A reasonable discussion about Transmog rules

85 Night Elf Druid
First rule of this thread, I dont want to talk about the lvl 60 pvp armor restrictions. If that is something you want to discuss then please go to http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4768447810?page=1

So what do do i want to talk about? Other transmog restrictions... what I would like to see is:

1) Let main hand weapons be mogged to replace a 1h weapon that is in the main hand slot, I understand that this is probably a coding issue because transmog is just a item xxxxx looks like item yyyyy, however maybe coding could be added that item xxxxx looks like item yyyyy and is restricted to yyyyy's restrictions. OR maybe if you transmog a 1h weapon to look like a main hand weapon then try to put the weapon into the off hand slot then the transmog drops.

2) Let players mog and 1h or 2h weapon to look like any 1h or 2h weapon that they can equip. So my hunter could mog an 1h axe to look like a sword but not a mace. This is something i was originally against, however its not game breaking, its asthetic, and I understand that some people feel that their characters should stick to certain types of weapons, for rp or personal taste reasons, so I think it should be allowed as long as its a weapon that player can equip.

3) Let players mog white/grey quality weapons and armor. Their are some amazing white/grey armor and weapons in the game, (im looking at you twill vest) Twill Vest

4) Let players mog any type of armor they can equip into the HEAD SLOT ONLY. My dk would love to wear an eye patch or engineer goggles (he is an engineer). Again this should be restricted to what you can equip, no plate helms on my priest, no engineer goggles on my non engineer rogue. As the head slot can be hidden anyway I dont see a point for the restriction. AND as an engineer I feel i should AT LEAST be able to mog the profession items from my profession to replace a slot that i normally keep hidden, even if just because the engineer goggles are phenominal.

5) Please let people who change armor types mog items that match the armor type they would be wearing at that level... My hunter should be able to mog lvl 40 and below leather gear over her mail because before lvl 40 she would be wearing leather.

6) Please leave all other armor type restrictions in place, my dk doesnt need to run around in an astralaan robe, my priest doesnt need to run around in the judgement set. I support this because on a battlefield armor types allow you to know SOMETHING of how that character will attack you, cloth wearers are going to cast something sinister, plate wearers are going to beat me to death with melee attacks, mail wearers are a bit of a question because some shammies cast and some melee, but if they wear mail and they dont have a pet its a shammy... if they wear leather and arent furry or feathery then they are going to stab me with poison things...

7) Let people mog their legendaries. as much as people think that everyone will run around with thunderfury, i use transmog, and i dont think im alone, in order to look different, even if i had a legendary that everyone else was mogging, that would make me not mog it because i dont want to be a seep ( which is wierd since im a druid)

8) Leave the funny weapons out. I know this is a point of contention amoung players, but i dont need to tank with a herring, im ok with some of the sillier weapons/armor being out of the game for mogging... however the invisible vest should be fine seeing as how my pally can wear Warrior's Embrace

so thats my list so far, what do you think? please please please if you are hackur or one of his alts, read the first rule, this isnt about you or anyone else wanting the lvl 60 pvp gear that people had to grind for hours apon hours to get, its only about other restrictions.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
I agree with all of that.

So... does my set work with No'Kaleds? :D
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I think they had said eventually some of the restrictions will be lifted? I too have seen gray items that look pretty cool. Nice post OP. :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
<-------Complete twill set (minus the head piece) in all it's glory.

Bow down to my sartorial splendor and please allow me to blind my enemies with it while running a dungeon.

edit: Oh and minus the gloves as well I couldn't pull them over the big rock I have on my finger.
Edited by Bankrolly on 4/28/2012 1:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
Allow us to disable weapon enchantment glow.

There's no point in transmoggingmost other daggers because they just look like yellow landslide sticks.

Better yet, add transmog slots just for enchantments.
Edited by Vintorez on 4/28/2012 1:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Your list is pretty good, I do agree with it.

I'm still unsure about the transmogging a 1h sword to a 1h mace due to class specific weapon skills.... but I guess it'd be nice to be able to do that.

Another thing to be added to the list though:

9) Allow tabards to be hidden.
Also, if you use a weapon enchant on a weapon you want to use as transmog, that weapon enchant should cover up the weapon enchant you're using on your actual weapon. (For example, I hate Landslide on my rogue, and one dagger I particularly love is the Emerald Ripper... but the Landslide enchant just ruins the dagger for me)

Or allow weapon enchants to be hidden/dimmed down.
Edited by Rephlection on 4/28/2012 1:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
04/28/2012 01:03 PMPosted by Avaryce
I think they had said eventually some of the restrictions will be lifted? I too have seen gray items that look pretty cool. Nice post OP. :)

yes, im not imposing a time restriction... just giving an example of what i think are resonable restrictions to impose/lift

thanks for the support
Edited by Lifemonkee on 4/28/2012 1:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Allow us to disable weapon enchantment glow.

There's no point in transmoggingmost other daggers because they just look like yellow landslide sticks.

Better yet, add transmog slots just for enchantments.

i agree their should be an option to disable enchant effects, however thats not directly related to transmog... although one thing that does work is to transmog a weapon that has its own effect, then it wont show enchants at all... Speedsteel Rapier for instance
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
04/28/2012 01:18 PMPosted by Rephlection
I'm still unsure about the transmogging a 1h sword to a 1h mace due to class specific weapon skills.... but I guess it'd be nice to be able to do that.

it does nothing... transmog is just (afaik) a slight coding change... the client says that item xxxx1 is equiped and brings the stats of xxxx1 and looks like xxxx1... when its mogged the client is changed to say that item xxxx1 is equiped and brings the stats of xxxx1 and looks like xxxx2... only the looks like is affected, so weapon specific skills arent affected... but this is my understnading, and im not a developer...
Reply Quote
13 Troll Mage
Completely agree, restrictions on transmog are overbearing and pointlessly restrictive.
Reply Quote
70 Blood Elf Hunter
I'd like to see at least HAT restrictions be lifted. Of course cloth still couldn't transmog plate, etc. but I'd love to wear Cursed Vision on my death knight. I really don't see why rules are so strict for something that's meant to be creative and personal
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
I don't really agree with changing how mogging works for weapons except the whole one hand/main hand thing. I like how xmogging has induced players into running old school content again for various weapons and clothes, etc. I really would like people to continue putting forth an effort into getting JUST the right weapon to match their outfit.

Also, Blizzard needs to fix blacksmithing and the lost BS weapons that go with it. There's a ton of amazing weapons sitting in limbo.

Last thing, please bring back some greens/blues/purples that have been removed from the game for no reason. Not talking about tier items such as Tier 3, but world drops.Edit* agree with the helm idea x200940334980.
Edited by Maeve on 4/28/2012 1:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
13 Troll Mage
I don't really agree with changing how mogging works for weapons except the whole one hand/main hand thing. I like how xmogging has induced players into running old school content again for various weapons and clothes, etc. I really would like people to continue putting forth an effort into getting JUST the right weapon to match their outfit.

Also, Blizzard needs to fix blacksmithing and the lost BS weapons that go with it. There's a ton of amazing weapons sitting in limbo.

Last thing, please bring back some greens/blues/purples that have been removed from the game for no reason. Not talking about tier items such as Tier 3, but world drops.

So why should i have to change my character concept or story because i got a new axe that i have to use because its stats are better than my sword?
Reply Quote
13 Troll Mage
04/28/2012 01:55 PMPosted by Maehara
5) Please let people who change armor types mog items that match the armor type they would be wearing at that level... My hunter should be able to mog lvl 40 and below leather gear over her mail because before lvl 40 she would be wearing leather.
Btw, I love this idea. I'd really enjoy running around in Scarlet Monastery garb.

That set is very obviously meant to be worn by Warriors and Paladins, its kind of sad that my shaman can wear it but not my paladin...

On a side note, should DKs be allowed to mog sub lvl 40 chain?
Reply Quote
35 Human Warlock
What do you think about level restrictions? That's my bone anyway.

I'm not a speedy leveler and I would like to look nice during my travels. Heck, its a new game to play if you travel just to get a set of good looking gear! (Could you imagine if they even implemented quests!?)
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
04/28/2012 01:52 PMPosted by Maeve

i ran brs 3 times this morning before i had to leave the house trying to get a gear drop off of the boss in the hatchery... i dont think that making swords be able to mog to maces etc for items u can equip would lessen the running of old content... i would still obsess over weapons/armor i want, but i would in fact run more content to get the right mace and the right sword, and the right dagger etc... wouldnt that mean more content for all the weapons i can equip?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid

On a side note, should DKs be allowed to mog sub lvl 40 chain?

yes
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]