/petattack

85 Dwarf Shaman
I remember back in the day I could use a macro like

/petattack
/cast Immolate

and my demon would start attacking as soon as I started casting. Now my pet won't attack until my spell hits my target. Is there a new macro to make my pet engage my target immediately, instead of after I enter combat?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
What stance do you have him in? I think Assist ignores /petattack.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
That macro should still work. I have it on my affliction spec (don't use it for destro, I seem to remember some issue with the imp casting being interrupted). I have it bound to haunt/CoE/Corruption on my affliction spec to, and it seems to work...
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
The issue I had with /petattack in a macro for a cast was multi dotting and my pet running from mob to mob. It spent more time running around than attacking.

So I macro'ed /petattack to mouse wheel up (with mouse over) and /petpassive to wheel down.

This way for example the trash for Zonozz I send my pet to one tentacle and leave it attacking it while I dot up the other 4. Since they are so far apart I just watched the pet run around from mob to mob as I dotted.
Reply Quote
71 Night Elf Priest
Why did they take out the aggressive option? Its made leveling a clicking pain.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
It's /petassist now, and putting it on an instant cast/instant impact DoT is useless. If anything put it on Shodowbolt/Incinerate/Soul Fire, since they take time to actually hit the target.
Reply Quote
05/01/2012 08:52 AMPosted by Redstar

Too many rogues died to my FG's axe in Outlands during TBC when he attacked them before i knew the rogue was there... but he did. Cant attack the ganker before he ganks us, now can we?
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
You still can attack the ganker before he ganks. If you get sapped and still have sight just tell your pet to attack.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
05/01/2012 08:52 AMPosted by Redstar

They wanted people to actually have to use their pet some, and negate things like the poster above mentioned of the pet killing something before they even knew it was there (especially in PvP, it acted as a touch free stealth detector...

Essentially, the stances did this:
Original Defensive: pet would attack whatever attacked or damaged you.
Original Agressive: pet would attack anything it could as soon as it was in range to "aggro"
Changed Defensive: pet would attack whatever attacked or damaged you and would also attack whatever you attacked.
Aggressive did not change

New defensive: exactly like Original Defensive
New Assist: exactly like changed defensive
Aggressive removed.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]