremely high pop Horde server, the ratio is apparently almost 17:1 in favor of the horde.
Edited by Nikolos on 4/28/2012 1:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
frostgoblin is LAME shadowmoon blows
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
04/28/2012 11:16 AMPosted by Arinya

Oh yeah? That's actually probably worse, yeah, considering that PVPers actually end up leaving fast since there's no PVP. On PVE you would get the PVE-only crowd on top of your current pool I guess. The people we have do stick up for each other. I don't think a new guild would make that rule any different.

It's more that Shadowmoon was a very balanced server PvP-wise but when people got bored towards the end of WotLK the top PvPers decided to faction switch to alliance for Cata purposes related to things like RBGs and it's been unbalanced ever since.

Toss in the fact that Shadowmoon has one of the highest number of gladiators and is the top realm in the battlegroup and horde just get anahilated in the amount of world PvP I've seen due to lack of PvP leadership and experience.

The "20 person raid killing Garrosh" stuff is obviously overstated as no 20 person raid would make it to Garrosh on that realm.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]