Still no Beta

(Locked)

85 Blood Elf Paladin
Signed up for AP in October still no beta invite and still no updates whats going on?
100 Night Elf Druid
05/01/2012 06:03 PMPosted by Darkmouse
Signed up for AP in October still no beta invite and still no updates whats going on?
Are you checking your battle.net account to be sure?
Edited by Fanahlia on 5/1/2012 6:09 PM PDT
97 Draenei Paladin
05/01/2012 06:03 PMPosted by Darkmouse
Um, you need to call their customer service line.
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Blizzard posted all of the MoP beta's have been sent out.
97 Draenei Paladin
05/01/2012 06:27 PMPosted by Maldo

We have established that is the problem, sir. The only solution would be for them to call Blizzards customer support which can be found by going into account -> contact us
100 Blood Elf Priest
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4768477849#1
We want to confirm that, at this time, all World of Warcraft Annual Pass subscribers have been invited to the Mists of Pandaria beta test, with two groups of exceptions. One exception group are those who purchased an Annual Pass on or after April 18, and will receive their invite in a future wave. The second exception is a small list of remaining accounts from previous waves that encountered an error, and will be properly flagged for beta access as soon as we can resolve the issue.
100 Blood Elf Priest
They have not updated the notification thread over in General stating that all the passes have been sent out. Until they do, do not think they have.
97 Draenei Paladin
We want to confirm that, at this time, all World of Warcraft Annual Pass subscribers have been invited to the Mists of Pandaria beta test, with two groups of exceptions. One exception group are those who purchased an Annual Pass on or after April 18, and will receive their invite in a future wave. The second exception is a small list of remaining accounts from previous waves that encountered an error, and will be properly flagged for beta access as soon as we can resolve the issue.

The OP still needs to call Blizzard customer service to find out if they are even apart of either of those two groups of exceptions, what the 'exception' on their account was, just what the resolution is, and when they should expect the beta invite.
100 Blood Elf Priest

The OP still needs to call Blizzard customer service to find out if they are even apart of either of those two groups of exceptions, what the 'exception' on their account was, just what the resolution is, and when they should expect the beta invite.
No, the OP doesn't need to call and tie up the phone queue from those that really need it. As long as they have the D3 listed on their account as well as the mount, then it stands to reason that they are part of the few accounts there was a problem flagging for beta. If after the thread in General is updated saying that all invites have been sent out and they are not in, THEN they would need to call in to find out why.
97 Draenei Paladin
As long as they have the D3 listed on their account as well as the mount, then it stands to reason that they are part of the few accounts there was a problem flagging for beta.

First of all agreeing to a contract to later be told that something went wrong and you're not getting on the boat with the other 1, 2, or 3 million other people due to an unspecified technical issue concerning your account which will be resolved at an undetermined time is as valid a reason as it gets for calling customer support.

Second of all, no it doesn't stand to reason that they are apart of the two groups of exceptions anymore that it stood to reason that should have been flagged for the beta when they signed the contract and got the other items. I would contest that at this point one would be... seriously remiss if they didn't bother to pick up the phone at this point.
Edited by Berelythia on 5/1/2012 6:52 PM PDT
100 Draenei Shaman
I will not argue the point of calling or not.. i can see both sides of calling or not.

First of all agreeing to a contract to later be told that something went wrong and you're not getting on the boat with the other 1, 2, or 3 million other people due to an unspecified technical issue concerning your account which will be resolved at an undetermined time is as valid a reason as it gets for calling customer support.

But on this fact.. there is still NOTHING to worry about with the contract. The contract just states that you will get the opportunity to test the beta... so even if for whatever reason they couldnt get it working till a week before the beta closes.. they technicaly still were fufilling their part of the contract. As long as a person is in before the beta closes, they contract is fullilled.. so there is still ALOT of time left before calling for that.
if they never got it, after the bet ended..then sure.

As for now, though yes i could see to call just to make sure you are on the 'working on' list just for peace of minds sake
85 Worgen Death Knight
is as valid a reason as it gets for calling customer support.

Except Customer Support can't do anything for the Beta, that is all under the direction of the Developers. Calling Customer Support about this will just get an answer along the lines of "The Developers are working on this, please continue to wait and be patient." Which is what they should continue to do while they work on the issue with some of the beta invitations.
100 Night Elf Priest
Have we determined Darkmouse has checked account management, and that the option is not there?
97 Draenei Paladin
05/01/2012 06:57 PMPosted by Reenela
they technicaly still were fufilling their part of the contract. As long as a person is in before the beta closes, they contract is fullilled.. so there is still ALOT of time left before calling for that.

These people should have been in the beta with all of the other people who signed the same exact contract. The argument that Blizzard is off the hook and we shouldn't worry about it if the person gets only 1 minute of beta testing time is a highly inflammatory statement. That kind of statement is what has ensured that I will never do such business with Blizzard again in the future.

05/01/2012 07:01 PMPosted by Clanbane
is as valid a reason as it gets for calling customer support.

Except Customer Support can't do anything for the Beta

They did for me. They sent the beta client link in an email. Poof! Problem solved.
Edited by Berelythia on 5/1/2012 7:16 PM PDT
100 Draenei Shaman
These people should have been in the beta with all of the other people who signed the same exact contract. Arguing technicalities like this is inflammatory, and is the reason why I and a host of others will never make another such contract as this ever again with Blizzard.

what? there is no way that it is inflamatory.

Blizzard never promissed anyone a timeframe on the beta.. they could have had a 1 week beta, and every single AP holder in it for that one week before it came out.. they never said a time fram of any form.

If anyone feels that they were cheated with this contract, it is by their own assumptions on what the contract terms were. I signed up just as morhime announced it.. and i knew from the start that i could be in it at any time, could be long, could be short.. and i sat patiently and waited.
100 Draenei Shaman
05/01/2012 07:11 PMPosted by Berelythia
They did for me. They sent the beta client link in an email. Poof! Problem solved.

That link has freely been available since day one of the client being out for anyone to download it before hand.
97 Draenei Paladin
05/01/2012 07:20 PMPosted by Reenela
These people should have been in the beta with all of the other people who signed the same exact contract. Arguing technicalities like this is inflammatory, and is the reason why I and a host of others will never make another such contract as this ever again with Blizzard.

what? there is no way that it is inflamatory.

It's inflammatory. If I wanted to keep any kind of relationship with someone, let alone a business one, I wouldn't say anything to the affect of the above statement you made regarding this. Especially given what has just happened.

That link has freely been available since day one of the client being out for anyone to download it before hand.

Wrong beta.
Edited by Berelythia on 5/1/2012 7:28 PM PDT
100 Draenei Shaman
I will abandon this thread, as i dont appreciate being accused of things when posting facts. Good day.. enjoy your game.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Yes i have checked my battle.net and no I do not have the beta
Support Forum Agent
05/01/2012 06:29 PMPosted by Berelythia
We have established that is the problem, sir. The only solution would be for them to call Blizzards customer support which can be found by going into account -> contact us

Actually, it has been stated numerous times that In-Game Support is unable to assist with such issues. Please do not call them, they will only be able to tell you that they are unable to help.

05/01/2012 06:27 PMPosted by Maldo

Actually, that is incorrect. As the link and quote that Flatspriest provided indicates folks who signed up after the 18th have not. There was also a small percentage of folks who experienced an issue when they tried to apply the beta account. That matter is being looked into and addressed as soon as possible.

05/01/2012 06:35 PMPosted by Berelythia

If you signed up for the Annual Pass and you do not yet have a Mists of Pandaria beta account on your Battle.net account you are part of one of those two groups. In-Game Support is unable to provide details as to why you may not yet have the invite, what the resolution is or when they may expect the invite.

Actually, your issue was entirely different. You had access to Diablo III beta, as indicated by the invite you received from us, but it wasn't displaying. The troubleshooting steps were given to help make it appear for you. They in no way adjusted your Beta access, as they do not have the ability to do that.

These people should have been in the beta with all of the other people who signed the same exact contract. The argument that Blizzard is off the hook and we shouldn't worry about it if the person gets only 1 minute of beta testing time is a highly inflammatory statement. That kind of statement is what has ensured that I will never do such business with Blizzard again in the future.

I don't think anyone is suggesting that we're "off the hook", Berelythia, only that the course of action you seem to be suggesting would not actually do anything to help the situation. Annual Pass holders will receive beta access for the Mists of Pandaria, that is a guarantee. Often in the course of a conversation on this type of subject, when someone is supposed to receive one of the promotional benefits is usually at the heart of the confusion. Reenela is simply pointing out a contractual technicality to counter your argument.

That isn't to say that we aren't trying to get every single person with an active Annual Pass the ability to participate in the MoP beta as quickly as possible. We absolutely are and have continually shown that is remains a high priority.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]