*Spoiler* Villan in the new Star Trek Film.

82 Draenei Priest
05/02/2012 11:15 PMPosted by Eithris
TOS is irrelevant in the new universe. the timelines are split from the first moment the mining ship popped into the past through the black hole. this pretty much gives the writers full creative freedom to write entirely new stories and flip any TOS and later characters around in different ways, etc.

Khan's backstory took place prior to the splitting of the timelines, though, so it presumably wouldn't be any different in the alternate timeline. Everything after "Khan and 84 others escaped Earth by way of the sleeper ship SS Botany Bay," though... we'll see.
Edited by Dirkhardpec on 5/3/2012 3:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
05/03/2012 08:25 AMPosted by Dirkhardpec
TOS is irrelevant in the new universe. the timelines are split from the first moment the mining ship popped into the past through the black hole. this pretty much gives the writers full creative freedom to write entirely new stories and flip any TOS and later characters around in different ways, etc.

Khan's backstory occurred prior to the splitting of the timelines, though, so it presumably wouldn't be any different in the alternate timeline. Everything after "Khan and 84 others escaped Earth by way of the sleeper ship SS Botany Bay," though... we'll see.

Khan's backstory as it is relevant to kirk though didn't occur yet, namely kirk marooning them on that planet. That was the driving force behind the second movie and in the new universe khan hasn't met kirk yet so the writers can spin that story however they like.
Reply Quote
55 Draenei Death Knight
I am sure mr. spock woudl warn them, in fact old mr spock shoudl start unloading future fed tech on star fleet. They also need to get Star Fleet prep for Bajor, the Cardassian and the Dominion not to mention the borg. The only thing that was change by the new star trek movie was the Alpha quadrant. I can't wait for them to do a full fledge dominion wars where you get to see Thousands of Federation ship battle thousands of enemy vessels.

The single adventures are cool but it more epic when you see the might of the federation on display and in action.
Reply Quote
82 Draenei Priest
That is NOT true. All you have to do is make the assumption that Khan was still discovered in isostasis despite the timeline change, even by the crew of the Enterprise still, and things could still work out different due to the alternate timeline.

Hence why I said, "Everything after 'Khan and 84 others escaped Earth by way of the sleeper ship SS Botany Bay,' though... we'll see."

When I said "backstory" I was more referring to Khan's origin and how he ended up on a sleeper ship in space. As Ziryus said, his backstory as it is relevant to Kirk didn't occur prior to the splitting of the timelines, so that could obviously change.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Dam you OP...

Because now I know who one of the greatest actors of this time is playing.

Effing Benidict cumberbatch as Khan....

*Fangirl crazed faint*
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
I loved TOS, and I also really enjoyed the latest Star Trek movie. I thought the cast was about as good as it could be, with the exception of Chekov(I didnt think he looked anything like him, and I thought his accent sounded fake and forced), the action was good, the sound effects were great, lense flare didnt bother me.

Since it is an alternate timeline, I wouldnt mind Khan being the main villain in the next movie. He was a great character in TOS, and I trust Abrams to pull it off a 2nd time.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
I've loved all of the star treks, including the original, I've got them all ripped from a DVD collection my NAS so i can watch at any time, I loved the new one too, Though my favourite would have to be Enterprise(2005)
Reply Quote
Seriously? How can they bring Khan back, he died! He was gloriously blown up!

THAT might be interesting to see, just how they can explain that!

EDIT: Oh... I forgot that time doesn't work chronologically in the ST series...:P
Edited by Zabadi on 5/21/2012 3:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
86 Tauren Paladin
Seriously? How can they bring Khan back, he died! He was gloriously blown up!

THAT might be interesting to see, just how they can explain that!

EDIT: Oh... I forgot that time doesn't work chronologically in the ST series...:P

LOL, they started over. Khan and Kirk are still alive because it's back in time. You know, when they were young? I for one am looking forward to it. They did a great job on the last one. Hope they do as good on this one.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
i dont know how i feel
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
KKKKKKKHHHHHHAAAAAAAANNNNNNN!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
05/29/2012 03:27 PMPosted by Mitcherfive
KKKKKKKHHHHHHAAAAAAAANNNNNNN!

How in the hell did it take 33 posts for this to show up?
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
The villain is going to be Khan? And they cast Benedict Cumberbatch, who is quite possibly the whitest and most English man alive, to play him?

...I think I'll watch this movie just to see how that turns out.

WHAT!?!?!

Thats effin hilarious!

teaser tailer omg!

http://www.movies.com/movie-news/what-they-said-damon-lindelof-talks-39star-trek-339-will-jj-abrams-complete-trilogy/8275?wssac=164&wssaffid=news&_r=true
Edited by Zevahcotineb on 6/7/2012 9:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]