After playing GW2 PVP for 40hours+THE HYPE.

90 Worgen Warrior
Basically after playing a ton of GW2 PVP non stop structured only.
Attack animations are clumsy and just awkward.
Some (not all) classes are just pure press everything on CD. Very lame.
Warriors gap closers are also buggy will not take you to your target and just randomly charge else where .

The game honestly feels more like a dota/league of legends type of game than an rpg with only one type of PVP capture and hold. The pvp maps are all the same type of theme cmon now change it up give me some snow or something tired of grass and hills.

One of the biggest! problems with the game right now.... the particle effects from the mesmer illusions to the necros pets if you ever have more then 2 in structured pvp good luck playing melee you wont even be able to see what youre attacking with all the particles and pets flying around, and its a very big problem because right now there is no point in playing melee unless youre a thief.

After playing GW2 it just got me thinking how much of a great job blizzard has done with WoW from the nice cartoon style graphics, which GW2 did a terrible job of doing btw yeah the graphics are great now but wait 3-4 years it looks like some of the graphic designers went off from the art and went for more realism without knowing it.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Poor wolfie doesn't understand the meaning of BETA, heck it doesn't even have a release date yet!

I'm sorry, wolfie. :(
Reply Quote
45 Human Warlock
04/29/2012 06:13 AMPosted by Icenome
If you haven't already, try posting your feedback on the beta forums, and in-game queries/reports, where it actually matters (Like you're supposed to do in a BETA). ArenaNet are the devs of the Guild Wars 2, not Blizzard.

Well arenanet doesn't like negative feedback. They delete almost every single negative thread. lol.
Reply Quote
86 Undead Death Knight
04/29/2012 07:27 AMPosted by Boxerone
Well arenanet doesn't like negative feedback. They delete almost every single negative thread. lol.

There is a difference between negative feedback and constructive feedback.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
Poor wolfie doesn't understand the meaning of BETA, heck it doesn't even have a release date yet!

Yes, it is a beta indeed. I highly doubt there will be THAT much difference between the beta and the launch. There was hardly difference (not including bugs/gameplay) from the SWTOR beta compared to release.
Reply Quote
88 Human Rogue
04/29/2012 05:03 AMPosted by Onehundredz

You're either a noob or a Blizzard fanboy.
GW2 PvP is superior than WoW PvP.

Seriously, your 40 hours seems like 1 hour.
Huge build combinations, all of them PvE and PvP viable.
Fights in PvP are very dynamic and don't seem clunky like WoW PvP.
Playing PvP in GW2 sometimes feels like playing Team Fortress 2. Nothing stops, everything is in movement, even the casters.

WoW is just an eternal recycling. PvP mechanic is the same since 5 years ago.
Adding resillience and some virtual stats not based on player's own skill are not a mechanic innovation, just a "feature" of the game.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
04/29/2012 09:58 AMPosted by David

Playing PvP in GW2 sometimes feels like playing Team Fortress 2. Nothing stops, everything is in movement, even the casters.

Adding resillience and some virtual stats not based on player's own skill are not a mechanic innovation, just a "feature" of the game.
FALSE

op is correct, i should have known better before giving ANOTHER company $50 - $70 but i guess it can keep me sort of busy until MOP
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior

That's what they said about SWTOR. That's what they said about A LOT of games in beta. Most games don't change enough out of beta to justify saying this.

exactly
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
04/29/2012 09:58 AMPosted by David

Honestly with your reply you sound like a Rabid GW2 fanboy..

I'm enjoying the Beta, but it definitely has some flaws in the core mechanics (not beta hurr) but the positives outweigh the negatives, and WvW is amazing, but so many people will be disappointed because of the hype.

I really hope they improve the walking animations from the beta to live, they're pretty bad right now, sometimes it feels like I'm skating not walking. :P
Reply Quote

What's hilarious is that you call him a fanboi, deride him for having an informed opinion that differs from your own, and then reply like a GW2 fanboi yourself by saying nothing of consequence outside of bashing WoW. Irony? Yup.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
Opinions. Everyone has one.

If you don't like theirs then don't talk to them simple as that.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid

What's hilarious is that you call him a fanboi, deride him for having an informed opinion that differs from your own, and then reply like a GW2 fanboi yourself by saying nothing of consequence outside of bashing WoW. Irony? Yup.

The amount of fanboys in GW2 is extremely frustrating, I think it's worse than ToR at this point.

any constructive criticism on the forums and they swarm at you like crazy, I try not to post because It actually disgusts me.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior

That's what they said about SWTOR. That's what they said about A LOT of games in beta. Most games don't change enough out of beta to justify saying this.

Except that most games have a release date. GW2 will be worked on until it's ready to launch. Unlike SWTOR which rushed the release to get the Christmas sales.

Just like SWTOR it may be worked on until the Christmas season. Don't fool yourself if you don't think they won't be pushing for it. If anything the push to get it out before Christmas will be even bigger than it was for SWTOR, because most of the income will come from box sales. When is the biggest time for box sales?

Not saying the game won't be good, but don't fool yourself into thinking they won't be just as influenced as BioWare/EA was.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
Warriors gap closers are also buggy will not take you to your target and just randomly charge else where .

The game honestly feels more like a dota/league of legends type of game than an rpg with only one type of PVP capture and hold. The pvp maps are all the same type of theme cmon now change it up give me some snow or something tired of grass and hills.

One of the biggest! problems with the game right now.... the particle effects from the mesmer illusions to the necros pets if you ever have more then 2 in structured pvp good luck playing melee you wont even be able to see what youre attacking with all the particles and pets flying around, and its a very big problem because right now there is no point in playing melee unless youre a thief.

After playing GW2 it just got me thinking how much of a great job blizzard has done with WoW from the nice cartoon style graphics, which GW2 did a terrible job of doing btw yeah the graphics are great now but wait 3-4 years it looks like some of the graphic designers went off from the art and went for more realism without knowing it.
you're doing it wrong dude... Anet purposely made their game to force people to pay attention to what they are doing iv PVP...

PVP in WOW isn't "better", it's easier and more forgivable. Meaning if you press charge and your target isn't in range the spell doesn't go off.
In GW2 if you press an ability and the target isn't in range, the spell still goes off.

GW2 requires more timing and awareness to what you are doing. There are no macros, no power auras, none of that stuff.

If you are used to WOW PVP there is nothing wrong with that. It is still a fun game.
GW2 is taking a different approach to how pvp is played.

You either learn it and be good at it. Or you end up being bad and continue to play WOW.. No big deal...Also, your opinion on the graphics is completely not accurate.. I have had zero issues with PVP playing a guardian and an engineer.
Edited by Sevraider on 4/29/2012 1:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid

you're doing it wrong dude... Anet purposely made their game to force people to pay attention to what they are doing iv PVP...

PVP in WOW isn't "better", it's easier and more forgivable. Meaning if you press charge and your target isn't in range the spell doesn't go off.
In GW2 if you press an ability and the target isn't in range, the spell still goes off.

GW2 requires more timing and awareness to what you are doing. There are no macros, no power auras, none of that stuff.

If you are used to WOW PVP there is nothing wrong with that. It is still a fun game.

You either learn it and be good at it. Or you end up being bad and continue to play WOW.. No big deal...Also, your opinion on the graphics is completely not accurate.. I have had zero issues with PVP playing a guardian and an engineer.

Implying that you're bad if you play WoW PVP is really not the best way to get your point accross.

I find GW2 PVP easy, simply because I manage less keybinds. those of us that are used to 40+ keybinds, GW2 is a relief.

Technically, it's not hard to pay attention to your range/surroundings when you manage less abilities, I don't understand why you guys need to Bash WoW in order to get your point across about GW2, especially on a WoW forum.

I will continue to play both.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter

Implying that you're bad if you play WoW PVP is really not the best way to get your point accross.

I find GW2 PVP easy, simply because I manage less keybinds. those of us that are used to 40+ keybinds, GW2 is a relief.

Technically, it's not hard to pay attention to your range/surroundings when you manage less abilities, I don't understand why you guys need to Bash WoW in order to get your point across about GW2, especially on a WoW forum.

I will continue to play both.
True, but normally that is what people have the hardest time with when it come to learning a new game.

WOW players spend so much time in WOW that they want the combat mechanics in every new game coming out to be just like WOW..
If the combat mechanics aren't like WOW those individuals will make post like these.

Rather than making a post that says "hey the game is different, I think I'll spend some time to learn how to be successful at it".Mind you, I have played WOW since January 2005. I am very used to WOW pvp and the combat mechanics. I have had zero issues with playing GW2. I am not the best player in an way. I am actually someone that likes to run around and do quests. It didn't take me very long to get used to combat mechanics in GW2.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]